Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The most fascinating part of all this is watching the salty multiboxers screech online "awww no blizzards messin with tha big dogz!" like paying rent multiple times each month to activision to be a volunteer gold farm bot is some super hardcore crowd companies should be scared of. What absolute engines of depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What are you missing? Aside from the fact that multiboxing isn't cheating even if you want it to be cheating? Probably a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Except prices are unlikely to "tank".

If anything, supply will go down because there are less toons collecting mats, while demand stays stable (since nearly all of the mat requirements for crafting in SL were increased *after* the change effecting multiboxerswas announced). When that happens, greedy fucks will drive prices up, because that's what greedy fucks do.
    It is a form of cheating for sure. I'm not even sure how you can argue this. You literally are giving yourself the power of how ever many characters you want in order to overcome obstacles that would normally be difficult.

Obviously this form of cheating is limited to specific areas of the game, like raiding doesn't get easier for you, but other areas of the game it for sure does.

I mean even just looking up the literal definition of cheating in video games will basically describe multiboxing for you.

Cheating in video games involves a video game player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier.

Multiboxing is essentially a combination of two things that most gamers would agree on suck.

It's pay to win and a little bit too close to what botters do.

Is pay to win cheating? I don't think so... it's just not something I want in games that I play.

Is botting cheating? Of course, who in good conscience would argue against that. While Multiboxing isn't full-on botting... it's close enough that Blizzard is putting a hard ban on that aspect of Multiboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Good luck to any multiboxer clicking each windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It will severely reduce their effectiveness.
    No it won't.

Goldmaking setups are very easy and require only a few buttons.

The clever ones will setup a bind to cycle through the "active" client (informally, like alt tabbing) and just spam one button while holding scroll wheel.

OR, they will simply migrate to a hardware broadcasting setup which is not forbidden by the new ToS.

OR, they will simply take the approach botters already take, which is to treat bans as the cost of doing business. It hardly matters if you are making millions of gold per day.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    No it won't.

Goldmaking setups are very easy and require only a few buttons.

The clever ones will setup a bind to cycle through the "active" client (informally, like alt tabbing) and just spam one button while holding scroll wheel.

OR, they will simply migrate to a hardware broadcasting setup which is not forbidden by the new ToS.

OR, they will simply take the approach botters already take, which is to treat bans as the cost of doing business. It hardly matters if you are making millions of gold per day.
    First of all this will still reduce their effectiveness TREMENDOUSLY. You don't just gather or loot things by clicking a button, you have to actually hover your mouse over what you need, and if you do have a macro or button that does this, it is 100% bannable.

Also, I seriously have no idea how so many of you people are so stuck on the idea of "IF IT'S NOT A SOFTWARE THEY CAN'T BAN ME". Guys, it fairly obvious what they are shooting for here. Anything that is going to replicated keystrokes, whether they didn't specifically say hardware or not, is going to be banned.

Just like if I were to afk in an AV with an oscillating fan and a pencil isn't technically using an afk software, blizzard is still 100% going to ban me without a doubt. I honest to god can't fathom the thought of blizzard just specifically banning software when it's pretty clear what their goal is with this ban. To ban anything that replicated keystrokes across multiple accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    if blizzard sees that a key is broadcasted at the same time or very close interval or at the same interval (hence non human) to multiple game windows, then they will ban.
    it's not hard to detect a human alt tab or window switch, the interval is never the same to the milisecond.
    there's no such thing as making millions per day with tricks like this, maybe it was possible if you cheated, no longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    First of all this will still reduce their effectiveness TREMENDOUSLY. You don't just gather or loot things by clicking a button, you have to actually hover your mouse over what you need, and if you do have a macro or button that does this, it is 100% bannable.
    Exactly. The guy with 10 druids herbing needs to individually get the active window for every client , focus the mouse and right click it....so how do this reduce his effectiveness TREMENDOUSLY?

What's different for the guy with 10 druids over now? Having to press the /follow macro individually on every client at the start of the session instead of mutiplexing the follow command?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Exactly. The guy with 10 druids herbing needs to individually get the active window for every client , focus the mouse and right click it....so how do this reduce his effectiveness TREMENDOUSLY?

What's different for the guy with 10 druids over now? Having to press the /follow macro individually on every client at the start of the session instead of mutiplexing the follow command?
    Are you actually asking how this reduces his effectiveness or are you being sarcastic I actually can't tell. It's extremely obvious how this slows him down tremendously and it's not even a question. I mean if you really need me to explain point by point how this slows him down I certainly can lol.

Are you actually asking how this reduces his effectiveness or are you being sarcastic I actually can't tell. It's extremely obvious how this slows him down tremendously and it's not even a question. I mean if you really need me to explain point by point how this slows him down I certainly can lol.
    I am actually. Not familiarized with multiboxing but what I see is that there was no multiplexing keystrokes before ( the guy needed to get the active client and right click it with the mouse before) and this is exactly what he wil do now.

Isn't it how it works now? So instead of this attitude you can just explain how it works now because I can't see a difference ( beyond multiplexing the follow command when you start the session).

Also, I seriously have no idea how so many of you people are so stuck on the idea of "IF IT'S NOT A SOFTWARE THEY CAN'T BAN ME". Guys, it fairly obvious what they are shooting for here. Anything that is going to replicated keystrokes, whether they didn't specifically say hardware or not, is going to be banned.

Just like if I were to afk in an AV with an oscillating fan and a pencil isn't technically using an afk software, blizzard is still 100% going to ban me without a doubt. I honest to god can't fathom the thought of blizzard just specifically banning software when it's pretty clear what their goal is with this ban. To ban anything that replicated keystrokes across multiple accounts.
    You're hugely mistaken.

The game already has a built in keybind to loot, it's called InteractWithTarget. It's disabled in the default configuration so most players don't know about it but you can assign any keybind to it.

So all a multiboxer has to do is bind a macro that does assist party leader + interact with target, then bind their scroll wheel to cycle between WoW clients, and they simply spam that macro while scrolling through their clients. EZ

Depending on the type of farm they are doing, the assist macro may not be necessary (for example if the characters are spread out each camping a spawn, they would already have targeting macros baked into their rotation).

Anyway if you are doing a hyperspawn farm, looting is something that you only need to do any every few minutes anyway. Any in retail, unlike classic, you can loot all nearby mobs just by looting a single mob.

Your arguments make it clear that you don't understand how any of this actually works.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-11-05 at 06:39 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    And the whiners win....lmao I don't even multibox but the bitching from the non boxers was hilariously out of whack
    This. In 14 years I've seen like 3 multiboxers. And that's everything I can say about the topic. Some people are whining about every fucking thing for no proper reason.

I'm so glad this guy is no longer able to operate wow. He will quit 100%, he can't handle the game with just one character he is a truly terrible player with an ego that rivals trumps.
    He already quit, we'll see if he stays quitted lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    I am actually. Not familiarized with multiboxing but what I see is that there was no multiplexing keystrokes before ( the guy needed to get the active client and right click it with the mouse before) and this is exactly what he wil do now.

Isn't it how it works now? So instead of this attitude you can just explain how it works now because I can't see a difference ( beyond multiplexing the follow command when you start the session).
    https://youtu.be/VoG_JeuI4Fo?t=43

0:43-1:15

This is just the difference in looting the herbs itself. But let me walk through what this would look like in a zone where you have to fly.

With the software/hardware that replicates your movements/keystrokes/clicks, farming basically looks like it would on a single character. Mount up, fly, find node,right click, mount up, find next node.

But without this software it will look something like this with 10 characters.

Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), switch windows, Press jump (to get in the air), Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, switch windows, Right click node, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up, switch windows, Mount up,

etc, etc.

Obviously typed out it looks really really bad, and you can probably get the swing of things and get fairly decent at it, but realistically even if you are really good this is going to slow down your speed A TON. Because before it was basically just like running one character without even thinking about the others just trailing behind. Now you literally have to swap windows 10 times for every single little action you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    You're hugely mistaken.

The game already has a built in keybind to loot, it's called InteractWithTarget. It's disabled in the default configuration but you can assign any keybind to it.

So all a multiboxer has to do is bind a macro that does assist party leader + interact with target, then bind their scroll wheel to cycle between WoW clients, and they simply spam that macro while scrolling through their clients. EZ
    You don't target herbs/mines

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Imagine making even just 30 separate accounts, like go do something better with your time...
    You don't get to choose what people enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

It is a form of cheating for sure. I'm not even sure how you can argue this.
    Because the game maker said it's not. If Blizz says "fly hacking software is allowed" guess what? It's not cheating anymore.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You don't get to choose what people enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Because the game maker said it's not. If Blizz says "fly hacking software is allowed" guess what? It's not cheating anymore.
    Just going to say, obviously after this announcement this argument no longer holds any water for obvious reasons so there is no point in even attempting to humor it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    if blizzard sees that a key is broadcasted at the same time or very close interval or at the same interval (hence non human) to multiple game windows, then they will ban.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...xing/707988/14

- - - Updated - - -

Just going to say, obviously after this announcement this argument no longer holds any water for obvious reasons so there is no point in even attempting to humor it.
    lol alright then don't, you didn't have to tell me you weren't just ignore it.
    My Collection

You don't target herbs/mines
    You can scroll through WoW clients with your mousewheel while spamming a macro in your other hand that does:

#showtooltip Mining
    /cast [@mouseover] Mining

So neither miners nor hyperspawn farmers are particularly setback by this change.

Also, reminder once again that only software broadcasting is forbidden by this change.

Hardware broadcasting is still allowed. Blizzard has already confirmed this.

So you'll have people arranging numpad keyboards in a grid, gluing chopsticks across the keys, and just pressing down on the chopsticks. This is already what people do in games like EVE Online and it's what they did previously before software like ISBoxer or hotkeynet became available in the firstplace.

If the mining multiboxers are what you are most concerned about, you're really not understanding what is the right approach to fix that problem. There is no reason that a single node needs to be tappable by 10 different characters. Classic doesn't have this problem at all.

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    This. In 14 years I've seen like 3 multiboxers. And that's everything I can say about the topic. Some people are whining about every fucking thing for no proper reason.
    It depends on how big your server pop is, servers with huge player presences are the ones that have most of the issues.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...xing/707988/14

- - - Updated - - -

lol alright then don't, you didn't have to tell me you weren't just ignore it.
    Thanks for posting a post by blizzard of them stating they only mentioned software lol good job.

Also, you understand that when they say as long as the macro does what a normal macro can do in game is ok, instantly breaks a majority of how a lot of hardware multiboxers play right? They use macros built into their keyboards/mouses that function with pressing a key and minimizing and replicating that same key. Which, is not a function you can do with the in game macro so that would in fact be bannable by their definition.

Also you are right, I won't argue it, because it's factually incorrect at this point LOL

Thanks for posting a post by blizzard of them stating they only mentioned software lol good job.

Also, you understand that when they say as long as the macro does what a normal macro can do in game is ok, instantly breaks a majority of how a lot of hardware multiboxers play right? They use macros built into their keyboards/mouses that function with pressing a key and minimizing and replicating that same key. Which, is not a function you can do with the in game macro so that would in fact be bannable by their definition.

Also you are right, I won't argue it, because it's factually incorrect at this point LOL
    That is not how hardware multiboxers play....

They either use a USB device that connects the same keyboard to multiple machines.

OR, they get multiple mini-keyboards and physically connect keys on them so that they are always pressed in sync.

― Douglas Adams