Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tyrande's eyes look better in the cinematic

I usually didn't like the black eyes option for Night Elves. Thought it looks weird. But Tyrande's eyes in the cinematic where she kills Nathanos actually look good.

I think it is because the blue, which seems to represent her pupils in a sort of crescent shape, actually make them look really good.

From what I can tell the player black eye option doesn't look like that, or maybe it's just hard to see.

But if they actually looked like Tyrande's in the game, I'd pick them for my Night Elf.

There's no contest honestly. If they gave Night Elves these instead of the dead black marbles I'd probably start using them.

Yeah that's exactly why I don't like the black eyes. They look dead. Like someone covered someone's eyeballs entirely with black ink. Tyrande's blue star-shaped pupils make them look like actual eyes.

Would be really cool to use for Night Elf Priests and Druids.

I love the solid black eyes that are in the game now. Gives Night Elves an alien/dangerous look. I didn't like Tyrande's eyes in the cinematic cause it looks like she has pupils and I guess since we never see Night Elves with pupils it looks weird to me.

It's because Tyrande is the ACTUAL Night Warrior. The divine power of Elune flows through her veins. That's not the case for the normal night elf with black eyes.

That's the story explanation, if you want one.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's because Tyrande is the ACTUAL Night Warrior. The divine power of Elune flows through her veins. That's not the case for the normal night elf with black eyes.

That's the story explanation, if you want one.
    But before this cinematic, her eyes looked just like the player eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    But before this cinematic, her eyes looked just like the player eyes.
    Actually I'm 99.9% sure they always looked dark blue, ever since 8.1 (both cinematic and in-game cutscene). I believe the player eyes also looked dark blue, but were reworked to black in Shadowlands.

Regardless, Tyrande's eye colour remained consistent. You can check the 8.1 Darkshore cinematic and you'll see that they are dark blue.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Actually I'm 99.9% sure they always looked dark blue, ever since 8.1 (both cinematic and in-game cutscene). I believe the player eyes also looked dark blue, but were reworked to black in Shadowlands.

Regardless, Tyrande's eye colour remained consistent. You can check the 8.1 Darkshore cinematic and you'll see that they are dark blue.
    No, they didn't look like this.

No, they didn't look like this.
    I really have to post the pics, don't I?

And this is the in-game model:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/789836.jpg

So No, her eyes as the Night Warrior were always dark blue.

And as I told you, the player eyes also used to be dark blue like Tyrande's, but they were changed to black in Shadowlands:

https://it.wowhead.com/news=317784/n...are-now-darker

For the entirety of BfA, the "Night Warrior" eyes for playable night elves were dark blue. How did you never notice this, even though you seem to be so interested on this topic?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-13 at 10:50 PM.

I really have to post the pics, don't I?

And this is the in-game model:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/789836.jpg

So No, her eyes as the Night Warrior were always dark blue.

And as I told you, the player eyes also used to be dark blue like Tyrande's, but they were changed to black in Shadowlands:

For the entirety of BfA, the "Night Warrior" eyes for playable night elves were dark blue. How did you never notice this, even though you seem to be so interested on this topic?
    I agree with you on the eyes. But hey she most certainly did not have the two ponytails in the darkshore cinematic. Many main characters have at least two models - one that is usually used for cinematics and a slightly less detailed one that is used ingame. Anduin is the perfect example.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I agree with you on the eyes. But hey she most certainly did not have the two ponytails in the darkshore cinematic. Many main characters have at least two models - one that is usually used for cinematics and a slightly less detailed one that is used ingame. Anduin is the perfect example.
    I also linked the in-game model as shown on Wowhead, she had blue eyes in-game too.

The anomaly here are not the blue eyes, but the black eyes. In fact, in that article I linked from Wowhead, it is specifically mentioned that the eye colour was changed for unknown reasons:

In Shadowlands Build 35755, a change was noticed to the Night Elf's Night Warrior Eye Customization - The blue tint from the eyes is now gone, being now gray instead. It is currently unknown what this could mean, if this is a bug or intended.
    This is quite different from what the OP is saying, which is: "I wish the night elves would finally have blue eyes like Tyrande, then I'd play them" and "Tyrande had black eyes originally, they were changed to blue in this last cinematic".

As I mentioned in my first post here, the change could have been made for story reasons -- they wanted to distinguish Tyrande (the actual Night Warrior of Elune) from the normal night elves. Or it's simply an unintended bug that Blizzard didn't notice.

You can barely see her in the first picture.

You can barely see her in the first picture.
    Right click on the pic, select "View Image", zoom in, you're welcome.

"Tyrande had black eyes originally, they were changed to blue in this last cinematic".
    They weren't changed from black to blue. They're still black, just with blue "pupils".

Even if they've always been like that, if I've never noticed it in the first cinematics, then it's because it's very hard to notice, and now it was very easy to notice because it's in your face.

Either way it doesn't change that I'd really like them on my Night Elf.

I don't care if they are just supposed to be a Tyrande thing, they actually look good and the player ones look bad, which is why I won't use them.

- - - Updated - - -

Right click on the pic, select "View Image", you're welcome.
    You can see a white dot.

Didn't the update change the Night Warrior eye to a dark blue?

They weren't changed from black to blue. They're still black, just with blue "pupils".

Even if they've always been like that, if I've never noticed it in the first cinematics, then it's because it's very hard to notice, and now it was very easy to notice because it's in your face.

Either way it doesn't change that I'd really like them on my Night Elf.

I don't care if they are just supposed to be a Tyrande thing, they actually look good and the player ones look bad, which is why I won't use them.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see a white dot.
    As I told you, the player eyes used to be dark blue like hers before Shadowlands.

This is a bug.

Report it on the Official forum, as Blizzard would not go to MMO-Champion to find some bugs that need fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Didn't the update change the Night Warrior eye to a dark blue?

I just tried it out and they were still pitch black. Maybe they also have blue eyes now? But that's not the ones Tyrande has.

- - - Updated - - -

As I told you, the player eyes used to be dark blue like hers before Shadowlands.

This is a bug.

Report it on the Official forum, as Blizzard would not go to MMO-Champion to find some bugs that need fixing.
    No, the player eyes were always black. What are you talking about? And her eyes aren't blue, hers are black with blue pupils.

And you used to say that Tyrande's eyes are supposed to be different because she is the actual Night Warrior. You're contradicting yourself.

No, the player eyes were always black. What are you talking about? And her eyes aren't blue, hers are black with blue pupils.

And you used to say that Tyrande's eyes are supposed to be different because she is the actual Night Warrior. You're contradicting yourself.
    D...Did you completely skip over my link?

In fact, are you even aware that this customization option has been in the game since patch 8.1?
    So they are blue then.

And you used to say that Tyrande's eyes are supposed to be different because she is the actual Night Warrior.
    IF YOU WANT A STORY REASON (as the other explanation is "it's a bug"), as I pointed out in my first reply here, then yes, it would be because she's the actual Night Warrior.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-13 at 11:33 PM.

D...Did you completely skip over my link?

In fact, are you even aware that this customization option has been in the game since patch 8.1?
    Hmm... never noticed the difference.

But both look bad. Unlike Tyrande's.

All I'll say is that, in the Nathanos cinematic, I definitely noticed Tyrande's eyes looked *SUPER* freaking cool, and I'd definitely choose the same option, were it available to players. The existing "Night Warrior" option for Night Elves feels sorely lacking by comparison.