Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Keep what away from children?normal human interactions?
    What word of "it's the law" you don't understand?

BTW, according to comments at https://wowhead.com/news=318898/, including censored ones, it doesn't sit well with people all around the world.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    What word of "it's the law" you don't understand?

BTW, according to comments at https://wowhead.com/news=318898/, including censored ones, it doesn't sit well with people all around the world.
    I get that its the law and blizz has to comply,thats not what i was arguing about,also...the argument from popularity is a really bad one,you would have been pro slavery and against interacial relationships a few years ago also champ

Guess what: I don't care. Do what you want at home or among grown ups. Keep it away from children. And since overwhelming majority here agree to that - you get this stated as law. That's called "democracy".
    Wait, did you really just point at Russia and call it a democracy like it's some sort of democracy role model? You are funny.

He of She are not the smartest people. From what I have read in their posts. They are rascist, sexis, homophobic pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    There is nothing in his character that says he is NOT bi. If he would have said that you would again say it was pushy and obnoxious. "why do gay poeple always have to be so on the nose", character is not on the nose, "why do they take established characters"
    Characters are always straight in our minds unless explicitly stated otherwise.
    Shaw never had ANY romantic inclination whatsoever. He was a blank sheet. Not even his conversation with valeera, where i am sure they allready knew what they are going to do.

And of course Blizz says it. It is something that not everyday happens in this community as gamers are notoriously sensible to stuff that is not cookiecutter.
    There is nothing in literally any character in wow that would explicitly state they are "not bi".
    That doesn't mean you can just say that Garrosh was a closeted gay orc all this time.

This argument is literally the "I put my hamster in the microwave because it didn't say I cannot put hamsters in it".
    It's not like we need to label NPC's based on this, there are very few romantic plot-lines in WoW and all of those are typical fantasy tropes.
    And it should stay that way.

The reason you don't see this in-game is because they came up with this now.
    As I said, you can go and play Tiragarde right now and see Flynn was not made to be gay or bi. He was made to be Jack Sparrow.
    Shaw never had any romantic sub-plot because that does not matter. This is a fantasy and he is the leader of the SI:7. That's what matters.

Can you imagine how out of place it would be to have Eitrigg announced as gay all of the sudden and have a novel revolve around that?
    That's what I'm talking about.

Good for them because that short story is bad.

That gay relationship is forced and shouldn't even be added.
    Inb4 "you are bigot you homophobe!!! >;,- (((" - it just feels like they have written it only because of that gay couple. It gives nothing to the story. It's boring, stupid and monotonous. The 2 last books are the same(I mean - pretty much useless), Before the Storm and Shadows Rising, they're just BAD. They could be easily converted into 2 short stories.

The actions are happening once per 100 page and it's so slow that I almost puked a few times during the reading. I wanted to read about a fantasy, dragons, magics, not stupid internal dialogues from Thrall that add nothing new to the WoW lore. Same goes with Jaina and Alleria, their opinions about each other could have been summarized in 2 pages, not 50.
    The quality of WoW books went down like hell. I mean it wasn't always high, especially with R. Knaak(but I must say his newer books are FINE and he has progressed), but at least you knew you were reading a fantasy book... Not some retarded fanfics, that only focus on the feelings of the characters and their intercations(that actually add NOTHING, because you always knew that Thrall is still sad about Grommash, Jaina wants to keep up the alliance with the Horde because Go'el is her friend and Anduin still isn't competitive king).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    There is nothing in literally any character in wow that would explicitly state they are "not bi".
    That doesn't mean you can just say that Garrosh was a closeted gay orc all this time.

This argument is literally the "I put my hamster in the microwave because it didn't say I cannot put hamsters in it".
    It's not like we need to label NPC's based on this, there are very few romantic plot-lines in WoW and all of those are typical fantasy tropes.
    And it should stay that way.

The reason you don't see this in-game is because they came up with this now.
    As I said, you can go and play Tiragarde right now and see Flynn was not made to be gay or bi. He was made to be Jack Sparrow.
    Shaw never had any romantic sub-plot because that does not matter. This is a fantasy and he is the leader of the SI:7. That's what matters.

Can you imagine how out of place it would be to have Eitrigg announced as gay all of the sudden and have a novel revolve around that?
    That's what I'm talking about.
    You could totally make garrosh or any other unlabelled character gay as there is literally nothing painting them either way.

It wouldn’t be unreasonable for some one who is to busy for close personal relationships like that to not show one way or another even thrall only started a relationship after he stopped being warchief.

I get that its the law and blizz has to comply,thats not what i was arguing about,also...the argument from popularity is a really bad one,you would have been pro slavery and against interacial relationships a few years ago also champ
    Nah, sorry. "champ" is from USSR, so he can only laugh at Western attempt of such statement. You have to brush up your knowledge on our history. We always condemned USA and other imperialist countries on their treatment of the non-white and any kind of schoolbook you'll find will have a hard and clear stance that any kind of racism is bad. As for interracial marriage, check numbers on 3rd page from top in this PDF http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~g...%20psa2006.pdf and compare our 80ies with American data even for 2020. Keep in mind that if not for non-Caucasian traditional Muslim custom in some of republics, it would be even higher: i.e. it is not ethnic Russians, who hold this number "low" as it is. Until "holy 90ies" I didn't even think about "nationality" - I knew "this Soviet guy who's dark from all the Georgian sun" or "this Soviet guy who's from near of Mongolian steppes, so naturally his eyes are adjusted to them". And even with all the shit that happened in that decade (and that you probably won't find in Western textbooks or newspapers), inter-ethnic marriage is still on the rise here.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Putin is NOT stupid,he knows this,but hes smart so he knows how to apeal to his base
    You're giving him too much credit. Putin is definitely not stupid, he wouldn't have survived this long if he were, but he's also a product of Soviet times so he's pretty backwards when it comes to many things.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Wait, did you really just point at Russia and call it a democracy like it's some sort of democracy role model? You are funny.
    Yes I did. It so fun to always see people who condemn others as hateful, yet vehemently deny Russia any kind of good traits.

Yes I did. It so fun to always see people who condemn others as hateful, yet vehemently deny Russia any kind of good traits.
    It's not denying any good traits if someone says that russia is not very democratic.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Im so sick and tired of these stories from Blizz, its all just fanservice. It doesn't further the story at all with all these side love stories. Its so uneccessary and making characters gay just for «flavour» is disgusting. We don't need to know characters sexual orientation ffs or what they do and who they do it with. Unless it has anything actually to do with the story, I don't think it should be put out. Put it on a fan service site instead, its just another cliche. I really dislike these new writers for Blizz, not only cause of this but the story doesn't even feel like Warcraft anymore. Its all a fucking mess. Im sure someone will call me homophobic, go for it.
    To be honest, the entire product as it has been developed for some time is largely fanservice, this shouldn't surprise you.

And flavour? Well flavour is what you want, it's nothing to sneer at, making some characters gay occasionally for flavour is not a bad thing, unless that's to the flavour you like or appreciate.

Sure Hollywood has gone ridiculous with the woke thing, that's true, that however doesn't mean, that black characters or gay characters either showing up in older IPs and titles is pandering to that or is a bad thing, because well, these people exist and they make humanity varied which can be interesting.

I always applaud when blizzard diversifies races, makes them more nuanced, and complex, it makes it more interesting and life like, so they get a plus for flavour but a minus for any pandering. However I'm not sure this can qualify as pandering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    I find the "relationship" between Shaw and Flynn absurd. Flynn was a great character in BFA and his quest lines were a ton of fun, and everything in them pointed to his desires being... not Shaw.
    It seemed to me like he and taelia had the more romantic dynamic.

As for Shaw, I believe he and either valeera or wyrmbane would be a far more plausible couple, seeing as they... you know, actually take time to interact in-game. And if they still wanted a gay couple, like I said... he and wyrmbane would have made complete story sense.

As for the Russia of it all... it seems quite unfortunate. From the sound of how other posters here have discussed Russia’s “issues” with such things (with specific references to preventing children from being “exposed” to it,) it seems like they’re doing what the US tried to do in the 1950s... paint it as “sexual and immoral,” rather than... you know, two people who want to be together.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Define your vision of "democratic" then. Majority prefers some development -> majority votes -> government abides. That's how it works here. Sounds pretty close to definition of "democracy" from dictionary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread has gone off the rails at speed, and doesn't seem to be reversing course anytime soon. It is now closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead