Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    didnt all the endings strand the armies in the Sol system?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    my problem with the destroy ending, is that you kill both the Geth and IDA after all this time building them up.
    and it'll mean that most of the turian & quarian fleet imprisoned to our solar system will die of starvation it they don't have enough supplies, it takes a loong time to FLT to others systems + lots of fuel, and they are dextro amined races, so they can't use human/salarian/asari food (and I don't even take in consideration the quarian weakened immune system) to get to the closest turian planet to get more supplies.

and on another topic, I fear for the next ME game, it reeks of a "mass effect 1.5", liara on an ice planet findind N7 armor pieces, it speak of post 1st normandy destruction and before sheppard return, if the new game happen all in between ME2 intro and prologue, I'll be angry
    Oh ya, I forget that Destroy rekt the Geth. Guess they can retcon that away if needed, but otherwise yeah it means no flashlights, pity. As for the armies being stranded, the Quarians brought their liveships. These have tons of food on them, probably enough to last until the next Turian planet considering the fleets of both races probably took heavy casualties and there aren't that many people to feed in the first place.

But if it's a ME 1.5, yeah, I'll also legit be angry. That would suck an incalculable amount of balls. The story must move forward.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

personaly? I want a sequel to Andromeda. expand on it, add more alien species, stop cutting corners. I really, genuinely enjoyed the premise of it, from the idea of creating this backup plan of preserving the species in case the war against reapers fails, to the mysteries of Andromeda itself with a bonus of neatly avoiding the conundrum of canonizing the ending/Shepard/choices.

<--was NOT a fan of how they handled Revan and Exile in SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    personaly? I want a sequel to Andromeda. expand on it, add more alien species, stop cutting corners. I really, genuinely enjoyed the premise of it, from the idea of creating this backup plan of preserving the species in case the war against reapers fails, to the mysteries of Andromeda itself with a bonus of neatly avoiding the conundrum of canonizing the ending/Shepard/choices.

This is the most logical route and reason why Andromeda was created.
    Maybe it's easier to say "multiply ships where launched" and enter a new galaxy and skip the Andromeda story.

You really don't want to undo the ME3 story by forcing a ending

for a chance of games following ME3, you'd need the red destroy ending anyway

but if you're a selfless leader, knowing you're going to die and want the universe protected from any other nasty surprise, you'd take control over the reaper, and set yourself as the "shepherd" of this galaxy by replacing the catalyst with your own digitized IA, I know I would do so. even if you stop being human because your body die, you'd be able to keep an eye and protect your squad mates, their family and descendant

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

but if you're a selfless leader, knowing you're going to die and want the universe protected from any other nasty surprise, you'd take control over the reaper, and set yourself as the "shepherd" of this galaxy by replacing the catalyst with your own digitized IA, I know I would do so. even if you stop being human because your body die, you'd be able to keep an eye and protect your squad mates, their family and descendant
    It wouldn't be you, you wouldn't stop being human - you'd just die. Whatever that thing would be - it wouldn't be you. It would be a copy of your mind and its own thing with its own thoughts. You would have no control over it. You'd be dead.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Green and Blue were the most interesting choices to me, as having the whole galaxy transcent their limitations was just something too spectacular to pass up. Controll doesn't really mean you have to actually control everything. I would have just taken the reapers and have set them up as guardians for the milkyway, maybe helped with reconstruction first and then pissed off to the void between galaxies to keep watch. Given their tech level they could even easily leave behind a Shepard clone as an unwitting observer (no one needs to know about the deal). Red is the hurr-smash ending, that doesn't make much sense from the point of the reapers, even if we argue that the others might have been a trap or fabrication, the same would apply for the red one. The reset ending is just dumb, at least in the way in which the player character reaches the conclusion.

The best ending would be to just ignore everything after the transporter beam tbh. As much as people say it would suck.. it would seriously be still better than picking any of the other endings and canonizing the god/ai-child-thingy. The original ending was and is a mistake to this day, but thas has been analyzed to death already. Imho they would do well to at least hint at a better ending for the next one while they remaster the series. I certainly hope we won't be getting a damn prequel game next, I agree on that, that would piss me off to no end. I'd rather fumble around with more of the Andromeda mess.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-02-23 at 12:43 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The idea was nice but unless you speed run the game you have ended up killing like 90% of the humans and Krogan sent on the mission by the end of the game lol. Yeah they definitely should have had more aliens species. None of the Enemies should have been our people

Synthesis would probably be the easiest and best ending to use. Andromeda's Ryder was basically a super synthesis soldier. I assume most people wouldn't be at the level of an A.I. working in tandem with a biotic user and more likely to be like a human with google maps in their head so I don't think they would have to worry about too much of a power creep from it. Its also a good way to explain game mechanics like changing specs and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Destroy is a good setup for a game/series anyway- the War has devastated galactic infrastructure and shaken insterstellar politics as previously dominant species were hit the hardest by the Reapers. The Krogans are either on the rise or even more royally pissed off at the Council species than before, and this time there's no humongously superior fleet keeping them down. The Quarian/Geth/both are now a power to be reckoned with. Tons and tons of Reaper tech now laying around just waiting to be salvaged. Maybe there's some Rachni or other potentially hostile species laying around. It's fertile grounds for all kinds of stories. They can also easily write Shepard out if need be, saying they were alive but far too wounded to make a comeback. Or just set the story far enough in the future. Only remaining issue is which variation of the local stories in places like Rannich or Tuchanka they make canon.

Control would be hard to pull off- God-Emperor Shepard is controlling a swarm of Reapers and able to fry any problem with space lazers. Writing that out would be stupid, but dealing with a previous PC who is now omnipotent would be just as stupid.

Synthesis and Refuse are obvious no-gos. The former brings peace and love eternal to the entire galaxy (ugh) while the latter means everyone gets deep fried and the next cycle wins for us.
    Probably destroy but maybe it wasn't nearly as crazy as the ending was(Mostly cause I'm a softy and don't want civilization to be in ruins). I also would distance myself from the whole Shepperd thing but not completely ignore the character either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The idea was nice but unless you speed run the game you have ended up killing like 90% of the humans and Krogan sent on the mission by the end of the game lol. Yeah they definitely should have had more aliens species. None of the Enemies should have been our people

Synthesis would probably be the easiest and best ending to use. Andromeda's Ryder was basically a super synthesis soldier. I assume most people wouldn't be at the level of an A.I. working in tandem with a biotic user and more likely to be like a human with google maps in their head so I don't think they would have to worry about too much of a power creep from it. Its also a good way to explain game mechanics like changing specs and stuff.
    oh execution of ideas in Andromeda WAS a bit... questionable. not as bad as some claim but it could have been better.

as for synthesis as a best ending um.. no. HELL no. that ending is a body horror and NOTHING like what Ryder's integration with AI is. synthesis literally rewrote dna of every single species, WITHOUT their consent and apparently it did so in a way that made everyone get along now, so that's brainwashing along with physical violation. no. nonononononono, please god no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They will either go with the red one or the 4th one (so be it). The other two endings (blue and green) don't make a good game, as they have reapers present, reapers who can solve any galaxy-wide threat in a snap.
    So it's either Reapers are destroyed - or we will be actually destroying them in the ME4.
    I bet on the Red ending as canon for ME4 because fighting reapers all over again is a risque move.
    Indoctrination Theory is still a thing, and it actually makes ME4 being a direct sequel a possibility if correct.

Can't see myself replaying such a long time again :|

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Indoctrination Theory is still a thing, and it actually makes ME4 being a direct sequel a possibility if correct.
    Its only a thing if some very few peoples head. If you still think years later bioware planned to not have an actual ending, i have a bridge for you. Its just grasping at straws because they cant cope the ending wasent very good.

oh execution of ideas in Andromeda WAS a bit... questionable. not as bad as some claim but it could have been better.

as for synthesis as a best ending um.. no. HELL no. that ending is a body horror and NOTHING like what Ryder's integration with AI is. synthesis literally rewrote dna of every single species, WITHOUT their consent and apparently it did so in a way that made everyone get along now, so that's brainwashing along with physical violation. no. nonononononono, please god no.
    Ryder is a literal synthesis of an A.I. and a human. And didn't your dad force it on you to save your life?

I don't remember synthesis saying that it brain washes anyone. Imo it's more like a racist finding out their favorite grandma was half black and so try and stop being racist. Tons of shit happen to us against our consent that alters us. Viruses effect us, where we live, etc... Sure its a forced evolution but so is all evolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats probably the most craziest comparison I've seen in the last 5 years.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Ryder is a literal synthesis of an A.I. and a human. And didn't your dad force it on you to save your life?

I don't remember synthesis saying that it brain washes anyone. Imo it's more like a racist finding out their favorite grandma was half black and so try and stop being racist. Tons of shit happen to us against our consent that alters us. Viruses effect us, where we live, etc... Sure its a forced evolution but so is all evolution.
    umm. UMM. NO. literally no on every level. Ryder has an IMPLANT. DNA is not rewritten. implant can be taken out. and no it doesn't say synthesis brain washes everything, but how else do you explain sworn enemies doing a complete 180 at a drop of a hat and just liking each other? we are not talking "learning not to be racist" we are talking whelp. not a racist anymore at a flip of a switch.

implication of brain washing didn't occur to bioware anymore then indoctrination theory (which btw they confirmed was NOT the plan, they like that players came up with it, but they, the writers did NOT). that doesn't mean that implication is NOT there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its only a thing if some very few peoples head. If you still think years later bioware planned to not have an actual ending, i have a bridge for you. Its just grasping at straws because they cant cope the ending wasent very good.
    How much for the bridge? I've been in the market for one.

For real, though. So many things add up. The kid that no one else has ever seen shows up in Shepard's dreams along with distorted Reaper noises in the background. Shepard is never seen going into the teleporter at the end. Not to mention teleportation wasn't a thing before, Reapers used Mass Relays. The whole dreamlike ending that is dripping with metaphor and symbolism. If Shepard shoots the Starchild it talks in Harbinger's voice. 'Destroy the Reapers' ending is painted as the 'bad', or 'renegade' ending, despite it being the only one Shepard survives...DESPITE BEING THE ONE WHERE HE EXPLODES IN SPACE.

Shepard never made that final charge. The Reapers spent an entire game trying to Indoctrinate him and failed, at the climax of the final battle Harbinger itself tried one last attempt at forcing it. Everything after Harbinger's laser is all in Shepard's head, and choosing anything other than 'destroy the Reapers' is a successful Indoctrination.

I will die on this hill. Might as well by that bridge and make it my memorial.

How much for the bridge? I've been in the market for one.

For real, though. So many things add up. The kid that no one else has ever seen shows up in Shepard's dreams along with distorted Reaper noises in the background. Shepard is never seen going into the teleporter at the end. Not to mention teleportation wasn't a thing before, Reapers used Mass Relays. The whole dreamlike ending that is dripping with metaphor and symbolism. If Shepard shoots the Starchild it talks in Harbinger's voice. 'Destroy the Reapers' ending is painted as the 'bad', or 'renegade' ending, despite it being the only one Shepard survives...DESPITE BEING THE ONE WHERE HE EXPLODES IN SPACE.

Shepard never made that final charge. The Reapers spent an entire game trying to Indoctrinate him and failed, at the climax of the final battle Harbinger itself tried one last attempt at forcing it. Everything after Harbinger's laser is all in Shepard's head, and choosing anything other than 'destroy the Reapers' is a successful Indoctrination.

I will die on this hill. Might as well by that bridge and make it my memorial.
    https://www.thegamer.com/mass-effect...shepard-canon/

10+ Year Old Account
    Die. On. This. Hill.

I'm well aware they said it wasn't canon. Doesn't mean they are telling the truth. Doesn't mean that even if the theory isn't 100% accurate that SOMETHING wasn't going on. Said it himself in there that there might be some subconscious power from the kid's words. Even if it isn't the Reapers, there is something fucky going on there. And if there is going to be a new Mass Effect we will find out what it is.

Die. On. This. Hill.

I'm well aware they said it wasn't canon. Doesn't mean they are telling the truth. Doesn't mean that even if the theory isn't 100% accurate that SOMETHING wasn't going on. Said it himself in there that there might be some subconscious power from the kid's words. Even if it isn't the Reapers, there is something fucky going on there. And if there is going to be a new Mass Effect we will find out what it is.

they have no reason to lie. indoctrination theory would have been a better ending. they like it because it IS clever. but they didn't write it. its not canon. and extended cut proves it beyond any shadow of a doubt. if headcanon makes you happy? fine. there is nothing wrong with that, the amount of headcanoning i had to do just to make certain parts of the story less shitty - I can't be the one to judge. however... STOP saying they meant it. they didn't.