Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The "META" in 5mans is pretty stupid sometimes

So I went to an Underrot and the third boss has that mechanic that the cone damage of the boss has to break some mushrooms and I figured out that as a tank if you are not immediately in front of them but even further front the cone becomes obviously bigger since it's a ...cone and it's proven by the fact 2 big batches can break at once that way succesfully so it's pretty optimal that way.

Now after the rest of the group failed to soak the rest of the mushrooms they blamed me because in their mind the tank has to do the mushrooms (and seeing the tank in the middle of the room looked wrong to them) but they can also help with a debuff but they did nothing.

So not only they failed they even blame others because in their mind the "META" was not followed perfectly and they found an excuse to shed responsibility (I know in similar mechanics a tank can soak with CDs to overcome failure but that's still their failure)
    Last edited by epigramx; 2020-11-06 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    So I went to an Underrot and the third boss has that mechanic that the cone damage of the boss has to break some mushrooms and I figured out that as a tank if you are not immediately in front of them but even further front the cone becomes obviously bigger since it's a ...cone and it's proven by the fact 2 big batches can break at once that way succesfully so it's pretty optimal that way.

Now after the rest of the group failed to soak the rest of the mushrooms they blamed me because in their mind the tank has to do the mushrooms (and seeing the tank in the middle of the room looked wrong to them) but they can also help with a debuff but they did nothing.

So not only they failed they even blame others because in their mind the "META" was not followed perfectly and they found an excuse to shed responsibility (I know in similar mechanics a tank can soak with CDs to overcome failure but that's still their failure)
    I mean, it is the tanks job. You use the cone to break them, and then you run out and tag a bunch of them with your body and hit a cooldown. DPS should be using upheaval, for sure, but it's mostly the tanks job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

15+ Year Old Account
    Just leave the group and form a different one since you're the tank. Don't put up with people's bullshit, even if you're in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I mean, it is the tanks job.
    Nope. The DPSes (not sure if also healer) should break the rest with the debuff. The tank's responsibility is to only break about half of them with the cone of the boss (and I clearly did it optimally since I was clearing almost two batches at once).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2020-11-06 at 01:04 AM.

I’ve been doing this wrong on my WW....I roll through a few and pop my dispell then wait to do it again

Also bubble on my pally and cheat it on my rogue....why don’t dps just do them all?? Honestly relying on pugs to do mechanics is like hoping invincible drops
    Last edited by razorpax; 2020-11-06 at 01:09 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon dude, you know damn well that meta-tards are stupid here and in most other games. People think that their concept of the meta (independently of it being the actual meta or not) is the only valid way to play and bitch if you don't read their mind.

Next time just tell them that they don't pay your sub and find another group. You'r a skilled tank, it will be easier than reading bad pug's minds.

Does you wake up every day just to start multiple whine threads on MMO-Champ? Honestly, it's ridiculous. You seem to spend more time complaining than actually playing the game.

or you could learn how to do it and stop crying

Every time I've done that boss, DPS handled at least some of them. I don't know why ranged wouldn't, and assuming you're not pushing +20s, melee can probably take the DPS loss to hit some too.

If you are going to do something off meta that the rest of the group may not be familiar with, you should communicate that with them. Especially if you know you are doing something counter to what others do.

Oh look another bitch thread. Have you hit your quota for the day yet?

The worst groups are the ones with a 'leader' who does 'something different', doesnt explain it whatsoever and then complains when everyone else doesnt get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    If you are going to do something off meta that the rest of the group may not be familiar with, you should communicate that with them. Especially if you know you are doing something counter to what others do.
    Counter to destroy EVEN MORE mushrooms? Those people were narcissistic idiots. The tank did an even better job than they wanted and they failed to do their job with their debuf (or CDs can be used by anyone in the group but it's not necessary).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    The worst groups are the ones with a 'leader' who does 'something different', doesnt explain it whatsoever and then complains when everyone else doesnt get it.
    The "difference" was the tank destroyed EVEN MORE mushrooms than usual. They failed to do their job with the debuff. They found an excuse to hide their failure under the carpet.

SNIP
    You must be new to wow - its set in stone - if there is a wipe, fault falls in the following order:

- Tank
    - Hunter
    - Tank
    - Rogue
    - Tank
    - DemonHunter
    - Tank

Now, the only possible eventuality where it was the healers fault is when the healer volunteers' their admission of guild, unprompted, before the wipe is even complete - even then, its worth confirming with the tank that all their defensives were on cd, they used a pot/hs, and there was nothing they could possibly have done differently to avoid the wipe. If the tank is confirmed to not be at fault, then we ask why the boomkin/ret/ww/enh/ele/feral didnt offheal to avoid the wipe.

Now, if extra packs are pulled by someone other than the tank, the order goes:

- Hunter
    - Hunter
    - Hunter
    - Spriest
    - Warlock
    - Hunter

dl;dr it was probably the tanks fault, because thats what the LAWS of wow dictate.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-11-06 at 02:19 AM.

People who just parrot meta in general are stupid and not worth time. Meta isn't the be-all, end-all.

Nope. The DPSes (not sure if also healer) should break the rest with the debuff. The tank's responsibility is to only break about half of them with the cone of the boss (and I clearly did it optimally since I was clearing almost two batches at once).
    Its the tanks job to minimise dmg to everyone else and on that boss its you job to handle all mushrooms bar a few ones from upheaval, its not as tanks have much else to do so its your jobs to pop as many mushrooms as possible.

Simple fact is its the tanks job to deal with most of the mushrooms if not all that remain before they get popped, if there is still some up its your fault, upheavel can only deal with some of them.

Most of the good players just do whats needed and extra and dont complain about it, if im tanking and someone pulls extra i just pick them up, if everyone dies from not doing stuff properly i will attempt to finish it.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-11-06 at 02:48 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The "difference" was the tank destroyed EVEN MORE mushrooms than usual. They failed to do their job with the debuff. They found an excuse to hide their failure under the carpet.
    the difference is irrelevant.

You did something different, the group then wiped.
    It doesnt matter that what you did was technically better. The grouped wiped, so the first thing to look at is 'what is different compared to the times it worked'.

Better doesnt matter if the group doesnt understand. Its not just you vs the dungeon. Its the Group vs the dungeon.

This isn't meta.

This is optimising group dps by leaving the dps to more freely dps the boss when you as a tank are doing nothing.

This is called doing the boss properly.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its the tanks job to minimise dmg to everyone else and on that boss its you job to handle all mushrooms bar a few ones from upheaval, its not as tanks have much else to do so its your jobs to pop as many mushrooms as possible.

Simple fact is its the tanks job to deal with most of the mushrooms if not all that remain before they get popped, if there is still some up its your fault, upheavel can only deal with some of them.

Most of the good players just do whats needed and extra and dont complain about it, if im tanking and someone pulls extra i just pick them up, if everyone dies from not doing stuff properly i will attempt to finish it.
    Everyone should be helping with mushrooms.

The frontal cone can't get all of them, nor can upheaval. Together you can get almost all of them, and if there's any spare ones anyone who can dispel disease can and should run through them, or immune through them if needed.

It's not one particular roles job, by the time you enter the dungeon you know what the toolkit is at hand for classes.

If you have like, a druid/shaman healer, you know they won't be able to dispel so it will be rougher unless you have a dps/tank who can. It all depends.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its the tanks job to minimise dmg to everyone else and on that boss its you job to handle all mushrooms bar a few ones from upheaval
    Simple fact is its the tanks job to deal with most of the mushrooms if not all
    Couldnt disagree more - tank will get SOME, as many as possible, but it absolutely is others job to get them. What makes you think its the tanks job and only the tanks job? Where did you come up with this theory?

Ill ask you this - why WOULDNT dps help?