Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We want to have better dialogue for Shadowlands Beta

That died a month into Beta testing? Months and months and months of absolute silence?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game is almost ready, there isn't much to dialog anymore. What had to be said was said already.

You don't want dialog, you want a way to boss the devs around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    That died a month into Beta testing? Months and months and months of absolute silence?
    Have you not been seeing the updates and info regarding changes occurring over the Beta? They've been communicating quite a bit, not just on what's changing, but why.

There was an update just yesterday on class changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Have you not been seeing the updates and info regarding changes occurring over the Beta? They've been communicating quite a bit, not just on what's changing, but why.

There was an update just yesterday on class changes.
    I'm not one to defend bliz usually, but this is really the only answer. Perhaps the OP had some specific issue they felt was important that the devs (and probably most other players) didn't and is upset they didn't get a special answer for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

snip
    You've been distracted.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well.... They could just change it a few weeks after the game's released if they really wanted too. Just look at what happened to an *ahem* certain part of Silverpine Forest.

I think they should change Bwonsamdi's dialogue, to be OT. He sounds overly hostile in some parts, and some quest text just looks/sounds weird. I'll be 100% ok if they don't but it still bothers me lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

They had a lot of dialogue sadly most of it was telling highend players how they wanted to design their game with weird "trust us bro we got this" when all the errors in their logic were pointed out about covenants at least in the pve feedback forums. I heard the pvp was mostly people screaming at devs to fix the one shotting issues plaguing arena.

Blizzard is sadly addicted to time sink systems and it costed them heavily so far making them push back a content completed game to try and fix problems they created via adding to many grind systems.

Now its two weeks to launch and the game isnt near ready balance wise but we going to have worse then vanilla class balance as they grand stand about their terrible visions like some kind of dark prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yes /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    They had a lot of dialogue sadly most of it was telling highend players how they wanted to design their game with weird "trust us bro we got this" when all the errors in their logic were pointed out about covenants at least in the pve feedback forums. I heard the pvp was mostly people screaming at devs to fix the one shotting issues plaguing arena.

Blizzard is sadly addicted to time sink systems and it costed them heavily so far making them push back a content completed game to try and fix problems they created via adding to many grind systems.

Now its two weeks to launch and the game isnt near ready balance wise but we going to have worse then vanilla class balance as they grand stand about their terrible visions like some kind of dark prophet.
    Worse then vanilla....some specs couldn't even fucking do the role they had in....this is so absurd.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I mean, they (Blizzard Devs) did communicate more than every beta before.
    That said, there were MANY changes, that were not communicated at all and some specs that did not see any form of reaction regarding to player feedback on the official beta forums.
    So, did they do better this time? Yes. But compared to BfA Beta that's not much of an achievement. Could they have done way better? Also yes. But it's tradition by now that some specs don't get looked at when a new expansion comes out, so maybe they are fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Worse then vanilla....some specs couldn't even fucking do the role they had in....this is so absurd.
    Right now the same spec same talent builds are doing 40% different damage outputs two weeks before launch. It would be nice to see vanilla levels of balance at this point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now the same spec same talent builds are doing 40% different damage outputs two weeks before launch. It would be nice to see vanilla levels of balance at this point...
    I don't really believe the numbers you are saying...at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't really believe the numbers you are saying...at all.
    In time you will know what its like to lose... to feel so desperately that you are right yet fail all the same. Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives.

Its the numbers we are looking at right now. We are far enough along that i can't see it being fixed at this point either.

The main problem is that most covenants offer different ways of doing damage and burst can't be as effective as sustain otherwise it always becomes the default option. They created for themselves a system that can never be balanced and added in extra layers of imbalance ontop of that.

Now the 40% isn't something that your likely to achieve unless you try to achieve it by purposely picking the worst covenant, soulbinds, conduits, and legendary items. Your more likely to see more of a 20% from random chance or preference.

The numbers are out though the data is extremely fragmented at this point as blizzard is in full panic mode when it comes to changes. You have to dig around class discords for them.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Game is almost ready, there isn't much to dialog anymore. What had to be said was said already.

It doesnt feel like anything was said looking at the Class, Beta forums. Beta testers are confused as to why Classes are in the state they are in going forward to release. This doesnt feel different then the last 3 Betas. Where is the dialogue on specs that feel awful? Enhance, Ret, Holy Paladin etc etc. Where is the dialogue on specs and classes that broken or are just poorly designed such as every spec of Monk. Monk is filled with tons of bugs...silence, silence, silence.

Since the delay of Shadowlands was to finish stuff not to change stuff, they didnt really need much more information then the information they had already collected.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt feel like anything was said looking at the Class, Beta forums. Beta testers are confused as to why Classes are in the state they are in going forward to release. This doesnt feel different then the last 3 Betas. Where is the dialogue on specs that feel awful? Enhance, Ret, Holy Paladin etc etc. Where is the dialogue on specs and classes that broken or are just poorly designed such as every spec of Monk. Monk is filled with tons of bugs...silence, silence, silence.
    You not liking what they are saying doesn't mean they have said it. Beta testers aren't this magical hivemind that agrees with you.

If you don't like the design direction of the game and feel that they aren't listening (not obeying, listening) to you, it's time to go support some other game.

I’ll settle for a decent expansion. It is a game first. You can have the best storyline and dialogue possible and a shit game still means a shit game.

7+ Year Old Account
    In time you will know what its like to lose... to feel so desperately that you are right yet fail all the same. Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives.

Its the numbers we are looking at right now. We are far enough along that i can't see it being fixed at this point either.

The main problem is that most covenants offer different ways of doing damage and burst can't be as effective as sustain otherwise it always becomes the default option. They created for themselves a system that can never be balanced and added in extra layers of imbalance ontop of that.

Now the 40% isn't something that your likely to achieve unless you try to achieve it by purposely picking the worst covenant, soulbinds, conduits, and legendary items. Your more likely to see more of a 20% from random chance or preference.

The numbers are out though the data is extremely fragmented at this point as blizzard is in full panic mode when it comes to changes. You have to dig around class discords for them.
    "40% difference"
    "I don't believe you"
    "Big dramatic shpeal"

Yeah that is sorta the point.

- - - Updated - - -

They have been constantly speaking about classes and specs. Like literally constantly, of course some might feel left out but it's usually cause blizz just saw them as already in a good place and didn't want to mess with it. Just because your spec did not get the most attention ever does not mean it got no attention at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

If anything, this is the beta devs listened the most to community feedback. For better or worse.

When the game is put into beta blizzard doesnt make any big fundamental changes. In the end its Blizzards game and they dont care if you want unlocked covenants or not, they do as they want their design to be.