Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "40% difference"
    "I don't believe you"
    "Big dramatic shpeal"

    Yeah that is sorta the point.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They have been constantly speaking about classes and specs. Like literally constantly, of course some might feel left out but it's usually cause blizz just saw them as already in a good place and didn't want to mess with it. Just because your spec did not get the most attention ever does not mean it got no attention at all.
    Are you one of those people who refuse to do any kind of theory crafting then simply handwave away what you don't want to hear or do you have some proof that they managed to semi balance the new systems?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    They had a lot of dialogue sadly most of it was telling highend players how they wanted to design their game with weird "trust us bro we got this" when all the errors in their logic were pointed out about covenants at least in the pve feedback forums. I heard the pvp was mostly people screaming at devs to fix the one shotting issues plaguing arena.
    Opinions are not facts. Those players being of the opinion that it doesn't work doesn't make it fact.

  3. #23
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Are you one of those people who refuse to do any kind of theory crafting then simply handwave away what you don't want to hear or do you have some proof that they managed to semi balance the new systems?
    ... You were asked for proof and hand waved it away, your job is to show evidence to back up your claim. It's not our job to find your evidence for you.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Opinions are not facts. Those players being of the opinion that it doesn't work doesn't make it fact.
    They do. By saying it doesn't work and showing the math behind it they will have the vast majority of wow players ignoring the system picking what is best turning it into a meta or die design.

    I never really understand why after 16 years of players on mass playing the meta people always are shocked the meta exists.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ... You were asked for proof and hand waved it away, your job is to show evidence to back up your claim. It's not our job to find your evidence for you.
    I mean no its not my job we have hundreds of theorycrafters who are showing us the live numbers on beta with two weeks to go. I was just making fun of your ignorance of it in a tongue and cheek manner by asking you to produce something that doesn't exist.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    They do. By saying it doesn't work and showing the math behind it they will have the vast majority of wow players ignoring the system picking what is best turning it into a meta or die design.

    I never really understand why after 16 years of players on mass playing the meta people always are shocked the meta exists.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean no its not my job we have hundreds of theorycrafters who are showing us the live numbers on beta with two weeks to go. I was just making fun of your ignorance of it in a tongue and cheek manner by asking you to produce something that doesn't exist.
    You seem to be missing a vital part of having a discussion. You make an argument, you are the one who backs it up with facts. Waving your hand and saying "the facts are out there, just look" is not conducive to having a discussion. That's what FelPlague is saying. If there's "hundreds of theorycrafters" surely you can link at least one?
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You seem to be missing a vital part of having a discussion. You make an argument, you are the one who backs it up with facts. Waving your hand and saying "the facts are out there, just look" is not conducive to having a discussion. That's what FelPlague is saying. If there's "hundreds of theorycrafters" surely you can link at least one?
    I assume this is like the official wow forums. If I post them to a theorycrafter they will go on about how they can't be sure and they need to see others and then its still going to change and then thirty odd posts later they will get bored and return to the first point.

    I am simply cutting down the fluff posts by pointing out they have zero concept of how the classes currently look and they shouldn't weigh in without knowing.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post

    I am simply cutting down the fluff posts by pointing out they have zero concept of how the classes currently look and they shouldn't weigh in without knowing.

    No you are not. Just like op, majority of your posts is bashing the developers for ''incompetence'' and being overdramatic without actual proof.

    Again, where is the proof of 40%dmg difference?
    And your claim of majority of people being hung up on meta - where is the proof?

    I have talked to 20ish people on my friend list and many guildies, ranging from casuals to mythic raiders. Majority is sick and TIRED of chasing meta and will stick to Covenant which suites their aesthetic preferance/playstyle. Yes, this is ancedotal, but still more of a proof then anything you claim.

    I don't understand you nor the OP. You seem really frustrated with the game...why not just let it go? I was never frustrated with it, in fact, people here would probably call me a shill or a whiteknight and yet i ''voted with my wallet'' twice, and skipped most of WoD and half of Legion.
    Last edited by Jamais; 2020-11-08 at 11:40 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    No you are not. Just like op, majority of your posts is bashing the developers for ''incompetence'' and being overdramatic without actual proof.

    Again, where is the proof of 40%dmg difference?
    And your claim of majority of people being hung up on meta - where is the proof?

    I have talked to 20ish people on my friend list and many guildies, ranging from casuals to mythic raiders. Majority is sick and TIRED of chasing meta and will stick to Covenant which suites their aesthetic preferance/playstyle. Yes, this is ancedotal, but still more of a proof then anything you claim.

    I don't understand you nor the OP. You seem really frustrated with the game...why not just let it go? I was never frustrated with it, in fact, people here would probably call me a shill or a whiteknight and yet i ''voted with my wallet'' twice, and skipped most of WoD and half of Legion.
    Skipped out on most of bfa myself. I think what gets under my skin is that the content is actually pretty good in SL. I just dislike all the systems designed to waste my time in it.

    Are covenants really a big deal? Not really I will pick my BiS one then change if a nerf comes. Once im cleared out mythic will max renown each one so im set for whatever panic buffs they do for the second tier. If I want to pvp I will just roll a pvp toon. There are already addons out that list what covenant people have picked so the old engine will take care of this old problem in time.

    I just wish it wasn't there you know? I would like for classes to simply be complete and more or less balanced then random rental grinds.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "40% difference"
    "I don't believe you"
    "Big dramatic shpeal"

    Yeah that is sorta the point.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They have been constantly speaking about classes and specs. Like literally constantly, of course some might feel left out but it's usually cause blizz just saw them as already in a good place and didn't want to mess with it. Just because your spec did not get the most attention ever does not mean it got no attention at all.
    Total nonsense. There is zero feedback for Ret, Enhance and Holy Paladin.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Total nonsense. There is zero feedback for Ret, Enhance and Holy Paladin.
    There is a lot in the forum that matters not the one where people post moronic information that most people can see.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    That died a month into Beta testing? Months and months and months of absolute silence?
    Nope, they made sure to flame us all on twitter.
    https://twitter.com/HamletEJ/status/1316884212754968576

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •