Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's easy enough to repair billion year old tech after a massive war? Where are they getting the resources? Are the just going to turn them off and then on again like a router? Are they going to slowly drag all the required resources to each relay to repair em? Or they gonna gather the mats from nearby planets? What about the species that live there? They gonna be ok with you stealing all their shit so you can speed around and force them to not make synthetics? Also what happened to the keepers or what ever they were called?

    The geth being destroyed isn't an asspull. If you destroy all synthetics u destroy all synthetics. I feel you are trying to hand wave away genocide because you don't like the synthetic ending. Also how you gunna learn from the geth when you wiped em all out to save your ass from having those bad ass illusive man eyes. Are you forgetting that without Shepard's empathy and considering all options that the Racnai, Krogans, Geth and shit would all be wiped out? You really think anyone is going to learn from dead shit? They are just going to go back to they way things were.

    I never said the best ending EMS. I said that the worst ending was only to destroy. Also the Highest EMS is for the selfish ending aka the good renegade option. Its not about destroy being good but you living on. You willingly slaughtering your allies isn't a good moral thing but it is a good renegade thing.

    I wouldn't be talking about head cannon when you literally just posted a bunch of head cannon like the Geth dying being an asspull to justify a temporary reprieve from the synth vs organic cycle. What future synth is going to trust living creatures when history shows they willingly sacrificed billions of good artificial beings to save their own asses when there was other options? The extended cut was pulled together because they knew they fucked up and people were pissed. You can see the armor in the Extended cut Synthesis ending glowing green with circuits. Does that mean they want you to think armor is alive now? Why didn't the Normandy glow green in the original cut then?

    Yeah of course its bad writing. The whole ending of a series where the whole gimmick was that your choices matter and are meaningful then boiling it down to 4 options and not seeing what happened to everyone you saved was incredibly retarded to think was an ok thing to do. Oh and just rereading up on the Leviathan's makes the story even more retarded. They have the power to wipe out Reapers but don't even though they think they are the best beings in the universe they are content to hide like bitches until you show up. Then in the end if you destroy the Reapers you now have arrogant super squids who mind control people into serving them running around and the only power that scared them into hiding is now dead.




    Yeah the Original cut doesn't have any of that creepy shit.

    None of them really had the opportunity do do what the Reapers did. And I don't think the Reapers can change themselves, they just keep following their programing.

    Destroy leaves mind controlling space squids free to take over the galaxy again and nothing to stop em.
    for that first - all good questions. AND THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT. BIOWARE DID NOT THINK THINGS THROUGH. the easy enough part is a quote from conversation with Catalyst. you just pick and chose which quotes you listen to and which ones you don't and then you pick and chose the interpretations of them. but as much as developers meant for synthesis to be a good ending, they also meant high EMS destroy to be the best ending, the hardest to get. its there. it was there BEFORE the extended cut, and it was elaborated on AFTER extended cut. you just chose to ignore it, because it undermines your prefered headcanon.

    and I'm sorry, but 1. Extended cut is STILL canon. just becasue they didn't show their intentions doesn't erase that those intentions were there. extended cut is them writing out what they meant by all the endings. ignoring it, because original was vague enough that you could handwave the creepy shit as "metaphorical" doesn't change that its NOT and has never meant to be metaphorical.

    in order for people to just "all get along" which is what is shown in the ending. TO THIS DEGREE? you are not "metaphorically" changing culture, you are changing how people think and process. literally.

    yes, it doesn't make sense from a scientific standpoint anymore then Shepard's essence being spread across the galaxy to somehow accomplish it. but that's the space magic they went with.

    in any case. this is a piece of fiction, and if your headcanons make you happier about it? go on. but. and I will DIE on this hill. these are your headcanons. these are your interpretations that are as valid as indoctrination theory or any other player interpretations/fixes to the nonsense that we were actualy given. not canon. just your own personal fixit fics, you are just trying to fix canon without drasticaly changing it, but its still a fixit.

  2. #522
    Veering away from the ending topic for a little bit. I'm surprised that they're sticking with the botoxed FemShep design. Trust me, I don't hate it, but.. it looks a little weird for someone of Shepard's.. background? Profession?

    I loved the Mass Effect 3 FemShep concept. Still do. Always felt it was a shame that the ME3 model didn't really live up to it. Now that they have any plans at all to fiddle with FemShep's design, I'm surprised they're not trying to bring her closer to that concept art and instead are doubling down on the original ME3 model's appearance.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Veering away from the ending topic for a little bit. I'm surprised that they're sticking with the botoxed FemShep design. Trust me, I don't hate it, but.. it looks a little weird for someone of Shepard's.. background? Profession?

    I loved the Mass Effect 3 FemShep concept. Still do. Always felt it was a shame that the ME3 model didn't really live up to it. Now that they have any plans at all to fiddle with FemShep's design, I'm surprised they're not trying to bring her closer to that concept art and instead are doubling down on the original ME3 model's appearance.
    honestly? I'm not. its entirely in character for them to double down on their decisions, whatever they may be. they have done it across multiple games AND multiple branches of the studio. every once in a while after years of things not working, they may admit that maybe their choice wasn't so great (see abandoning Anthem next, and plethora of decisions in SWTOR, including Galactic command system - though that one they redesigned and reskinned rather then abandon completely - just to name a few). so yeah, they are keeping that design through thick and thin. at least we are not stuck with default and can just play a custom.

    but that femshep design is also an example (along with Miranda looking... interesting, among other things) of them having serious issues with female faces in their game, NOT due to any SJW agenda, but rather just pattern of ... less then ideal animations.

    concider what she looks like in CGJ trailer

    vs the game.

  4. #524
    Oh yeah, the CGI design is also different. I think that one looks good too. Concept is still my favorite, though.

    I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But I think it would have been a good opportunity.

    One thing that also sucked in ME3 was that custom FemShep was pretty much a premade model that couldn't be altered in any way because everything was made custom together unless you modded it. Which meant that you couldn't use the default FemShep haristyle if you made a custom one.

    I doubt that's gonna change this time around, but I guess I can hope.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh yeah, the CGI design is also different. I think that one looks good too. Concept is still my favorite, though.

    I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But I think it would have been a good opportunity.

    One thing that also sucked in ME3 was that custom FemShep was pretty much a premade model that couldn't be altered in any way because everything was made custom together unless you modded it. Which meant that you couldn't use the default FemShep haristyle if you made a custom one.

    I doubt that's gonna change this time around, but I guess I can hope.
    as far as I know, they are still doing mod support (or at least not trying to make it even harder to mod) so modders will likely fix it, just like they did with originals. I mean.... look at the difference some tweaking of textures does? its the same bone structure and everything.
    from this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/562

    I also cannot find those mods at the moment, but I distinctly remember modders pulling individual parts of the appearance, like hair, etc and making them usable with custom presets. that said... I also remember modders mentioning that femshep textures are one set of hair plus complexion, so separating hairstyle from the complexion was all but impossible. mods have come a long way since then though, but it probably also means that using that hairstyle with a custom face is not going to be possible on consoles at least.

    and yes, concept art was great, though my fave and the one I voted for was this one


  6. #526
    Yeah, there were ways of using the new female face in various ways through mods. I found this screenshot laying around on my disk:

    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

  7. #527
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Veering away from the ending topic for a little bit. I'm surprised that they're sticking with the botoxed FemShep design. Trust me, I don't hate it, but.. it looks a little weird for someone of Shepard's.. background? Profession?

    I loved the Mass Effect 3 FemShep concept. Still do. Always felt it was a shame that the ME3 model didn't really live up to it. Now that they have any plans at all to fiddle with FemShep's design, I'm surprised they're not trying to bring her closer to that concept art and instead are doubling down on the original ME3 model's appearance.
    The game has a character designer, and they've said that the original design in ME1 and ME2 will still be available. It's not a huge deal that the ME3 default is flawed unless you're the kind to get cranky about what's featured in marketing material.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    for that first - all good questions. AND THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT. BIOWARE DID NOT THINK THINGS THROUGH. the easy enough part is a quote from conversation with Catalyst. you just pick and chose which quotes you listen to and which ones you don't and then you pick and chose the interpretations of them. but as much as developers meant for synthesis to be a good ending, they also meant high EMS destroy to be the best ending, the hardest to get. its there. it was there BEFORE the extended cut, and it was elaborated on AFTER extended cut. you just chose to ignore it, because it undermines your prefered headcanon.

    and I'm sorry, but 1. Extended cut is STILL canon. just becasue they didn't show their intentions doesn't erase that those intentions were there. extended cut is them writing out what they meant by all the endings. ignoring it, because original was vague enough that you could handwave the creepy shit as "metaphorical" doesn't change that its NOT and has never meant to be metaphorical.

    in order for people to just "all get along" which is what is shown in the ending. TO THIS DEGREE? you are not "metaphorically" changing culture, you are changing how people think and process. literally.

    yes, it doesn't make sense from a scientific standpoint anymore then Shepard's essence being spread across the galaxy to somehow accomplish it. but that's the space magic they went with.

    in any case. this is a piece of fiction, and if your headcanons make you happier about it? go on. but. and I will DIE on this hill. these are your headcanons. these are your interpretations that are as valid as indoctrination theory or any other player interpretations/fixes to the nonsense that we were actualy given. not canon. just your own personal fixit fics, you are just trying to fix canon without drasticaly changing it, but its still a fixit.
    First off I didn't ignore it. You are ignoring the fact that the only "bad" play though option is to destroy. There is only one possible option where Shepard could even possibly survive. You're deluding yourself by thinking that its because they secretly want destroy to be a good ending. It's because it would take a miracle to survive that shit so if you gathered a ton of resources naturally it would increase your chance of survival no matter how small of a chance that would be. And where are you seeing that they meant High EMS destroy to be the best ending? Do you have proof of this? Or is it just your head canon? Find me a source saying that high ems destroy is supposed to be the good ending for both paragon and renegade Shepards?

    Its your head canon that says they need to be mind controlled. You literally have been making shit up based on what you think you saw instead of what is actually said in them thats the definition of head canon. They don't even give a timeline as to how long this takes for everyone to be at peace. Hell the fuck you ending takes place thousands of years after humanity and shit are wiped out and a new people use your info to stop the Reapers. You are trying to delude yourself into believing Destroy is good by making your own shit up. Even Mass Effect Andromeda has Synthesis being a good thing.

    You doomed your games entire galaxy to be enslaved by giant psychic space squids or eventually wiped out by synthetics again when the cycle begins again. That is the facts that are stated in game. Anything you claim about learning from mistakes or shit is just your head canon.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-02-25 at 06:13 PM.

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    First off I didn't ignore it. You are ignoring the fact that the only "bad" play though option is to destroy. There is only one possible option where Shepard could even possibly survive. You're deluding yourself by thinking that its because they secretly want destroy to be a good ending. It's because it would take a miracle to survive that shit so if you gathered a ton of resources naturally it would increase your chance of survival no matter how small of a chance that would be. And where are you seeing that they meant High EMS destroy to be the best ending? Do you have proof of this? Or is it just your head canon? Find me a source saying that high ems destroy is supposed to be the good ending for both paragon and renegade Shepards?

    Its your head canon that says they need to be mind controlled. You literally have been making shit up based on what you think you saw instead of what is actually said in them thats the definition of head canon. They don't even give a timeline as to how long this takes for everyone to be at peace. Hell the fuck you ending takes place thousands of years after humanity and shit are wiped out and a new people use your info to stop the Reapers. You are trying to delude yourself into believing Destroy is good by making your own shit up. Even Mass Effect Andromeda has Synthesis being a good thing.

    You doomed your games entire galaxy to be enslaved by giant psychic space squids or eventually wiped out by synthetics again when the cycle begins again. That is the facts that are stated in game. Anything you claim about learning from mistakes or shit is just your head canon.
    what is your source that synthesis is supposed to be the best ending? your own headcanon? because if we go by the score required, which is what you seem to be going by - the highest EMS required is for destroy plus. synthesis has lower requirement. and see - here is the rub. you cannot ignore developer intentions selectively. because those are the same developers who DID in fact say that the dna nonsense is literal. among other things, its apparently in their world responsible for quarian immune systems being magically cured at a flip of a switch, as well as Joker not having his brittle bone disease anymore. physical changes WERE made, you are just ignoring all the implications of those physical changes.

    I'm going by what they are showing us in cutscenes. and giant psychotic squids are gone in destroy galaxy. they still exist in synthesis.

    mass effect Andromeda does NOT have synthesis, you interpret an implant as synthesis, and its not. because by YOUR interpretation of what synthesis means, we've had synthesis all along. you know since all biotics use implants, and all that jazz. oh, but Ryder implant is AI, you say? its still an implant. there is no merging or any new paradigm. its a glorified omnitool you do not have to put on and take off.

    what I'm "dooming the galaxy" to is learning from its mistakes and growing. without being forced into it by one person who think they know what's best for everyone. but that's just me.

    /shrug. in any case, that whole bullshit choice that pushed on us is so much bullshit, that I personaly do not deal with it at all. cause this is why we have mods, baby. if I'm going to have to headcanon a ton of nonsense away, might as well go all out instead of trying to fix something that is so broken as original endings are.

    but in any case. its shit writing all around, its just particular brand of shit in synthesis.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what is your source that synthesis is supposed to be the best ending? your own headcanon? because if we go by the score required, which is what you seem to be going by - the highest EMS required is for destroy plus. synthesis has lower requirement. and see - here is the rub. you cannot ignore developer intentions selectively. because those are the same developers who DID in fact say that the dna nonsense is literal. among other things, its apparently in their world responsible for quarian immune systems being magically cured at a flip of a switch, as well as Joker not having his brittle bone disease anymore. physical changes WERE made, you are just ignoring all the implications of those physical changes.

    I'm going by what they are showing us in cutscenes. and giant psychotic squids are gone in destroy galaxy. they still exist in synthesis.

    mass effect Andromeda does NOT have synthesis, you interpret an implant as synthesis, and its not. because by YOUR interpretation of what synthesis means, we've had synthesis all along. you know since all biotics use implants, and all that jazz. oh, but Ryder implant is AI, you say? its still an implant. there is no merging or any new paradigm. its a glorified omnitool you do not have to put on and take off.

    what I'm "dooming the galaxy" to is learning from its mistakes and growing. without being forced into it by one person who think they know what's best for everyone. but that's just me.

    /shrug. in any case, that whole bullshit choice that pushed on us is so much bullshit, that I personaly do not deal with it at all. cause this is why we have mods, baby. if I'm going to have to headcanon a ton of nonsense away, might as well go all out instead of trying to fix something that is so broken as original endings are.

    but in any case. its shit writing all around, its just particular brand of shit in synthesis.
    My source on synthesis being the "best" ending is them using it as the main feature of Andromeda. And again I was only ever talking about destroy being the only option available for bad games. If an option is the only option available if u fuck up terribly then it stands to reason it isn't supposed to be the good ending.

    You are going by what you see and interpreting it in your own way. Nothing whats said in said cutscene says anything about mind control.

    How are the squids gone in perfect destroy? Levithan's help you out in a good game. They are billions of years old haven't learned anything and now have the only thing that made em go into hiding gone.

    Andromeda most certainly has synthesis, you have a fucking A.I. altering you constantly and changing your stats. You think that would be possible with just a space age pacemaker? The Pathfinders are the only people capable of this and its because its a combination of A.I. working with a biological being. Id love to see an Omnitool capable of giving you biotic powers one minute then turning you into a walking tech tank the next.

    Except they don't learn from their mistakes. They tried to wipe out the Rachni then sterilize the Krogan, then go to kill the Geth. You are the only reason anything changes in the galaxy. And then in the end prove that nothing changes by wiping out your allies and any other artificial life forms in the galaxy. Plus in a perfect game you should still have the Leviathans alive which means you got organic reapers that love to be worshiped now happily building armies free from the Reapers. Don't worry maybe this time their followers won't build robots.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-02-25 at 09:30 PM.

  11. #531
    I literally made a trillon amount of my Femshep, Maleshep ingame screenies onto a Photobucket account i made from all this, from all the games in the OG trilogy because i loved how badass Shepard could be customized in Appareance to how he, she looked in Combat.

    I have like over 500+ some screenshots from OG Trilogy on the account still, no other Game i have taken so much character screenshots from than ME OG Trilogy.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    My source on synthesis being the "best" ending is them using it as the main feature of Andromeda. And again I was only ever talking about destroy being the only option available for bad games. If an option is the only option available if u fuck up terribly then it stands to reason it isn't supposed to be the good ending.

    You are going by what you see and interpreting it in your own way. Nothing whats said in said cutscene says anything about mind control.

    How are the squids gone in perfect destroy? Levithan's help you out in a good game. They are billions of years old haven't learned anything and now have the only thing that made em go into hiding gone.

    Andromeda most certainly has synthesis, you have a fucking A.I. altering you constantly and changing your stats. You think that would be possible with just a space age pacemaker? The Pathfinders are the only people capable of this and its because its a combination of A.I. working with a biological being. Id love to see an Omnitool capable of giving you biotic powers one minute then turning you into a walking tech tank the next.

    Except they don't learn from their mistakes. They tried to wipe out the Rachni then sterilize the Krogan, then go to kill the Geth. You are the only reason anything changes in the galaxy. And then in the end prove that nothing changes by wiping out your allies and any other artificial life forms in the galaxy. Plus in a perfect game you should still have the Leviathans alive which means you got organic reapers that love to be worshiped now happily building armies free from the Reapers. Don't worry maybe this time their followers won't build robots.
    ok, now you are freaking confusing the shit out of me. HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY USING IT AS MAIN FEATURE OF ANDROMEDA? HOW? in what god forsaken way?

    again, HAVING AN IMPLANT IS NOT A FUCKING SYNTHESIS. ITS HAVING AN IMPLANT. its NOT altering you constantly, anymore than your fucking omnitool as a sentinel player is altering you, any more then all the various bullshit abilities iron man pulls by wearing his various suits or lets go with performance drugs we have today, right now - SAM is litteraly an advanced targeted performance drug when it comes to Ryder's combat abilities.

    and again, Andromeda initiative skedaddles to adromeda BEFORE events of ME3. they have no idea of the outcome of Reaper war, its kinda the point of setting the game in Andromeda in a first place, so that they don't have to pick an ending to work with. the initiative is there as a backup in case the war is lost. and people in Andromeda? are NOT affected by the synthesis wave, should it happen EITHER. cause that's only in milky way galaxy.

    but back to pathfinders and their AI partners which are IMPLANTS. https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Pathfinder not. synthesis. at all. not even close.

    https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/SAM they are LITTERALY advanced biotic implants AS PER LORE. they ENHANCE what's already there, they are NOT changing it in any way. and those implants can be removed, transferred, etc - pretty much at will. there are examples of pathfinders LOSING their mantle should rider make certain choices and they go back to being regular old representatives of their species. literally anyone can be a pathfinder, heck one of them can become one without any training at all, because they just happened to be next in line in a chain of command.

    your precious catalyst would NOT have been making such a big fucking deal out of synthesis if it was what YOU think is synthesis. becasue guess what? WE ALREADY HAD IT. ergo. synthesis is something VERY different.


    and now, Shepard is NOT the messiah and the only reason anything changes, that is just such a ridiculous take, especially since, again AS PER LORE - Catalyst exists as a work of multiple cycles and its not like Reapers gave any of the previous cycles enough time to figure it out on their own, they just swooped in the moment they detected AI existing, as per lore.

    /sigh.

    whatever. believe whatever the hell you want to believe. doesn't matter. its a video game at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-02-26 at 12:12 AM.

  13. #533
    also remember that all biotics do wear an implant to synchronise all their biotic neural nodes to activate their powers, so they must be synthesis too ...

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    ok, now you are freaking confusing the shit out of me. HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY USING IT AS MAIN FEATURE OF ANDROMEDA? HOW? in what god forsaken way?

    again, HAVING AN IMPLANT IS NOT A FUCKING SYNTHESIS. ITS HAVING AN IMPLANT. its NOT altering you constantly, anymore than your fucking omnitool as a sentinel player is altering you, any more then all the various bullshit abilities iron man pulls by wearing his various suits or lets go with performance drugs we have today, right now - SAM is litteraly an advanced targeted performance drug when it comes to Ryder's combat abilities.

    and again, Andromeda initiative skedaddles to adromeda BEFORE events of ME3. they have no idea of the outcome of Reaper war, its kinda the point of setting the game in Andromeda in a first place, so that they don't have to pick an ending to work with. the initiative is there as a backup in case the war is lost. and people in Andromeda? are NOT affected by the synthesis wave, should it happen EITHER. cause that's only in milky way galaxy.

    but back to pathfinders and their AI partners which are IMPLANTS. https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Pathfinder not. synthesis. at all. not even close.

    https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/SAM they are LITTERALY advanced biotic implants AS PER LORE. they ENHANCE what's already there, they are NOT changing it in any way. and those implants can be removed, transferred, etc - pretty much at will. there are examples of pathfinders LOSING their mantle should rider make certain choices and they go back to being regular old representatives of their species. literally anyone can be a pathfinder, heck one of them can become one without any training at all, because they just happened to be next in line in a chain of command.

    your precious catalyst would NOT have been making such a big fucking deal out of synthesis if it was what YOU think is synthesis. becasue guess what? WE ALREADY HAD IT. ergo. synthesis is something VERY different.


    and now, Shepard is NOT the messiah and the only reason anything changes, that is just such a ridiculous take, especially since, again AS PER LORE - Catalyst exists as a work of multiple cycles and its not like Reapers gave any of the previous cycles enough time to figure it out on their own, they just swooped in the moment they detected AI existing, as per lore.

    /sigh.

    whatever. believe whatever the hell you want to believe. doesn't matter. its a video game at the end of the day.
    It's not being achieved using the same sort of space magic but SAM certainly aims to achieve the same thing by bringing organic and synthetics together, it even has the name "Simulated Adaptive Matrix," using similar language to the Catalyst. Having these things existing in the galaxy without the Catalyst's interference just confirms that galactic life has evolved over the cycles to be ready for Synthesis.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    also remember that all biotics do wear an implant to synchronise all their biotic neural nodes to activate their powers, so they must be synthesis too ...
    Are those implants described as AI or synthetic life-forms? I thought they were just dumb, human-operated tech.

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's not being achieved using the same sort of space magic but SAM certainly aims to achieve the same thing by bringing organic and synthetics together, it even has the name "Simulated Adaptive Matrix," using similar language to the Catalyst. Having these things existing in the galaxy without the Catalyst's interference just confirms that galactic life has evolved over the cycles to be ready for Synthesis.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Are those implants described as AI or synthetic life-forms? I thought they were just dumb, human-operated tech.


    worth it.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-02-26 at 04:27 PM.

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    My source on synthesis being the "best" ending is them using it as the main feature of Andromeda. And again I was only ever talking about destroy being the only option available for bad games. If an option is the only option available if u fuck up terribly then it stands to reason it isn't supposed to be the good ending.
    And yet Destroy is the only one that gets a post credit scene for Shepard.

    I will always defend the Indoctrination theory as the one true ending. (plus it lets you ignore the abomination that is the star-child as the ultimate resolution of the Reapers).

    Starting of with the imposing dread of Sovereign and ending with a child is just... sigh.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  17. #537
    the ending will always be a mess.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And yet Destroy is the only one that gets a post credit scene for Shepard.
    control end up with sheppard digitized & carbonized, so dead for sure
    synthesis end up dissolved into space magic, so dead for sure too

    only with the destroy ending can he survive, he/she just eat a big explosion from the giant red fuse to the face, and then the citadel exploding everywhere at once, all that with a mostly destroyed armor and enough injuries to nearly need to be lazared once again lol

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And yet Destroy is the only one that gets a post credit scene for Shepard.

    I will always defend the Indoctrination theory as the one true ending. (plus it lets you ignore the abomination that is the star-child as the ultimate resolution of the Reapers).

    Starting of with the imposing dread of Sovereign and ending with a child is just... sigh.
    Its the only possible ending where Shepard could even remotely survive.

    I'd like to think the Leviathan's are using their powers on you to test you and see if someone could actually save their asses from having to hide all the time. It's basically indoctrination except done by the "good guys".

    The most hated and illogical thing in the game was 3's ending but yeah lets spend 10 minutes slapping a remaster together and removing Miranda's ass instead of fixing the actual problem with the game which if they retconned could allow them to do an actual Mass Effect 4 set in our galaxy. I just wonder if this was an EA mandate or if Bioware is pumping this out in an effort to appease EA and not shut em down after the failure of Anthem.


    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    ok, now you are freaking confusing the shit out of me. HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY USING IT AS MAIN FEATURE OF ANDROMEDA? HOW? in what god forsaken way?

    again, HAVING AN IMPLANT IS NOT A FUCKING SYNTHESIS. ITS HAVING AN IMPLANT. its NOT altering you constantly, anymore than your fucking omnitool as a sentinel player is altering you, any more then all the various bullshit abilities iron man pulls by wearing his various suits or lets go with performance drugs we have today, right now - SAM is litteraly an advanced targeted performance drug when it comes to Ryder's combat abilities.

    and again, Andromeda initiative skedaddles to adromeda BEFORE events of ME3. they have no idea of the outcome of Reaper war, its kinda the point of setting the game in Andromeda in a first place, so that they don't have to pick an ending to work with. the initiative is there as a backup in case the war is lost. and people in Andromeda? are NOT affected by the synthesis wave, should it happen EITHER. cause that's only in milky way galaxy.

    but back to pathfinders and their AI partners which are IMPLANTS. https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Pathfinder not. synthesis. at all. not even close.

    https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/SAM they are LITTERALY advanced biotic implants AS PER LORE. they ENHANCE what's already there, they are NOT changing it in any way. and those implants can be removed, transferred, etc - pretty much at will. there are examples of pathfinders LOSING their mantle should rider make certain choices and they go back to being regular old representatives of their species. literally anyone can be a pathfinder, heck one of them can become one without any training at all, because they just happened to be next in line in a chain of command.

    your precious catalyst would NOT have been making such a big fucking deal out of synthesis if it was what YOU think is synthesis. becasue guess what? WE ALREADY HAD IT. ergo. synthesis is something VERY different.


    and now, Shepard is NOT the messiah and the only reason anything changes, that is just such a ridiculous take, especially since, again AS PER LORE - Catalyst exists as a work of multiple cycles and its not like Reapers gave any of the previous cycles enough time to figure it out on their own, they just swooped in the moment they detected AI existing, as per lore.

    /sigh.

    whatever. believe whatever the hell you want to believe. doesn't matter. its a video game at the end of the day.
    SYNTHESIS
    noun
    1.
    the combination of ideas to form a theory or system.

    Synthesis is the combination of the biological and artificial. Which a pathfinder is.

    "The first Pathfinder neural implants were created by Dr. Ellen Ryder, a pioneer in human biotic implant design. While biotic implants bolster and focus electrical signals along the nervous system, Pathfinder implants go a step further by connecting to not only the nervous system, but also circulation, endocrine function, and exteroceptive senses. Generally however, the Andromeda Initiative has safety protocols installed on the Pathfinder's implant that restrict SAM's access to the Pathfinder's physiology.

    Synced with an artificial intelligence, the implants reveal their full potential. The implant is a two-way connection, giving full insight into the host's physical and mental state, while allowing it to generate and alter electrical signals along the host's neural pathways that the body processes as its own. This information exchange is managed through quantum entanglement communicators, ensuring realtime syncing between host and AI no matter the distance.

    Alec Ryder created SAM with the belief that the quarians' mistake with the geth was not creating AI that integrated with organics and that SAM would ensure a symbiotic relationship. However, Ambassador Anita Goyle refused to defy the Citadel Council's edicts and the Systems Alliance dishonorably discharged Alec for his AI research. Nonetheless, Alec persisted in the development of SAM. The Initiative deemed the development of SAM vital to their mission and aided Alec in designing the AI in secret."


    "One such technology unique to the Hyperion SAM is the profiles feature. This allows SAM to enhance the Pathfinder's capabilities during combat, possible only by overriding his safety protocols and gaining unrestricted access to his host's physiology."

    I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it wasn't A.I. they were reacting to but the activation of Relays which is why they built them so they would know when space faring species got to the point they should be harvested as well as what tech they would be using.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-02-27 at 08:21 AM.

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    control end up with sheppard digitized & carbonized, so dead for sure
    synthesis end up dissolved into space magic, so dead for sure too

    only with the destroy ending can he survive, he/she just eat a big explosion from the giant red fuse to the face, and then the citadel exploding everywhere at once, all that with a mostly destroyed armor and enough injuries to nearly need to be lazared once again lol
    Hence the Indoctrination theory. The game effectively ends with Harbinger shooting Shepard as they storm the portal to the citadel, everything after that happens purely in shepherds unconscious head.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •