Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This WILL still affect multiboxing, however.

Multiboxers used to be able to play multiple of the same class at once by multiboxing and carrying keystrokes between windows via third party programs. They don't necessarily even have to play the same class across the multiple windows with the right keybind setup.

Yes, you can alt-tab between windows to multibox, but then you won't be nearly as effective as you used to be. Tabbing through two windows alone would already tax human apm, nevermind the people who used to multibox 5 shaman at once.

They're banning 3rd party apps to multibox entirely. Nothing can carry your inputs between windows anymore. Multiboxing is effectively playing two characters sub-parly now, instead of playing as many characters as you want, at a relatively similar level.
    Still you can multibox without "carrying your inputs between windows anymore" through the use of "3rd party apps to multibox".

Will it affect many multiboxers? Yes.
    Will it reduce multiboxing? Probably.
    Does it prevent players from multiboxing? No.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Again, thats not multiboxing.
    Mutliboxing is simultaneously playing multiple accounts at once ... this is possible either via software on your PC, or software on a dedicated external device.

If you are not playing them simultaneously, you are just playing them concurrently - that's not multi boxing, that's just playing multiple accounts.

So in summary - MULTIBOXING is now against the ToS, however if you use software on an external device - they can't tell.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They nbever got any bad press out of this. ANd they haven't lost 10s of thousands over this either..
    Actually you don't know that. When you quit your sub you are given a chance to specify why you quit. Not hard to imagine a couple thousand of those millions that quit WoW to tell them because of multi boxers. Actually it's very likely at least a couple thousands of those millions that quit did so because of boxers when they got insta gibbed from a druid boxer. Maybe it reached a critical point, the less active subs your game has the more weight a tiny fraction of quitters becomes. So if back then out of 10million subs 0,5% quit because of boxers then nowadays with half as many subs it's 1%. Getting back 1% at the expense of 0,01% of multi boxers is worth it. These numbers are made up and just there to help making my point.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-11-04 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Mutliboxing is simultaneously playing multiple accounts at once ... this is possible either via software on your PC, or software on a dedicated external device.

If you are not playing them simultaneously, you are just playing them concurrently - that's not multi boxing, that's just playing multiple accounts.

So in summary - MULTIBOXING is now against the ToS, however if you use software on an external device - they can't tell.

Mutliboxing is simultaneously playing multiple accounts at once CORRECT

this is possible either via software on your PC, or software on a dedicated external device. WRONG, you can multibox with two or more accounts at the same time without 3rd party software

DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT. Wikipedia definition:

Multi-boxing
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Multi-boxing or multiboxing refers to playing as multiple separate characters concurrently in an MMORPG. This can either be achieved by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game. [1] Multiboxing is considered to be difficult to do well without practice, as it involves adapting to problems in real-time.[2]

Variations on the term are common. Often, the number of accounts used is reflected in the term used: dual-boxing or two-boxing for two characters, three-boxing for three etc. On MUDs (the predecessors of MMORPGs) multiboxing is easy to accomplish on a single machine using a MUD client, and the practice is generally called multiplaying. In 2018 The Mud Connector listed 955 MUDs of which 605 allow multiplaying.[3]

So in summary - MULTIBOXING is now against the ToS, however if you use software on an external device - they can't tell. WRONG, see above

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Mutliboxing is simultaneously playing multiple accounts at once CORRECT
    Excellent - then we are in agreement, and I'm outta here.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Actually you don't know that. When you quit your sub you are given a chance to specify why you quit. Not hard to imagine a couple thousand of those millions that quit WoW to tell them because of multi boxers. Actually it's very likely at least a couple thousands of those millions that quit did so because of boxers when they got insta gibbed from a druid boxer. Maybe it reached a critical point, the less active subs your game has the more weight a tiny fraction of quitters becomes. So if back then out of 10million subs 0,5% quit because of boxers then nowadays with half as many subs it's 1%. Getting back 1% at the expense of 0,01% of multi boxers is worth it. These numbers are made up and just there to help making my point.
    IF that had happened, the would have banned it a long time ago. That is nothing more than a made up number to confirm a bias.

The most die hard ones out there will splurge on USB multicasters, these range from 235 dollar to 500-600 dollar.
    So yeah the entry level cost has been raised significantly, but some people will burn cash to keep on trucking.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    And the whiners win....lmao I don't even multibox but the bitching from the non boxers was hilariously out of whack
    Why would you call it whining?

Good riddance. The closest thing we have to a pay-to-win mechanic in the game is disappearing. Finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck?
    I took them so many years to ban this. I guess they werent making enogh money out of it and the complains against it reduced the microtrash money.

Whilst I'm against multi boxing, you think they could have at least differentiated between someone doing 2 or 3 toons for fun vs someone doing 40 for farming/profit.
    You can still do that. Doesn't even take lots of effort.

- - - Updated - - -

No, any form of multiboxing (as in automated control of multiple accounts) is gone.

We are left now with just playing the game (as often as you want) manually.
    They outlawed 3rd party software that can let you control an absurd amount of characters. You can effortllessly control 3 characters for fun with a cheap hardware setup.

Last time I multiboxed was for leveling toons in TBC so I must be "quite" outdated so let see if I get this right or not.

There's no way to multiplex mouse inputs and , even if there were , the location of a node is different for every client ( the character vector is different) so a multiboxer druid needs to , individually , set the active window in every client and right click node.

In the end this druid multiboxer only multiplexes the /follow command at the start of the session....and that's all.

So how is this gonna end multigathering? he is just gonna press the follow macro individually on each window and that's it.

That's the problem he has with new policy.

So:

A) Multibox does not work now the way it worked 12 years ago

OR

B) How the fuck is this gonna stop multiboxers gatherers?

Good move from Blizzard. I never would have guessed. Now it's time to do something against the 24/7 boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Why would you call it whining?
    What else would you call a group of people who complain so vocally about a non-problem.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Something for the average player to celebrate.
    Aye.
    Perhaps i have been unlucky, seeing how often i encountered them, but i'm glad to see the end of them.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Last time I multiboxed was for leveling toons in TBC so I must be "quite" outdated so let see if I get this right or not.

B) How the fuck is this gonna stop multiboxers gatherers?
    The question is slightly wrong:
    It should be How is this gonna stop bot gatherers?
    People are mad at multiboxer who are real people and play the game but are not mad about bots who plays the game 24/24 with 0 effort.
    humanity.

In 2 months these people will be mad for bots if they will be there or for spending 30k golds/evening for raiding

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What else would you call a group of people who complain so vocally about a non-problem.
    What is a non-problem to you might seriously affect others. Ive had to abandon leveling toons many times because quets mob areas were absolutely overfarmed by many groups of boomkins.

Pricing in the ah is so ridiculously low, its not even worth trying to make money with gathering professions anymore. Multiboxing in the way it is done nowadays is a huge deal, and people that rightfully complain about it are not whiners.

Surprised this shitty practice made it so far before becoming illegal
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

People are still confused in this thread. Multiboxing is and has never been against the tos or bannable. It is the use of 3rd part automation software that is

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/...to-prevent-bot

Btw you can fully bot without using automation software. Their was this guy back in vanilla that full cleared 40man raids on 40 accounts without using any.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Something for the average player to celebrate.
    So average player successfully plays 1 character at a time, while multiboxer has to play several to be successful - who is more average?