Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    Why suddenly after 15 years?
    Because the multiboxing that's going on now isn't the same thing as it was in the past.

I used to multibox, I ran a 5 account team in dungeons in Wrath/Cata. What it is now is not what I was doing - it's clearly a problem with mats and camping spawns so nobody can play in an area. And, seeing how limited flowers and ore are in the SL beta, it was going to be a MASSIVE problem.

I used to be very mindful of the rules back then, because the token didn't exist, so I was paying out of pocket to do it, so I wouldn't dare do what the MB/bot farmers are doing now. They have minimal risk, financially, because they can fund multiple accounts farming zones.

Watching the videos of what's going on in the live servers, I'm not shocked by this in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Incorrect but you're entitled to your wrong opinion.
    Majority of people think it's a good change. I am interested why you think it is a move in the wrong direction.

just go over dungeons, like botanica, near Ulduar and you can see storm of druids sometimes if you are in the right shards even hundreds.

Bots will shine again now with less competition, people are just not understanding it for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Good news in my book. In fact, if it were up to me, I'd make multiboxing against the TOS entirely.
    wrong.

Multiboxing is allowed. This is a lazy fix for the one with 100+ accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Majority of people think it's a good change. I am interested why you think it is a move in the wrong direction.
    By majority you mean majority of MMO-C forum trolls then sure.

Anything that drives prices down is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You had it backwards.

Blizzard sees 10 x $15 a month or $1800 a year, gone !
    with the amount of gold the multiboxers get, they pay for their accounts with that gold, blizz loses almost nothing by getting rid of them

There are many multiboxers that this change wont affect their gameplay.

Multiboxing isnt the same thing as replicating the same spell to other accounts using external software. Multiboxing is playing more than one account at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You will see in 1 month when you can't sell you mats anyway cause bots will farm.

And if there will be no bots you will see in 1 month when a raid evening will cost you 30-50k (was 10k at the start of legion)

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you can blatantly tell who is a butthurt multiboxxer without them even having to say it based on their claims that this will cause the sky to fall. Sub price increases? You seriously think more than a freaking percent of the playerbase actually multiboxxed? It seemed very abundant, but it was still very much niche.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    There are many multiboxers that this change wont affect their gameplay.

Multiboxing isnt the same thing as replicating the same spell to other accounts using external software. Multiboxing is playing more than one account at a time.
    As someone who used to multibox, running a MB team is going to be extremely difficult, especially as a hardware keyboard multiplexer will be indistinguishable from software. Banning input broadcast...I'm not even really sure how you would MB now, at least not in any way that would get anything done. You can nitpick the definition of it, but this policy change makes MBing pretty much impossible. This new rule means one keyboard per character, and since most people are running multiple teams on one cpu, tabbing from game instance to game instance is going to be...awkward. Even just for moving around. The key broadcasting software is what made it possible for most of the history of MBing wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hopefully they add whatever the "boosting" provides to the blizz store, so we can buy it there directly and don't have to go through boosters to get it.
    You do realize that the game then effectively becomes pay to win?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Better late than never. Too bad it took years and years of rational people trying to explain to Blizz that this was done to support botting before they finally accepted reality.

Quote Originally Posted by DranightKM View Post
    with the amount of gold the multiboxers get, they pay for their accounts with that gold, blizz loses almost nothing by getting rid of them
    You do realise those tokens are paid for by someone, right? and the tokens cost more than a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by DranightKM View Post
    Yeah. so you don't know how this works at all.
    What is it that they buy with that gold ? Exactly, A token. A token bought by another player for almost double the sub fee. Blizzard lose more money on this then someone who pay a sub with money.

They don't just pay the gold to a computer who adds game time. They pay for a token bought by another player

Great change, and great of them for giving people fair warning.

Get fecked multiboxers!

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    And the whiner won.

They whine about high prices on trade goods yet dont like someone that brings prices down like multiboxers or botters do.

Big yikes

Me too, raiding is going to be expensive rofl
    God forbid to join a guild and everybody act like a proper guildmember...you know collect/craft stuff.....Teamwork out of raiding? Blasphemy.....

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Good news in my book. In fact, if it were up to me, I'd make multiboxing against the TOS entirely.
    Isn't that exactly what's happened...?

Multiboxing to me = you control several accounts with 1 keystroke. If they also outlaw being online on 2 accounts at the same time, my combined transmog runs (bring a lower level on /follow that can unlock other armor types) are toast...

Delicious multiboxer tears in this thread.

Technically, MB is still not against the TOS, just using the software that essentially makes it a form of botting. If you want to alt+tab between 2 characters and play normally I believe this is still allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Isn't that exactly what's happened...?

Multiboxing to me = you control several accounts with 1 keystroke. If they also outlaw being online on 2 accounts at the same time, my combined transmog runs (bring a lower level on /follow that can unlock other armor types) are toast...
    The action that can get you actioned is two accounts sharing the input of the computer at the same time. If your alt is on follow and not sharing the keyboard input of your main, you should be okay.

Everything to make it harder on them is a good thing.