Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, looks like it is the last time to try multiboxing!
    My own project - an easy and legal multiboxing software: Wow Switcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/...to-prevent-bot

Just don't use the software anymore. Still ez gold.

Thank you blizzard.
    Not the same thing. While playing more than 1 account is allowed it's now required that each account is individually controlled.

So while still an advanatge for someone with multiple accounts, it's now somewhat fair to the rest of the players because the software literally just doubled/tripled etc the character's capabilities.

Pressing 1 button to cast 10 moonfires instantly is not the same with with tabbing 10 accounts and pressing the button for each one. Same with mats gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    People like you are why Blizzard is now taking action. You're literally encouraging people to bot.
    It had been a while since I had been apart of a guild that ran a bot account to fill their bank with no action taken against the guild. I do wonder if Blizzard has started to doing so or still does the bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    It had been a while since I had been apart of a guild that ran a bot account to fill their bank with no action taken against the guild. I do wonder if Blizzard has started to doing so or still does the bare minimum.
    I dont condone botting but we recently had 5 raiders who we have had for years who got banned permanently for botting(we had no idea they where botting).

I think its safe to say that Blizzard is taking a stand against these antisocial people

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, because every multiboxer has this set-up:

Spoiler alert: They don't.
    And even if they have a set-up like this, then Blizzard will probably still detect it as "automation" and ban them.

There's a certain level of "abuse" or advantage-taking of the way that the game works that people in general are still just going to have to grin and bear for now. As long as everyone shares the same nodes at once (which I'd be curious to see if they could or would change) and those nodes linger for some amount of time after they're tapped once (which I would really rather not see changed), then multiboxing to multiply gathering speed is still going to be a thing that exists. And no matter what Blizzard does, multiboxing in general is never, ever going away. I think a lot of people understand that. It was never not a thing that people could do if they had the means.

People for the most part I think are happy that multiboxers who are toeing the line by taking advantage of the quality of life of the game's systems can no longer blatantly cross that line with programs and software that allows them to easily control an impossible number of characters for the effort of one. An annoying grey area in Blizzard's stance about multiboxing is now less grey. This is a good step.

This won't stop multiboxing, nor should it, but hopefully it'll start to cut down on the extreme and obscene levels of the behavior that multiboxing has been associated with. And ideally, it's an indication that Blizzard might one day also crack down a little harder on the viability of multibox node-farming as well. If you want to have two or more windows of WoW open at once, feel free. I just don't think that doing so should give one person the sort of advantage that it does over another one person playing the game in the normal and intended way.

Yes, I meant exactly what I said. Looking up what i need at work and ill have it set this week and ready to go for SL. Keep crying though ill enjoy my herbs.
    You make this sound like picking up multiple herbs is some form of insane fun activity and everyone is missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I dont condone botting but we recently had 5 raiders who we have had for years who got banned permanently for botting(we had no idea they where botting).

I think its safe to say that Blizzard is taking a stand against these antisocial people
    I have seen the bots get banned. The issue is with those receiving the benefits of as in mats and gold solely benefiting a guild. I also know some who stopped doing such due to being able to officially buy gold. The token thing in some part at least helped push some users of illegitimated behavior to legal usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    playing multiple accounts is allowed. "Multiboxing", as in automated synchronized actions, is not allowed. You are allowed to log in with multiple accounts and go into a raid and kill a boss that can't be solo killed because of some boss mechanic, for example. You are allowed to put chars on follow and run around with a rat's tail of characters behind you. But you are not allowed to have automated actions. And it won't matter if those automated actions are because of software or hardware automation. Blizzard mentioned software automation explicitly but they won't look into how someone did the automation to mine ores or gather herbs or kill masses of respawning mobs.
    Just think about how Blizzard treats banned players. They don't talk to banned players. They just give an automated reply and ignore you. People who want to trick the system by doing hardware automation will get banned as a false positive because they look a lot like bots or multiboxers with software automation. And nobody will care about their claims to be innocent.

People think they are so clever to have found this loophole where they still will be able to multibox. These will be the same people who run to the forums and cry about getting banned as well. Just wait and see.

It's dead. Now if you want to play 10 accounts you will have to do 10 times the effort, which is like it should be.
    If somebody can actively play multiple accounts at once without broadcasting software, then that's impressive and the rewards are deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It's dead. Now if you want to play 10 accounts you will have to do 10 times the effort, which is like it should be.
    If somebody can actively play multiple accounts at once without broadcasting software, then that's impressive and the rewards are deserved.
    Its far from dead.

You can play with macro, give time to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Incorrect. Split your keyboard and mouse into 5 (i run 5) vms. as its hardware through multiplexers its not against tos.

Incorrect. Split your keyboard and mouse into 5 (i run 5) vms. as its hardware through multiplexers its not against tos.
    Would be pretty stupid if they didnt ban the use of multiplexers along with duplicating keypress software

Don't multibox/bot on your main account... problem solved.
    Are there still bots for the current addon? Thought blizzard had completely wiped it out with the victory over honorbuddy. Sorry if I sound naive.

Blizz: *bans you for multiboxing*

You:

"I was using a hardware multiplexer"

yeah good luck with that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    playing multiple accounts is allowed. "Multiboxing", as in automated synchronized actions, is not allowed. You are allowed to log in with multiple accounts and go into a raid and kill a boss that can't be solo killed because of some boss mechanic, for example. You are allowed to put chars on follow and run around with a rat's tail of characters behind you. But you are not allowed to have automated actions. And it won't matter if those automated actions are because of software or hardware automation. Blizzard mentioned software automation explicitly but they won't look into how someone did the automation to mine ores or gather herbs or kill masses of respawning mobs.
    Just think about how Blizzard treats banned players. They don't talk to banned players. They just give an automated reply and ignore you. People who want to trick the system by doing hardware automation will get banned as a false positive because they look a lot like bots or multiboxers with software automation. And nobody will care about their claims to be innocent.

People think they are so clever to have found this loophole where they still will be able to multibox. These will be the same people who run to the forums and cry about getting banned as well. Just wait and see.
    Did you not read?

"Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use."

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Would be pretty stupid if they didnt ban the use of multiplexers along with duplicating keypress software
    That will absolutely show up as prohibited software. Even if it doesn't directly, it will still appear as though you are using prohibited software. I hope you enjoy your ban when it inevitably happens.

its amazing how many people in this thread seem to think multiboxing means you 100% use third party software. if you are logged in on more than one account at a time, you are, in fact, multiboxing. even if that second account is literally afk, that is multiboxing, which is not against the tos.

multiboxing in and of itself is not in any way shape or form against the tos. using a third party program to manipulate key presses is.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/...to-prevent-bot

Just don't use the software anymore. Still ez gold.

Thank you blizzard.
    This is correct.