Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    How exactly can they guarantee that? Can YOU guarantee that?
    you're going to cut out the explanation I gave for it to then ask me to explain it? really?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I can see where you are comimg from but you are are thinking about it wrong. The 1% chance is not additive as you have describe. It does not matter how mant times you have run it. It is 1% chance no matter what. Think of it this way. The 1% chance resets every time you do the run again.

    Your math is extremely flawed as it assumes your chance is additive between each run. It is not 1%/700 runs it is 1%/1run ×700.
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Somebody failed their math class.

    It's always 1%.
    If you go in the second week you don't have a 2% chance cuz it didnt drop the first week.
    It won't drop from 100 runs.

    This is not how probability works.
    You need some Statistics lessons, but I won't bother anymore.

    Read about geometric distributions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    It likely is 1% for the whole group. Never heard or seen any group that has seen the same mount drop in multiples in a single run.
    I agree with you.
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-11-07 at 09:15 PM.

  3. #63
    is all of Legion now Legacy?

  4. #64
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,198
    I mean if i wanna boost a shitty alt i ask my friends if they need help. If it bothers you too much you can always make your own group.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  5. #65
    Immortal Evolixe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    7,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Its the same reason most groups just took max level toons instead of low level ones to xmog and mount runs before the squish. Your dmg is so pitiful at that ilvl all you do is buff the hp of the bosses making them harder.
    Didn't they recently remove the mechanic where the boss hp was affected by the amount of players in the instance?

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You need some Statistics lessons, but I won't bother anymore.

    Read about geometric distributions.



    I agree with you.
    Alright prof, maybe you should get back behind the school desk and stop trying to make simple math an "opinion".

    You are just wrong.

    Google is your friend tho, google what a 1% drop chance means. It will do the math for ya.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Alright prof, maybe you should get back behind the school desk and stop trying to make simple math an "opinion".

    You are just wrong.

    Google is your friend tho, google what a 1% drop chance means. It will do the math for ya.
    From a freaking kids' book:

    https://imgur.com/a/TkZbnIP

    I am talking of the cummulative chance of not getting the mount several attempts in a row, not the chance to get the mount each time.
    Now do the math with 2000+ attempts at 99%(supposed chance of not getting the mount), ignorant fool.
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-11-07 at 09:53 PM.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellal View Post
    Title^^

    I have 15 alts with benthic and black empire gear mixed, ranging between 64-70 ilevel
    Ive done dozens of runs, this ilevel is completly fine for Guldan and Argus runs
    Yet a lot of people rather wait in q for 10 more minutes than invite alts like this...
    Everybody profits here, i just dont see why they have to be jerks
    I only invite people who are 100+ (Which isn't much anyway) because it's my run not yours

    Simple as that really
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellal View Post
    Title^^

    I have 15 alts with benthic and black empire gear mixed, ranging between 64-70 ilevel
    Ive done dozens of runs, this ilevel is completly fine for Guldan and Argus runs
    Yet a lot of people rather wait in q for 10 more minutes than invite alts like this...
    Everybody profits here, i just dont see why they have to be jerks

    the same reason why ilvl has been a thing since WotLK. People with higher ilvl naturally know more about the class and do better dps.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    From a freaking kids' book:

    https://imgur.com/a/TkZbnIP

    I am talking of the cummulative chance of not getting the mount several attempts in a row, not the chance to get the mount each time.
    Now do the math with 2000+ attempts at 99%(supposed chance of not getting the mount), ignorant fool.
    Congratz, you passed basic math.
    Yes, with 1% success chance there is a 99% for failure.

    Which means that your chance at failing is 0,99^X where X is your number of attempts.
    0,99^2000 is an incredibly small number but not 0.

    What you fail to understand is that you are never guaranteed to get the mount. This is a probability.
    Best you can do is estimate how many attempts it would take but there is no bad luck protection.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Congratz, you passed basic math.
    Yes, with 1% success chance there is a 99% for failure.

    Which means that your chance at failing is 0,99^X where X is your number of attempts.
    0,99^2000 is an incredibly small number but not 0.

    What you fail to understand is that you are never guaranteed to get the mount. This is a probability.
    Best you can do is estimate how many attempts it would take but there is no bad luck protection.
    Check my original post, I never claimed that mounts were guaranteed. My claim is the mount is not 1% for each person.

    I based my assumption on the fact that the stats I provided suggest a ridiculously small number (0,000000000271%). Specially when I have similar experiences from a couple of friends also farming this mount.

    It is much more likely that the 1% drop change is GROUP WIDE or it is bugged as it happened with Gul'dan.
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-11-07 at 10:18 PM.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    the same reason why ilvl has been a thing since WotLK. People with higher ilvl naturally know more about the class and do better dps.
    Do you also believe in St claus?

  13. #73
    Because they can get people with better gear.
    The same skilled player with better gear will perform better.

    The avg wow player is not very good at the game. And you can be sure that those that need 10 weeks for their +15 will require others to have uber gear and an achievement because thats the only way they could beat the content.

    It's the same for hc nyalotha. I get rejected one or two weeks after that I already outlvl the content and don't care anymore.

    If you want to be ahead of the curve you have to make your own group with friends

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Thats not even remotely true.

    The chance to hit a 1% drop in 700 runs is nit the same as the probability to hit 1% in 700 runs.
    Then you are using some cooked definition of "chance". Define it. Because mathematically, they are synonymous.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Harder? not if you're competent. you might take a minute more per boss.
    Yes harder was the wrong word. But why would i bring a guy with 60 ilvl, and make the dungeon 5 minutes longer, when i could get one with 125 and make it 5 min faster instead?

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Yes harder was the wrong word. But why would i bring a guy with 60 ilvl, and make the dungeon 5 minutes longer, when i could get one with 125 and make it 5 min faster instead?
    i don't claim to know it exactly, but i doubt those numbers. especially the correlation between ilvl and time. unless you're doing above average content, like M+10, HC raids, or comparative.

    edit: i'd rather have a player that doesn't have the gear or the experience but is willing to learn and listen to commands. thats not measurable in the LFD browser of course.

    when i had a PUG go south, it seldomly was the freshly max level dinged guy wanting to see the raid/mythic dungeon or whatever. idiots are present at any ilvl.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2020-11-07 at 10:50 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I feel like your slow.

    Takes me 10 mins to do the cloak quest

    10 mins to do the world boss

    Maybe between 30 to 35 mins to do both invasions.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not even trolling. Ive done it multiple times. Just cause you cany does not mean it is possible.
    Dude this is such a weird flex. On a freshly dinged character, you literally don't have the damage to speedrun all of that shit.

    Fuck, I hate that I have to type the next sentence because it always comes off douchey af but I mean for context, I'm a cutting edge raider and casual PvE content isn't difficult enough that anything could possibly make me slow - I know that you can't do what you're claiming because I play the same game as you.

    Even if somehow the stars aligned and every single ability crit, and you managed to cover distance impossibly quickly so you could come in under that ridiculous time limit, the gear you'd get wouldn't even be ilvl 100, let alone push your average ilvl to 100.

    What happened to you? Like why are you trying to convince everyone here that you can do something we all know literally can't be done?
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-11-07 at 11:16 PM.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    THIS SO MUCH. The amount of time that you lose every single run because of those lazy fucks spamming 123 every 15 seconds, instead of moving their lazy asses is absolutely fucking insane. I'm slightly over 500 attempts currently, and I could count on one hand the number of times where i wasn't the one who had to do all the summons, since NO ONE EVER FUCKING DOES it, everyone is waiting to be summoned, and even the people who do go to the fucking raid usually just run in instead of helping with summons. Nothing else in this game can get me as annoyed as this, just glad SL is around the corner and we will be able to solo it finally and won't have to rely on those morons T_T
    Wish 1 day just 1 that they remove portals and summoning stones and see people freak out

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    i don't claim to know it exactly, but i doubt those numbers. especially the correlation between ilvl and time. unless you're doing above average content, like M+10, HC raids, or comparative.

    edit: i'd rather have a player that doesn't have the gear or the experience but is willing to learn and listen to commands. thats not measurable in the LFD browser of course.

    when i had a PUG go south, it seldomly was the freshly max level dinged guy wanting to see the raid/mythic dungeon or whatever. idiots are present at any ilvl.
    Depends. A really undergeared dps can cost you 20% overall dmg, meaning you will be a bit less than 20% slower (if he doesn't die). But that is not the point.

    But how does willing to learn help you get a +1 on your key? Having better geared people just increases the chances of success. And let's be fair. A person not being able to do a +10 key or a heroic raid is many things, but willing to learn is none of those things (in general, maybe there are a few, but it would literally take you 10 minutes to inform yourself about a +10 dungeon and maybe 30 minutes to inform yourself about the raid.)

    Your last argument is also quite odd. The person who puts more time into the game, is more emotionally attached to it, and to his success in this specific activity? Shocker.

    Saying lower ilvl players are better, is just no true in general, while exceptions obviously exist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Easy.

    Once you hit 50. Do your cloak quest (takes less than 10 minutes) thats a big ilvl jump alone.

    Do both invasions you are garuanteed at least 3 items for doing them the first time.

    Kill the world bosd (not guanteed but will up your ilvl if it drops.

    The rest use tokens from nvasions. Just kill rares. Enough people in the zones that you can get the tag and let them kill it.

    Ive done this in 7 alts. They were all ilvl 100 with an hour ready to raid normal.

    Anyine whi uses benthic gear for ilvl

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thats not even remotely true.

    The chance to hit a 1% drop in 700 runs is nit the same as the probability to hit 1% in 700 runs.
    WTF? Cloak questline takes less than 10 minutes? This is just untrue.
    You are just delusional.


    What does your last sentence even mean. The guy you quotes obviously correct.

  20. #80
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    is all of Legion now Legacy?
    Yes, has been since summer.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •