Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Oh gosh those were the worse, they just made doing professions so much harder, especially herbing, and serious AH competition.
    Again, the gathering will be the less afflicted professions from this.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post


    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

    Something for the average player to celebrate.
    I belive that when I see it.
    You could see the same people using farming bots for years without Blizzard doing anything. I doubt they will care much about multiboxers.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I wonder how you'd have to look like irl to go through such lengths for one casual videogame.
    you can't pull this off on your moms creditcard, so they'd look like people with a good job.

  4. #304
    Right move by Blizzard. No one should be controlling their own raid.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  5. #305
    Maybe they will just give these whales a 10x damage and 10x resource gathering buff as something you can buy in the store.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Honestly super hecking sad to see it go.
    Multi-boxing is super cool.

    But as always, some people just ruin it for the rest of them.

    (foot note, i have never actually multi boxed, but i did try dual boxing for a week and it was really, really cool nearly 98% of it was in instances)
    What is cool about it? I can only think of cheating when i think of multiboxing. Making things faster than intended - like leveling for boosts. Farming things faster than intended - like herbing for gold / selling. Oneshotting ppl in pvp with perfectly aligned attacks that a group of actual people would not be able to do.
    What am i missing? I mean i dont think anyone multiboxes just to prance around in mount parades?

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    they'd look like people with a good job.
    Multiboxers confirmed, all look like Bobby Kotick lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you can't pull this off on your moms creditcard, so they'd look like people with a good job.
    Riiiight, there's nothing like a good session of multiboxing on WoW after a hard day of work.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Riiiight, there's nothing like a good session of multiboxing on WoW after a hard day of work.
    saw some documentary style video on some multiboxer who had like 30 accounts.

    was just some norwegian dude with a decent job, explaining how spending a grand a month orso on it wasn't a big financial deal. think he was a programmer or something as the dayjob.

    don't see how its any different from a good session of regular wow after a hard days work.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    saw some documentary style video on some multiboxer who had like 30 accounts.
    I see your 30 and raise you 80!

    https://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I see your 30 and raise you 80!

    https://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow
    I'm so glad this guy is no longer able to operate wow. He will quit 100%, he can't handle the game with just one character he is a truly terrible player with an ego that rivals trumps.

  12. #312
    Imagine making even just 30 separate accounts, like go do something better with your time...

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    What is cool about it? I can only think of cheating when i think of multiboxing. Making things faster than intended - like leveling for boosts. Farming things faster than intended - like herbing for gold / selling. Oneshotting ppl in pvp with perfectly aligned attacks that a group of actual people would not be able to do.
    What am i missing? I mean i dont think anyone multiboxes just to prance around in mount parades?
    What are you missing? Aside from the fact that multiboxing isn't cheating even if you want it to be cheating? Probably a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Folks, calm down, the market doesn't need the help of multiboxers for prices to be tanked. All it takes is one dumbass
    Except prices are unlikely to "tank".

    If anything, supply will go down because there are less toons collecting mats, while demand stays stable (since nearly all of the mat requirements for crafting in SL were increased *after* the change effecting multiboxerswas announced). When that happens, greedy fucks will drive prices up, because that's what greedy fucks do.

  14. #314
    The most fascinating part of all this is watching the salty multiboxers screech online "awww no blizzards messin with tha big dogz!" like paying rent multiple times each month to activision to be a volunteer gold farm bot is some super hardcore crowd companies should be scared of. What absolute engines of depression.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What are you missing? Aside from the fact that multiboxing isn't cheating even if you want it to be cheating? Probably a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Except prices are unlikely to "tank".

    If anything, supply will go down because there are less toons collecting mats, while demand stays stable (since nearly all of the mat requirements for crafting in SL were increased *after* the change effecting multiboxerswas announced). When that happens, greedy fucks will drive prices up, because that's what greedy fucks do.
    It is a form of cheating for sure. I'm not even sure how you can argue this. You literally are giving yourself the power of how ever many characters you want in order to overcome obstacles that would normally be difficult.

    Obviously this form of cheating is limited to specific areas of the game, like raiding doesn't get easier for you, but other areas of the game it for sure does.

    I mean even just looking up the literal definition of cheating in video games will basically describe multiboxing for you.

    Cheating in video games involves a video game player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier.

  16. #316
    Multiboxing is essentially a combination of two things that most gamers would agree on suck.

    It's pay to win and a little bit too close to what botters do.

    Is pay to win cheating? I don't think so... it's just not something I want in games that I play.

    Is botting cheating? Of course, who in good conscience would argue against that. While Multiboxing isn't full-on botting... it's close enough that Blizzard is putting a hard ban on that aspect of Multiboxing.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Good luck to any multiboxer clicking each windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It will severely reduce their effectiveness.
    No it won't.

    Goldmaking setups are very easy and require only a few buttons.

    The clever ones will setup a bind to cycle through the "active" client (informally, like alt tabbing) and just spam one button while holding scroll wheel.

    OR, they will simply migrate to a hardware broadcasting setup which is not forbidden by the new ToS.

    OR, they will simply take the approach botters already take, which is to treat bans as the cost of doing business. It hardly matters if you are making millions of gold per day.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

    “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

    ― Douglas Adams

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    No it won't.

    Goldmaking setups are very easy and require only a few buttons.

    The clever ones will setup a bind to cycle through the "active" client (informally, like alt tabbing) and just spam one button while holding scroll wheel.

    OR, they will simply migrate to a hardware broadcasting setup which is not forbidden by the new ToS.

    OR, they will simply take the approach botters already take, which is to treat bans as the cost of doing business. It hardly matters if you are making millions of gold per day.
    First of all this will still reduce their effectiveness TREMENDOUSLY. You don't just gather or loot things by clicking a button, you have to actually hover your mouse over what you need, and if you do have a macro or button that does this, it is 100% bannable.

    Also, I seriously have no idea how so many of you people are so stuck on the idea of "IF IT'S NOT A SOFTWARE THEY CAN'T BAN ME". Guys, it fairly obvious what they are shooting for here. Anything that is going to replicated keystrokes, whether they didn't specifically say hardware or not, is going to be banned.

    Just like if I were to afk in an AV with an oscillating fan and a pencil isn't technically using an afk software, blizzard is still 100% going to ban me without a doubt. I honest to god can't fathom the thought of blizzard just specifically banning software when it's pretty clear what their goal is with this ban. To ban anything that replicated keystrokes across multiple accounts.

  19. #319
    if blizzard sees that a key is broadcasted at the same time or very close interval or at the same interval (hence non human) to multiple game windows, then they will ban.
    it's not hard to detect a human alt tab or window switch, the interval is never the same to the milisecond.
    there's no such thing as making millions per day with tricks like this, maybe it was possible if you cheated, no longer.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    First of all this will still reduce their effectiveness TREMENDOUSLY. You don't just gather or loot things by clicking a button, you have to actually hover your mouse over what you need, and if you do have a macro or button that does this, it is 100% bannable.
    Exactly. The guy with 10 druids herbing needs to individually get the active window for every client , focus the mouse and right click it....so how do this reduce his effectiveness TREMENDOUSLY?

    What's different for the guy with 10 druids over now? Having to press the /follow macro individually on every client at the start of the session instead of mutiplexing the follow command?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •