Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    Get with the times, digital download only. Disc-less gaming is so good. Also, I'm calling from 2010.
    I'm with Video Games on this one, I rather own the games I buy so I go physical. My PS and Switch games are two of my biggest collections. Doesn't mean I will pass up a good digital sale but 9 times out 10 Ill buy physical.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i asked how far someone needs to travel to find a vendor
    As far as using Amazon, Play-Asia and the many other sites that sell physical media.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    People are probably stressed about it cause we know soon enough theres a new next-gen console released not that far off. Atleast thats been the trend over the years. So naturally, when people invest lots of money into a console, they want games for it.

    With this pace we can go and buy the next gen xbox before many big games are out!
    What the hell are you talking about lol, the previous 2 gens both lasted over 7 years.

  3. #303
    I have gamepass ultimate. My problems with the service are more theoretical in nature. The fact that it is unsustainable imo, is my biggest issue. Currently we are in the wild west of this idea. Things are cheap and everyone only has one outlet or two. Huge costly AAA games are still being made, and it is a bonus for consumers to get them on gamepass. However, those games weren't gamepass games, they were traditional games started years ago. They weren't aiming for gamepass. I'm worried what games that are starting today, that are aimed at gamepass and similar services, will look like. I believe they will look like Grounded and not Fallout New Vegas.

    However, that's theory. That isn't directly reviewing the value I am getting for my money, which will be temporary, as competition moves in value will go down, prices will go up, and even Netflix will no longer be the netflix of streaming anymore, as competition saturates the market and removes "gamepass" games from gamepass to distribute them to the next gamepass competitor.

    As for now, in the wild west days of gamepass, not subscribing with an Xbox is a hard thing. You have to buy gold anyway, so why not go ahead and set yourself up for all these day 1 traditional games for "free".

    Gamepass won't stay this good, forever, unfortunately, and I do worry about what kind of games it may spawn through marketing optimization or even incentivization. I don't want gaming to be a world where a game that is E for Everyone is arbitrarily almost guaranteed to out-revenue(notice I didn't say outsell) a M rated core experience. Nothing Gold Can Stay.

    Nothing Gold Can Stay
    Robert Frost - 1874-1963
    https://poets.org/poem/nothing-gold-can-stay

    Nature’s first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf’s a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.


    So yeah, gamepass can't last forever(in its current dominant state over the service it pioneered, maybe invented, but certainly can't copyright, a service benefiting from the traditional model that existed before it, a service that has not caught up with itself yet, where games have not completed the first lap, nor competitors their first entry, so we can see what changes this will bring), and competitors will miss out on the wild west days and never quite be as valuable....but yeah, I can't predict the future, just guessing.

    So besides the above, my biggest problem with xbox is that they can't deliver on AAA games. They have been promising to just wait since Crackdown 3. I should have never fallen for it again, but imo, they need a 2022 game.

    Avowed, Contraband, or Hellblade 2, one of those will need to release this year, or Xbox is self-sabotaging their own platform. You might think it ain't important, I disagree.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-19 at 08:43 PM.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    Get with the times, digital download only. Disc-less gaming is so good. Also, I'm calling from 2010.
    what about the people who cant get access to decent internet?
    ever think about that one?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    what about the people who cant get access to decent internet?
    ever think about that one?
    Even though it doesn't personally effect me currently this is one thing about this gen from MS that irks the shit out of me. If you buy a PS5 or Switch game 8/10 or even 9/10 you are getting a complete game install, it might not have patches or dlc but it is a playable version of the game that will work forever regardless of if you have internet or not.

    With MS that's not the case because their "smart delivery" excuse me I mean "dumb as fuck delivery" means there is only 1 boxed game on the shelf and it only contains partial installs and makes you download the rest. Hell you can't even setup a Series X without connecting to the internet unlike a PS5 or Switch that simply work right out of the box. Their shit is literally a brick without the internet and it really doesn't have to be this way.

  6. #306
    The internet complaint always makes me laugh because the people who complain about it obviously have the internet and are just assuming that there is some poor soul out there with no internet who can't play a video game that requires it.

    Personally I think if you have no internet you probably have more important problems to deal with.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The internet complaint always makes me laugh because the people who complain about it obviously have the internet and are just assuming that there is some poor soul out there with no internet who can't play a video game that requires it.

    Personally I think if you have no internet you probably have more important problems to deal with.
    Or you know, people just actually want to be able to play their consoles and games long after the servers have been shut off. Imagine being delusional enough to think Series will be supported online forever and you will be able to plug and play it 30 years from now as you can a SNES or any other console no matter how old it is.

    The OG Xbox, 360, PS3, PS4, PS5, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, Switch where all systems designed with online in mind and yet on all of these systems they will work without internet, and work forever as long as you maintain proper maintenance on them to fix any issues. This problem only applies to Xbox One, Xbox Series X as far as consoles that play physical media and should be usable offline.

    It's not people's fault you can't even think out of your own box to know why people complain about this, and there is more then one reason there are plenty of reasons its bad.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-05-20 at 12:40 PM.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The internet complaint always makes me laugh because the people who complain about it obviously have the internet and are just assuming that there is some poor soul out there with no internet who can't play a video game that requires it.

    Personally I think if you have no internet you probably have more important problems to deal with.
    Thing is, I live in the southern us, and a rural area, and our internet is very spotty. I basically have 3 options. Starlink, which I bought, but which still has some tree blockages which I am working on. My c-spire wireless cell phone service, that I bounce off of, that is usually about 1Mbps down, and my 3rd interent is a wireless ISP. I built a 90 foot tower with guy wires and actually redistribute that internet to folks around me. I get 10 Mbps, lower during primetime, and 1 up.

    It is NOT ideal for full 100% coverage. Elden Ring will kick me offline on PS5 maybe once an hour on any one of the above connections, because they all bounce.

    People that live in town don't realize the struggle. Hoping for electric co-op to put in fiber soon, it's only been my entire life without decent internet where I live. I've went though both hughesnet phases, cell signal antennas, and a T1 business line that I paid 350 a month for(plus a POTS line), for several years, but I've never had better internet than I have now.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-20 at 01:54 PM.

  9. #309
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The internet complaint always makes me laugh because the people who complain about it obviously have the internet and are just assuming that there is some poor soul out there with no internet who can't play a video game that requires it.

    Personally I think if you have no internet you probably have more important problems to deal with.
    The military switched from 360s to ps4 and was btfo'd as a result. Make sure you understand the real world and the people who live in it

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The military switched from 360s to ps4 and was btfo'd as a result. Make sure you understand the real world and the people who live in it
    If a problem only exists in very specific scenarios it's not much of a problem. I imagine most people don't face the same issues the military might.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    If a problem only exists in very specific scenarios it's not much of a problem. I imagine most people don't face the same issues the military might.
    If an easily fixable problem exists it should be fixed. Not sure how you're struggling to comprehend this, if it effects anyone at all and its fixable then why does it exist in the first place?

    Don't require an internet connection to setup console and provide complete game installs on a physical release like both of their competitors do. This isn't complicated and there is no reason for it outside of them wanting to enforce DRM on physical releases and using the console in general.

  12. #312
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    If a problem only exists in very specific scenarios it's not much of a problem. I imagine most people don't face the same issues the military might.
    Ps4 outsold xbone 2:1 freindo. Maybe its not as uncommon as you think.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ps4 outsold xbone 2:1 freindo. Maybe its not as uncommon as you think.
    Yeah cause xbox had a very crappy presentation when introducing the Xbox One and not many appealing reasons to invest in one. I sincerely doubt the requirement of internet was a deciding factor for most people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If an easily fixable problem exists it should be fixed. Not sure how you're struggling to comprehend this, if it effects anyone at all and its fixable then why does it exist in the first place?

    Don't require an internet connection to setup console and provide complete game installs on a physical release like both of their competitors do. This isn't complicated and there is no reason for it outside of them wanting to enforce DRM on physical releases and using the console in general.
    But ps4 games often won't correctly without the day 1 patch. Sure you can technically play them but only the absolute worst version. Imagine trying to play cyberpunk without downloading the updates first.

  14. #314
    https://wccftech.com/fable-progress-...rience-frugal/

    Don't know how I missed that one. Anyway, my comment would be this reminds me of The Initiative, 343, and their general philosophy lately. Maybe they should have let Obsidian make Fable, and then Playground could have done Grounded?

    I honestly don't know. The development pipeline has been really difficult for MS to nail down these last gens, it seems.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    https://wccftech.com/fable-progress-...rience-frugal/

    Don't know how I missed that one. Anyway, my comment would be this reminds me of The Initiative, 343, and their general philosophy lately. Maybe they should have let Obsidian make Fable, and then Playground could have done Grounded?

    I honestly don't know. The development pipeline has been really difficult for MS to nail down these last gens, it seems.
    Wait...why on earth would they give Fable to the damned Forza developers? To your point, they own Obsidian and other RPG focused developers now but...gave it to the team that makes banger racing games?

    I continue to wonder why Phil Spencer gets paid so much to run the Xbox division poorly. If it wasn't for Game Pass carrying the division on its backs he'd probably be going the way of Don Matrick, even with his much more likeable personality.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    https://wccftech.com/fable-progress-...rience-frugal/

    Don't know how I missed that one. Anyway, my comment would be this reminds me of The Initiative, 343, and their general philosophy lately. Maybe they should have let Obsidian make Fable, and then Playground could have done Grounded?

    I honestly don't know. The development pipeline has been really difficult for MS to nail down these last gens, it seems.
    Giving Fable to Playground is a extremally dumb choice. I don't expect this game to see the light of day.

    if Phil/MS is being hands off with these studio's that really does need to change because their pipeline is non-existent.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...why on earth would they give Fable to the damned Forza developers? To your point, they own Obsidian and other RPG focused developers now but...gave it to the team that makes banger racing games?

    I continue to wonder why Phil Spencer gets paid so much to run the Xbox division poorly. If it wasn't for Game Pass carrying the division on its backs he'd probably be going the way of Don Matrick, even with his much more likeable personality.
    Eh, they gave it to the Forza Horizon guys to be specific, not the Forza Motorsport guys. Horizon devs have proven to be good at making open world arcadey action which is a better fit for Fable than the boring and bland gameplay styles of Obsidian or Bethesda RPGs which are focused more on branching narratives than being a goofy world with fun gameplay which was what Fable was.

    This is one of the few first party moves I agree with Phil on and think was the right move. Well, Ninja Theory would of been preferred but obviously they have to milk hellblade instead even tho that IP is terribly boring to me.

  18. #318
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    I still think they should buy sega. Not like sega games could get any worse and might guve atlus more funding

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still think they should buy sega. Not like sega games could get any worse and might guve atlus more funding
    I don't see how it would help them much, they're better off money hatting day 1 gamepass games from Sega then out right buying them, not to mention Japan probably won't let MS buy them to begin with unless the company was struggling and needed a buyout. Also they ain't buying shit until they close on the Activision deal anyways, and probably not for some time after that. Maybe like some tiny studio, but not an entire publisher.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-05-31 at 08:40 PM.

  20. #320
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't see how it would help them much, they're better off money hatting day 1 gamepass games from Sega then out right buying them, not to mention Japan probably won't let MS buy them to begin with unless the company was struggling and needed a buyout.
    It would help because they might actually be able to put out some games :^)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •