Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So Bioware announced their remaster of the original Mass Effect trilogy... It will be available in Spring 2021.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Personally I am interested, but probably only going to get it if EA offers a discount for people who already own all the games and DLC. I don't really feel like paying $40-$60 for something I already have just to get some sharper textures and better shaders.
    The "discount" will be that you get three games for $40-$60 instead of paying $40-$60 for each of them individually

ME 1 could use some UI enhancements (and possibly some mild updates to gameplay, don't go overboard though).

I suppose all of them could use graphical facelifts.

Feel free to change at least the last 20 minutes of ME3...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Underwhelmed, seems games are going the way of movie ideas, why make something new when you can just remaster an old one. Sigh really want a new ME entry in the series.
    You remember what happened the last time we got that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

>EA
    >offers a discount
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    Pick one

On topic: Personally i am interested, but probably only going to get it after the first reviews. It can turn into a sh*tshow like WC reforged. And knowing EA even "surprise mechanics" can invade the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Bioware announced their remaster of the original Mass Effect trilogy... It will be available in Spring 2021.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Personally I am interested, but probably only going to get it if EA offers a discount for people who already own all the games and DLC. I don't really feel like paying $40-$60 for something I already have just to get some sharper textures and better shaders.
    A price tag of 60 wouldn't be a bad a deal here for a remaster, when it's not just one game being bundled together there, but 3 of them, with DLC included.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Underwhelmed, seems games are going the way of movie ideas, why make something new when you can just remaster an old one. Sigh really want a new ME entry in the series.
    They announced that they're doing that too here.
    Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can’t say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we’ll be going next.
    Although, "veteran team" doesn't really inspire much confidence after Anthem.
    Last edited by zealo; 2020-11-08 at 05:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    A price tag of 60 wouldn't be a bad a deal here for a remaster, when it's not just one game being bundled together there, but 3 of them, with DLC included.

They announced that they're doing that too here.

Although, "veteran team" doesn't really inspire much confidence after Anthem.
    Or after Andromeda.

The cynic in me tells me Bioware needs money badly for them to do this.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    To be honest, Antromeda was a fun game, just a terrible ME. (And awful npc models)
    Andromeda was pretty decent tbh and it has some great mods, problem is it corrupt my save after about 15 hours and I couldn't be arsed doing all that again as it's a slow paced game to begin with.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This news is exciting as all of the games could use a modernization. However, I was kind of hoping they'd all be made "similar" in the sense that gameplay & graphics style would be similar across all three of the games. It just sounds like they are modernizing each game in their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Aww Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer was strangely addicting for something so repetitive. Would have been nice to do it again.
    ME3MP is still active, even 8 years later.

Looking forward to it if it's priced decently. I bought none of the ME2 or ME3 DLC so it's a bunch of new content and it's always a fun game to play through again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Anthem was a complete bomb, so I think yes, it's definitely management at Bioware trying to put something out to keep EA from taking them out back.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    More like it's the latest fad to get AAA $$ from old titles for a fraction of the cost.

You can bet it will be re-remastered 15 years down the road or some such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ME 1 could use some UI enhancements (and possibly some mild updates to gameplay, don't go overboard though).
    I, for one, would absolutely not mind if they would outright change the whole combat system to that of ME2 or ME3. ME1 combat and archetypes are nothing to write home about, IMO it's ME2 that really brought great combat with it and further improved in ME3 and Andromeda.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I know people are spitting at mention of Andromeda, but its combat, IMO, was the best ME combat there was. Its real issue was that the story was flat - it had potential, but it was very muted and it did not have the grandeur of ME1 to jumpstart another trilogy. They really should have conjured another Citadel there or some such.

Eh no, bioware, no way I am buying any of your games since me3 ending fiasco you've made just to torment your fanbase and for lulz.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I will pick it up after I see some reviews and find out it isn't a dumpster fire. Standard procedure when it comes to remakes/remasters of games I want to pay for and play but have come to realize its usually.. well.. a dumpster fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    P.S. I know people are spitting at mention of Andromeda, but its combat, IMO, was the best ME combat there was.
    100% this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

on the topic of mako controls from the previous page.

Easily fix'd with mods!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    ME3MP is still active, even 8 years later.
    Yep and there is communities that play with mods, for example this.

Since there is no ban waves, well you can't be sure. Modders took matters to thier hands.

I, for one, would absolutely not mind if they would outright change the whole combat system to that of ME2 or ME3. ME1 combat and archetypes are nothing to write home about, IMO it's ME2 that really brought great combat with it and further improved in ME3 and Andromeda.
    I could go either way on that - I'd prefer each of the games retained their distinctions so they still feel different. But I would understand ME1's systems being replaced, it was sort of halfway between KOTOR and the rest of the ME series and it was often clunky. Personally I like ME2's system better than ME3 overall despite some improvements it made.

In my ideal world they'd take ME1 and polish it up, make some minor changes but not unify it entirely with the other two. It's okay if it still isn't as good as ME2's combat, because ME1 was less action-focused. Just some QOL improvements.

Come to think of it, keep all the vehicle sections intact, just improve the physics and level design a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more curious about them confirming work on sequel.

Also, I sure hope they will remaster ME3 ending REAL GOOD.
    Boy oh boy will you see those colored like in high resolution now

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    hehe, yep.

they are not changing the ending. they did as much to the ending as they were willing to.

honestly though this remaster is aimed at either hardcore fans who want all three games in convenient full package, or players who missed out on the games when they first came out.

for me though.... its not enough to pay, AGAIN - just to not have to fire up ME1 and ME2 through steam. I'll just play it through steam if the urge to replay it strikes me again. it still runs just fine, so.. no skin of my back.

P.S. as far as issues with ME3. there were exactly 3 storylines that I enjoyed in it with absolutely NO reservations or caveats. Salarian/Krogan arc, Grissom academy and Jack's growth and little side story a lot of people probably missed as you get bits and pieces of it if you keep visiting the hospital - lets just say its Joker related. music was good. combat was... fine... I prefer ME2 and ME1 (yes, I said it - mainly cause those allowed me to pause and reposition as needed) everything else..... honestly? I found to be varying degrees of shoddy. the ending was the final straw that broke the camel's back so to speak, but I've been having issues with narrative and its execution as well as characterization of a LOT of returning characters and Shepard's relationship with them - through out the game. and the thing is.... I've played or watched questionable narratives before and enjoyed them wholeheartedly. it was much easier to suspend disbelief there. heck ME2 has its own share of narrative issues, but it was easier to skim past them, because overall it was good. ME3.... façade kept cracking for me and I just couldn't relax into the narrative enough to ignore all the little issues that kept adding up... and adding up... and adding up.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-11-09 at 04:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    But maybe there will be a PURPLE ending! I love purple, so exciting!