How are you building your raid team?

We're almost a month away from the raid launching, with a lot of new power balancing that has come into play. My time on the beta was very limited, but I wanted to see what people's general plans / philosophies going into SL regarding raid composition, for heroic raiding.

What kinds of tanks?

Healer to DPS ratios?

Melee vs Ranged?

Class stacking vs limiting?

My guild is about to create our roster - wanted to see what other teams might be doing as well.

Cheers,
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Bring the player not the class.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What kinds of tanks?
    The two that always show up

Healer to DPS ratios?
    We let the boss punch the tank's face, if it hurts too much Bobjoe switches to healz

Melee vs Ranged?
    It varies with the moon's stages

Must have a class, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Astartes View Post
    for heroic raiding.
    Take the players who show up every raid day.

You need 2 tanks of whatever class they like playing the most. As a rough estimate 1 healer per 5 players. If healing is a problem increase.

Melee vs Ranged, I'd say have at least 2 of each just so some mechanics that need either are covered. On heroic it doesn't really matter that much, my friends&family raid is melee heavy since forever and we do just fine.

Class stacking vs limiting: let everyone play whatever class they like most. People play better when they like it and again on heroic it doesn't matter.

For heroic?

People who are motivated, have a minimum of skill, patience and have the minimal ability to follow instructions.
    Anyone who fulfils the above demands is more than good enough for heroic, some might even say for many mythic bosses.

What class they play is completely irrelevant to the above factors.

For heroic? I think our primary requirement is for the people to have a pulse and show up reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    For heroic? I think our primary requirement is for the people to have a pulse and show up reliably.
    have a pulse? You are lifeist!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Seems most shadowlands first tier raid encounters favor ranged

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    using lego blocks, of course

attendance is always the biggest problem.

How can attendance be a problem for the first tier of a new expansion?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    our primary requirement is for the people to have a pulse
    Requiring a pulse in the shadowlands seems very elitist.

Serious question - is anyone else considering not raiding at all and using the time to do all of the other content? I barely get done with everything I want to do, and I have no idea where to put raiding. I didn't even do a single mythic yet since there's so much else to do.

Tricky question, we WoW people are always looking at what class we’ll be the best DPS thinking that picking this we’ll make us top DPS.

In reality this is a concern only if you go in mythic raiding the first week for a world record. For us mere mortal it has really no incidence because for 80% of the players we can’t make 100% out of our class. So what you want to focus on is player that we’ll carry you and your guild. Bring people that we’ll stay in your guild, that bring with them a good mentality. Then you shuffle your roster so you have a decent composition, and complete with 1 or 2 PUG

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have to build one. The one that I am currently on is from a community the leader of which put together. She'd been creating raid groups all through BfA and now starting up in SL. Over time it became a pretty set group. Looking at the roster, 18 have returned for SL.

Oh, and its mainly comprised of people that just got along in the community and during raiding/mythic+/pvp/etc. Far from a min/max group.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    We're almost a month away from the raid launching, with a lot of new power balancing that has come into play. My time on the beta was very limited, but I wanted to see what people's general plans / philosophies going into SL regarding raid composition, for heroic raiding.

What kinds of tanks?

Healer to DPS ratios?

Melee vs Ranged?

My guild is about to create our roster - wanted to see what other teams might be doing as well.

Cheers,
    We ask everyone what they want to play and fill up with what we need. If many people want to play range we tell them they can but they have to live with a rotation.
    Until now we never had to. Always sorted itself out.