Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
41
... LastLast
  1. #601
    This thread has gone to.. interesting places..

  2. #602
    Someone on the subreddit received their PS5 copy early and have been posting some info about it. Pics on their Twitter linked somewhere in there too https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...arrived_early/

  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Someone on the subreddit received their PS5 copy early and have been posting some info about it. Pics on their Twitter linked somewhere in there too https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...arrived_early/
    Damn, super early copies are like, one of the biggest advantages of retail. It's an EU copy, curious where he ordered from >.>

  4. #604
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    This thread has gone to.. interesting places..
    Yeah, it isn't terribly relevant to Mass Effect, but those of us who are old farts relatively speaking knows companies absolutely used to make adds for games and hardware like that tomb raider one on a magazine Edge linked to.

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That style of advertising is absolutely not a lie.

    E.g Nintendo used to advertise the gameboy with shit like this in the 90s.
    Last derail for me. I know they used to advertise like that. I'm saying the content of the advertisement is a lie as a joke. Both the guy and girl look like they are about ready to film a porn. Hence why I said the advertisement looks like a screencap of a porno.

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, super early copies are like, one of the biggest advantages of retail. It's an EU copy, curious where he ordered from >.>
    Sounds like they significantly changed shooting and cover mechanics. Aka unannounced changes which is why people were worried about random things being changed that seemed small not because of the terrifying male gaze. Supposedly light armor kind of looks like crap as well but pics are getting taken down.

  7. #607
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Sounds like they significantly changed shooting and cover mechanics. Aka unannounced changes which is why people were worried about random things being changed that seemed small not because of the terrifying male gaze. Supposedly light armor kind of looks like crap as well but pics are getting taken down.
    Except they totally said that shooting and cover mechanics were going to be changed in the first one...

    See : https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect...etLocale=en-us
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2021-05-12 at 06:00 AM.

  8. #608
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Sounds like they significantly changed shooting and cover mechanics. Aka unannounced changes which is why people were worried about random things being changed that seemed small not because of the terrifying male gaze. Supposedly light armor kind of looks like crap as well but pics are getting taken down.
    That there were going to be changes to combat in ME1 wasn’t unannounced, that it’s surprising people who didn’t pay attention beforehand doesn’t mean they didn’t say anything about it.

  9. #609
    Mechagnome Starscream101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Mushroom Kingdom of Equestria
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm still not seeing you complain about EXTENSIVE changes to ME1 combat, mako controls etc. which people in general are praising because lord knows ME1 could use combat updates to bring it closer in line to later games (even though personaly I enjoy its jankiness and find it charming in its own way)

    so... is it REALLY about "the changes"? or will you just admit it that its solely about digital ass not being so in your face anymore?
    No its not about digital ass. Its just like Super marior bros 1 2 3 feel tottaly different in the controls compared to mario all stars it feels different. ME1 feels different than ME2 and ME3. The jankiness as you put it made it a different that the next two games. I do not mind the bug fixes because they are bugs Its changes for the sake of changes that pisses me off in these games like i said about conkers even mario games. Warcraft reforge was looking forward to it too and look out that pice of garbage turned out and now i do not have much hope for diablo 2 for its changes. Why change it there has not been 1 good reason to change it.

  10. #610
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    No its not about digital ass. Its just like Super marior bros 1 2 3 feel tottaly different in the controls compared to mario all stars it feels different. ME1 feels different than ME2 and ME3. The jankiness as you put it made it a different that the next two games. I do not mind the bug fixes because they are bugs Its changes for the sake of changes that pisses me off in these games like i said about conkers even mario games. Warcraft reforge was looking forward to it too and look out that pice of garbage turned out and now i do not have much hope for diablo 2 for its changes. Why change it there has not been 1 good reason to change it.
    Thing is, they aren't taking away the ability to play the first game as it was. You can still play it if you wish. You can still buy it on Origin right now if you wish. This is for those that haven't played the ME series, haven't played the first one as outside of the 360, it is a bigger hot mess then it was(the PS3 version is absolutely tough to play because of porting issues) or anyone who wants an updated game. This isn't like Blizzard and their opinion that nobody wanted to play the original version of WC3 anymore so lets get rid of the ability to play it at all.

  11. #611
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    No its not about digital ass. Its just like Super marior bros 1 2 3 feel tottaly different in the controls compared to mario all stars it feels different. ME1 feels different than ME2 and ME3. The jankiness as you put it made it a different that the next two games. I do not mind the bug fixes because they are bugs Its changes for the sake of changes that pisses me off in these games like i said about conkers even mario games. Warcraft reforge was looking forward to it too and look out that pice of garbage turned out and now i do not have much hope for diablo 2 for its changes. Why change it there has not been 1 good reason to change it.
    If you don't like changes for the sake of changes why do you care about remasters at all? Just keep playing the originals.

  12. #612
    My Xbox preload is installed now, just 21.3 GB. Not sure what's going on there because all the journalistic sources are saying it should be over 80 GB with a 13 GB day one patch to download on top of that.

  13. #613
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    My Xbox preload is installed now, just 21.3 GB. Not sure what's going on there because all the journalistic sources are saying it should be over 80 GB with a 13 GB day one patch to download on top of that.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...load_is_up_on/

    Here, apparently.

  14. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    No its not about digital ass. Its just like Super marior bros 1 2 3 feel tottaly different in the controls compared to mario all stars it feels different. ME1 feels different than ME2 and ME3. The jankiness as you put it made it a different that the next two games. I do not mind the bug fixes because they are bugs Its changes for the sake of changes that pisses me off in these games like i said about conkers even mario games. Warcraft reforge was looking forward to it too and look out that pice of garbage turned out and now i do not have much hope for diablo 2 for its changes. Why change it there has not been 1 good reason to change it.
    ah, so it took me calling you out TWICE before you realized that ME1 is being changed?

    and as i said, i enjoy the jankiness, but not everyone does - that's why there are as many combat mods for ME1 as there are high rez mods in addition to all sort of miscellaneous game changes you can download (and the mods are STILL being actively maintained and updated even after all these years). and guess what, as several other people said already - you can STILL play the original! it is still there and they even give you ALL of the DLC's for the first game. legally for free! and you can play it as is, OR you can get a bunch of high rez mods!

    the changes they are making are there to UPDATE the games to the more modern standards. and yes, changing the camera angle of ONE conversation is part of those updates, because that camera angle was a laughing stock and a meme all over the internet for YEARS. i mean... within the old fandom, Miranda and Miranda's ass are known as two separate characters.

    if you do not like changes so badly? originals are STILL HERE. guess what i'm playing right now? if you say the original, you'd be correct.

    P.S. ME1 does feel different from ME2. but its not just because combat is different. its because the story is told differently and structured differently. no combat changes will make ME1 feel more like ME2. just more cohesive to play as you do not have to relearn muscle memory between games anymore

  15. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. Some are saying 80, some are saying 21. Weird.

    Also here's 25 minutes PS5 gameplay in French:


  16. #616
    Man, I'm sticking with my "Don't preorder games" thing (except very rare occasions), but that video looks pretty good visually at least. Assuming reviews come out and aren't slamming the games as a buggy, broken mess (not looking like they will so far) this is gonna likely be a full price pickup. I clown on the games for not being great as games and having kinda lackluster narratives/acting, and the third for being a bloody mess and kinda janky, but I still have a soft spot for these kinds of RPG's and enjoy the heck out of the overall experience even if I'm not as into the moment to moment gameplay.

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The game director for this remaster compilation has been with Bioware since around Kotor back in 2003.

    This idea some have started to push that changes to ME2 happened without the supervision of anyone that worked on the original games is hollow, at best.
    So what, one person out of hundreds or thousands? lmao

    The leads for all their important and popular games are long since gone, same as Blizzard. That's not a dig at new people - they may be great - but this is absolutely a different group doing any modern stuff.

    Wat? Do we play the same games? I mean the only difference now is that 90% of female characters don't exist to be sexy ladies for horny dudes to fantasize about and have cringeworthy ads centered around how sexy they are. There are absolutely still plenty of sexy ladies, sexual ladies, scantily clad ladies etc. The difference is that's not the way most are portrayed exclusively, anymore, and we have more diversity of appearance/character akin to what you see amongst male characters (though they've had their own problems with beefy, over-roided dudes with gravely voices) and non-human characters.
    Most Western AAA games are incredibly sexless now comparatively. Games that are popular in other markets are not (like LoL), because their cultures aren't haven't become as prudish as US markets.

  18. #618
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    So what, one person out of hundreds or thousands? lmao

    The leads for all their important and popular games are long since gone, same as Blizzard. That's not a dig at new people - they may be great - but this is absolutely a different group doing any modern stuff.



    Most Western AAA games are incredibly sexless now comparatively. Games that are popular in other markets are not (like LoL), because their cultures aren't haven't become as prudish as US markets.
    That "lmao" is perfectly illustrative of how little you know about what you're talking about. Miranda was created as a character in the first place by Patrick Weekes and Mac Walters, both of whom are at still at bioware, later of which is heading up this whole remaster being done.

  19. #619
    Currently streaming live:



    Also an official tweet about preloads: "Preload is now available on all platforms! For Xbox players, Smart Delivery allows for a smaller preload, with ME2 & ME3 able to be downloaded from the launcher at release"

    What the fuck is the launcher?
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-05-12 at 08:29 PM.

  20. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Currently streaming live:



    Also an official tweet about preloads: "Preload is now available on all platforms! For Xbox players, Smart Delivery allows for a smaller preload, with ME2 & ME3 able to be downloaded from the launcher at release"

    What the fuck is the launcher?
    It's probably similar to Master Chief Collection where you have a central menu that you can select the game you want to play. I'm guessing it will only download ME1 and you'll have to manually trigger the download for 2 and 3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •