Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually really enjoyed the first 3 and thought 2 was and probably still is the best in the series but remakes/resmasters whatever you want to call them seem very hit and miss so hopefully this is actually good.

this is awesome.
    now i just hope for dragon age origins and dragon age 2.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's like the final fantasy & resident evil "Remasters" then i'm all for it.

But please no more of these half assed, barely any changes "Remasters" like the recent NFS hot pursuit remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    a remaster with ea over you ? lol it will pure shit, ea asking them to rushing it to sell it quickly probably ;p

remember warcraft 3 reforged ? that what will happpens here
    You clearly haven't checked out C&C Remastered.

They better put in the effort to update for example mass effect 1. Update them in a better engine and stuff like that. Dont need to be a full remake from the ground up like ff7 or re2. But it better not be some shitty port with upscaled 4k resolution i swear. Im never buying shit from bioware if its what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Uhh its not a Remake which is what you are suggesting (WC3 was a Remake) this is a Remaster, the base game is not being touched, only the visual elements.

I do hope they update Mass Effect 1 to at least have the same controls as Mass Effect 2, Mass 1 has some horrible controls.
    Yeah, ME2 and especially ME3 still play well but the first game is pretty awful to play now, here's hoping they change stuff around.

Also, EA hasn't always made bad remasters so far. The Command and Conquer one in particular was lauded. I've no idea why people are bringing in Reforged when it's not the same company at all.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I see some people still don't understand the difference between Remake and Remaster.

Honestly, I've been waiting for this to happen if only to finally have all the DLC bundled together.

meh. I already have all the DLC's and at least some of the cosmetic/etc packs (the ones that I cared about)

I'm in a minority of people who enjoyed ME1 combat anyways, and unless something incredibly magical happens and they actualy make remaster easier to mod? I'll stick to my moddable original trilogy.

its great for people who haven't played the games when they came out though - getting complete edition is much more convenient than trying to track down all the DLC packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Or at least a change to femshep so she's consistent in all 3 games

Kinda wish they also did this for DA:O though, boy does the combat does NOT hold up
    Yes !

I want ME3 Femshep in the first two games, its so odd they changed her for the 3rd one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Actually really enjoyed the first 3 and thought 2 was and probably still is the best in the series but remakes/resmasters whatever you want to call them seem very hit and miss so hopefully this is actually good.
    To be honest, Antromeda was a fun game, just a terrible ME. (And awful npc models)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    zzzzzz
    when will remasters of remasters be a thing?

was already getting weird bugs last time i played through ME2, i suspect it was a compability issue with win10 or something, it's also possible it was origin. hopefully that will be fixed with this.

I LOVED all the games but...a remaster? So the same game but with flashier graphics? Nah, sorry, not interested. I'd love a sequel though.

Completely unnecessary. I guess great for the 10 people that care about visuals. Only upside would be a potential gameplay upgrade of ME1. ME2/3 dont even need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Completely unnecessary. I guess great for the 10 people that care about visuals. Only upside would be a potential gameplay upgrade of ME1. ME2/3 dont even need that.
    Its worth it just for the potential ME1 upgrade, the upgraded Visuals and update to 4k is just a bonus.

Having it on the PS5 and XBSX is also nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    a remaster with ea over you ? lol it will pure shit, ea asking them to rushing it to sell it quickly probably ;p

remember warcraft 3 reforged ? that what will happpens here
    How can some people cram so much nonsense into so few words?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Except that isn't happening, they made it clear in the announcement that they aren't touching gameplay.

Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements.

- - - Updated - - -

Its worth it just for the potential ME1 upgrade, the upgraded Visuals and update to 4k is just a bonus.

Having it on the PS5 and XBSX is also nice.
    As I said to the other guy, there is no ME1 upgrade. Will be 100% the same game with minor visual upgrades and native 4k support (which is already possible on PC, I was playing ME1 in 4k less than a week ago).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes !

I want ME3 Femshep in the first two games, its so odd they changed her for the 3rd one.
    There are mods for that.

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/178
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    How can some people cram so much nonsense into so few words?

- - - Updated - - -

Except that isn't happening, they made it clear in the announcement that they aren't touching gameplay.

Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said to the other guy, there is no ME1 upgrade.
    Till they say otherwise and its from an official source, there is always the potential for them to upgrade ME1 to use MES/3 combat system, which is dearly needs. Update of the "Experience" .. gameplay is part of that experience and ME1 is downright horrible in its current state and far from an enjoyable "Experience" and by gameplay im talking about the control system not the game itself.

Soo, since you not an official source I'm just going to ignore your "Opinion"

As for mods . .no thanks, haven't had any good experiences with modding ME1 or 2 so would rather it be an official update.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2020-11-07 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm apparently one of the few that enjoyed all three, so I'll grab it. Looks like it's getting the treatment I would like to have seen for several older games - same game on a modern engine.
    Im one of those who enjoyed all four. :>
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Till they say otherwise and its from an official source, there is always the potential for them to upgrade ME1 to use MES/3 combat system, which is dearly needs.

Soo, since you not an official source I'm just going to ignore your "Opinion"
    I'm sorry, wasn't aware that the guy in charge of the entire series was giving an opinion when he said they weren't changing the game.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Here, I'll even make it EXTRA BIG for you.

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

It doesn't get more official than Casey Hudson. But hey, best of luck with the wishful thinking and inevitable disappointment.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-11-07 at 09:50 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not free for those who own all three already - I'll wait for the sequel.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side