Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dune, The Witcher

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything? I don't think I've ever actually read a single "famous" book

I have not read Nick Perumov's books but I would like to buy some books about Middle-earth
    Last edited by nickbor34; 2021-01-27 at 03:24 PM.

The Bible.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Bible
    {10 char}

I haven't read the "entire" Bible, but a good portion of it when I was younger.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Probably like many others, the bible. I have tried many many times, different versions and even languages, but I just can't get through it. I really want to eventually though, same with the quran.

Also the Song of Ice and Fire books. I tried multiple times but never managed to get past the chapter where the Starks first lay eyes on King's Landing. I hate the description of the city so much that I can't move on from it or change my opinion of GRRM's writing.

Tale of Two Cities. Definitely one of my favorites.

Name the book and I haven't read it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Probaly either the Harry Potter books, or H.P Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu and some of his other novels (not sure how "famous" you can consider the latter)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Probably like many others, the bible. I have tried many many times, different versions and even languages, but I just can't get through it. I really want to eventually though, same with the quran.
    I can't imagine reading all of certain books in the old Testament of the Bible, as they are simply recitation of names...pages and pages of it. And one book that lists the Commandments...almost 600 of them. Gets tedious.
    "Song of Solomon gets a touch pg13 raunchy. (An odd duck in the OT.)

Alof of them, lord of the rings, a song of ice and fire, the bible, 1984 to name a few. Planing on 1984 though as i do enjoy my dystopian settings.
    Do you hear the voices too?

5+ Year Old Account
    The Great Gatsby
    Moby Dick
    Little Women
    Pride and Prejudice
    The Bible

10+ Year Old Account
    Harry Potter or LOTRs
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

A ton. Of all the acclaimed novels you'd see in a 'greatest' list, I've only read a few.

Weird to see the Bible listed here. It's not intended to be read from front to back... it's a collection of inaccurately translated scattered writings, edited over time to fit someone's preferred interpretation, and then thrown together into 1 of any number of 'versions' of the word of god.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2021-06-06 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I speak French so I would first say that I have never read anything from Marcel Proust, and I've been told he's an excellent writer. So I intend to read some of the tomes from À la recherche du temps perdu.

From Quebec litterature (my people), I never read Bonheur d'occasion, from Gabrielle Roy.

As for anglo-saxon litterature, I have never read anything from Jane Austin. So, I may try Pride and Prejudice one day.

I never read The Divine Comedy, from Dante Alighieri either. Or War and Peace or Anna Karenina from Leo Tolstoy or The Karamazov Brothers, from Fiodor Dostoïevski.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Lord of the Rings. I know I should. I know. But dammit, it's so big... I just can't get to reading it.

Rich Dad Poor Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by juxwillx View Post
    Rich Dad Poor Dad!
    That's not a famous book.