3+ Year Old Account

Can't pay for Premium?

I've been trying to use a Pre-paid Credit card to pay for an Uncommon subscription, but I keep getting a message that says
    'Something went wrong. Please contact us for assistance'.

Is there a problem on my end, or is this just not working?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I took a look for you, the payment method you are using is being declined. Same problem back in October when you gave it a try.

The [51] Decline code error means that there are insufficient funds in your credit card to process the payment

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I took a look for you, the payment method you are using is being declined. Same problem back in October when you gave it a try.
    Oh, does this mean that there's no enough money on the cards I used? Would buying a new one (and not using it to buy something ) work?

I think that is the case. It was attempting to submit a charge for the correct amounts, but sometimes pre-paid card vendors have weird restrictions on how cards are used, so I'm not 100% sure.

Does the pre-paid card maybe have anything in the terms of service or terms of use saying that it cannot be used for recurring payments?

I think that is the case. It was attempting to submit a charge for the correct amounts, but sometimes pre-paid card vendors have weird restrictions on how cards are used, so I'm not 100% sure.

One issue I've faced with international payments is when the charger alters their name/ID/location/address etc - it breaks the payment.

Has there been any change in any of the merchant information for MMO-C in the last year or so ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Does the pre-paid card maybe have anything in the terms of service or terms of use saying that it cannot be used for recurring payments?

It might, because I used one to pay a Yearly subscription for a website. Hmm.. maybe that's what I need to do here?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I just tried to buy the Uncommon Yearly plan, and it still gave me the same message

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    It might, because I used one to pay a Yearly subscription for a website. Hmm.. maybe that's what I need to do here?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I just tried to buy the Uncommon Yearly plan, and it still gave me the same message
    Yeah, it might just be restrictions with that card type. Could you try with Paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    One issue I've faced with international payments is when the charger alters their name/ID/location/address etc - it breaks the payment.

Has there been any change in any of the merchant information for MMO-C in the last year or so ?
    Nope, no changes there.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it might just be restrictions with that card type. Could you try with Paypal?
    I don't think Paypal works with the type of card I have (Canadian Debit) unfortunately. I'll have to ask my bank if I can get a Visa, since those are supposed to work with Paypal

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Paypal works with the type of card I have (Canadian Debit) unfortunately. I'll have to ask my bank if I can get a Visa, since those are supposed to work with Paypal
    if you get a card from your bank that itself will probably work.

Are you sure the card has enough money on it. Does the card require you to keep a minimum amount on it?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    if you get a card from your bank that itself will probably work.

Are you sure the card has enough money on it. Does the card require you to keep a minimum amount on it?
    Yes, the card is brand new, and has 200$ CAD on it. I think I can maybe try and get Paypal to work somehow if I use a different type of card. Also, apparently Interac (which is what my Debit card is) works the same as Visa. So, I might be able to do it this way

15+ Year Old Account
    If you verify your paypay account you can connect your Canadian bank account to it and it just takes the money from your account. I do that with TD bank for years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal experience: Recurring auto-payments--even once/12 months--are sometimes restricted for cards that are coded as debit cards. I suppose that's based on whatever mega-company is handling that end of the transaction. I don't have any 'credit' cards as such that I use for online transactions, only bank-issued debit cards, and I run into this every once in a while.

To be clear, I'm not saying that this is what's happening here but it's one reason why cards occasionally get rejected, even when there's enough balance on them to pay for some transaction.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-11-18 at 05:18 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Personal experience: Recurring auto-payments--even once/12 months--are sometimes restricted for cards that are coded as debit cards. I suppose that's based on whatever mega-company is handling that end of the transaction. I don't have any 'credit' cards as such that I use for online transactions, only bank-issued debit cards, and I run into this every once in a while.

To be clear, I'm not saying that this is what's happening here but it's one reason why cards occasionally get rejected, even when there's enough balance on them to pay for some transaction.
    Curious if you are from the EU or somewhere else. I've not ever had an issue with my bank/debit card(in the US). In fact I've been able to buy cannabis seeds online (I live in a legal state so suck it)with it when most seed banks say they don't work.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Curious if you are from the EU or somewhere else.
    USA. As I said, it's a rare thing but it's happened a couple of times with accounts that want to put you on autopay.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I've been trying to use a Pre-paid Credit card to pay for an Uncommon subscription, but I keep getting a message that says
    'Something went wrong. Please contact us for assistance'.

Is there a problem on my end, or is this just not working?
    I have the same problem with my pre-paid credit card. Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob181 View Post
    I have the same problem with my pre-paid credit card. Can anyone help me?
    Have you tried contacting the credit card provider to ask if they can tell you what is going on?