Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean it is going to be great to do a full play through again. But, this time with none of the downloading all the DLC jank.. just one nice complete package I can DL and discard for the yearly play though. Looking forward to the ME1 changes. Hopefully they smooth some of the game play out a bit comparable to the other 2 games.

I'll be playing on the Series S so hopefully I'll be enjoying that sweet 60 fps or something close to it. Never played the first one so I've got that to look forward to as well. After suffering through the jankiness of the PS3 versions it's going be heaven... as long as the developers didn't screw it up.

Anyone know when we can preload it on Steam? Cant really go Outside on the Weekend because of the Pandemic, Weather and I would rather not have to wait a few hours to download it.

I've had a message from the Microsoft Store telling me the availability date has changed to May 13th. Maybe it's just for the download?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I've had a message from the Microsoft Store telling me the availability date has changed to May 13th. Maybe it's just for the download?
    New games are usually released 12am est so depending on your time zone it could be released on the 13th.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard they are doing some censoring in the remake for the SJW's so why would i buy a game like that. Why i will not be buying that and Diablo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    I heard they are doing some censoring in the remake for the SJW's so why would i buy a game like that. Why i will not be buying that and Diablo 2.
    Is this altering like, a handful of butt-shots for Miranda that add nothing to the game/story, take nothing away, and make up a handful of seconds over a game that spans dozens of hours alone in a trilogy where each entry spans dozens of hours?

A change they made purely internally because they realized that whoever was in charge of those scenes was pandering to horny dudes who like 3d lady butts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is this altering like, a handful of butt-shots for Miranda that add nothing to the game/story, take nothing away, and make up a handful of seconds over a game that spans dozens of hours alone in a trilogy where each entry spans dozens of hours?

A change they made purely internally because they realized that whoever was in charge of those scenes was pandering to horny dudes who like 3d lady butts?
    Why change what was all ready in the game? Why was the time to change it? No need to change. It was a knee to the SJW's. If it was in the first game then leave it in and no multiplayer all so. Why even make it if your not to true to the game. And you know women like look at here too you know not just men's.

Why change what was all ready in the game? Why was the time to change it? No need to change. It was a knee to the SJW's. If it was in the first game then leave it in and no multiplayer all so. Why even make it if your not to true to the game. And you know women like look at here too you know not just men's.
    Because the people who made the game wanted to. Why do you hate creative people having control over their creations and voluntarily making changes and want to dictate to them what they can/can't do?

Mass Effect is absolutely riddled with SJW pandering anyway, if that's the sort of thing that upsets you then you are better off keeping away.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because the people who made the game wanted to. Why do you hate creative people having control over their creations and voluntarily making changes and want to dictate to them what they can/can't do?
    There's almost no one left at Bioware who made ME, let's be real.

Also changes like that are not "voluntary." It's not like they took a vote of the people who are actually working on the remaster, it's a decision from higher-ups who have decided to pander to a different group of consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Also changes like that are not "voluntary." It's not like they took a vote of the people who are actually working on the remaster, it's a decision from higher-ups who have decided to pander to a different group of consumers.
    You were inside this meeting they had about this topic, personally?

I mean, has BW not been on this path for like...I dunno, at least the past decade or so? Is this out of character for modern BW even?

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes are so minor that if no one told you what they were you wouldn't even notice them to begin with... they are that unimportant. You are upset because they told you not because they changed them in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary Edition not having multiplayer is a letdown, IMO. ME3 multiplayer was great (Andromeda too) - giga underrated IMO. Also fuck phantoms...

They could have made a whole bloody spinoff game just out of ME3/Andromeda multiplayer itself and it would rock. Taking Andromeda multiplayer and adding ME3 factions in... glorious. Also, fuck phantoms, not sure I mentioned it.

I really hope that I won't need to screw around with save editor to fix stupid shit they did not bother to do back then.

So you heard something, did not check anything yourself, and then came to this conclusion.
    I fucking love internet.
    P.S.
    You will have Photo Mode, so if you really want to, you can make ALL the pictures of Miranda's butt. That too is pandering to SJW's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I know like 36k of your 55k posts are dedicated to defending corporations, but really?
    What corporation? I mean, fuck EA in general, but at least they're not meddling with their developers and killing them like they used to. Now they're letting them fail all on their own.

You don't have to care about butt shots to be annoyed with the tendency to censor art, especially when the censorship is done by an entirely different group of people.
    Ok...and? It's still BW's game, and I imagine there are at least a handful of folks that worked on it originally that are still there. Were the gratuitous buttshots needed? Did they add anything to the story? To her character? Or were they just like, the usual kind of, "Oh, scenes with a sexy lady start with a butt-shot because horny."?

You say "censor", I say, "They chose to alter their creative vision to be more in-line with the studios principles as they evolve." I'm not one for dictating what creative companies do with their works, and if they want to change them they absolutely can.

It's actually pretty astonishing how western AAA games in particular face such enormous pressure to de-sexify everything, as if sexy women are evil and shameful. It's like the Moral Majority infiltrated and took over secular culture without anyone realizing it.
    Wat? Do we play the same games? I mean the only difference now is that 90% of female characters don't exist to be sexy ladies for horny dudes to fantasize about and have cringeworthy ads centered around how sexy they are. There are absolutely still plenty of sexy ladies, sexual ladies, scantily clad ladies etc. The difference is that's not the way most are portrayed exclusively, anymore, and we have more diversity of appearance/character akin to what you see amongst male characters (though they've had their own problems with beefy, over-roided dudes with gravely voices) and non-human characters.

Because the primary demographic is no longer horny teenage boys, but a pretty diverse group covering the age, gender, race, sexuality etc. spectrum as gaming has grown considerably even over the past 10-20 years.

And all of this is over what totals like, 20 seconds of cutscenes in a game that can easily take 43,200 seconds (12 hours) or more to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game director for this remaster compilation has been with Bioware since around Kotor back in 2003.

This idea some have started to push that changes to ME2 happened without the supervision of anyone that worked on the original games is hollow, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Legendary Edition not having multiplayer is a letdown, IMO. ME3 multiplayer was great (Andromeda too) - giga underrated IMO. Also fuck phantoms...

They could have made a whole bloody spinoff game just out of ME3/Andromeda multiplayer itself and it would rock. Taking Andromeda multiplayer and adding ME3 factions in... glorious. Also, fuck phantoms, not sure I mentioned it.
    Stasis, and then headshot with the silenced pistol. Pew pew!

Artist decides to to change butt shots in art owned by them and is slammed for censorship... what a time to be alive.. it is almost like people are demanding the artist be censored to only releasing it the way "they" want the artist to release it. I mean these people get told a LOT of things on the internet and I doubt butt shots were the primary thing they would cave on. I mean the character is still totally sexuallized, still totally the same way in personality and actions.. but... but... the angle of the camera is different.. so its some sort of "they are changing the character" censorship. Like I said.. what a time to be alive..

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The game director for this remaster compilation has been with Bioware since around Kotor back in 2003.

This idea some have started to push that changes to ME2 happened without the supervision of anyone that worked on the original games is hollow, at best.
    To say nothing of the fact that anyone who thinks Bioware just started "getting woke" obviously hasn't paid attention to the last 12 years or so. They've been pretty ahead of the curve on that stuff. I very, very much doubt this was anything close to an executive mandated decision.

But you know, some people are all about artistic freedom until the artist does something they don't like.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.