Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
42
50
... LastLast
  1. #781
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's not true, I did everything I could find and didn't get to 30, which is the cap in MELE. I probably missed a couple of things and passed on 2 missions for RP reasons but they were very minor. Explored every planet I could find and kept picking up those writings and medallions and stuff well past the quest caps.

    You definitely get more than enough ability points, which they frontload, you get a ton of points for the first few levels and then it steadies out at 2 per level.
    Other than removing the hard cap at 50, and the nerf to exp from killing things in the Mako being removed, Bioware didn't do anything else to XP rates or the amount of it in the game.

    To hit both 30 and 60 in MELE you need the same amount of exp on both respective settings, only difference is how long you go in between each individual level-up in the game, and how many skill points you get at which point, but the underlying experience points is the same on both.

    There's about a 100-150k exp too little to go around in the whole game to actually hit the level cap in one save, unless you do shit like abusing the mining laser on Therum to glitch for more exp, but if you do that you may as well edit the save file directly.

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's not true, I did everything I could find and didn't get to 30, which is the cap in MELE. I probably missed a couple of things and passed on 2 missions for RP reasons but they were very minor. Explored every planet I could find and kept picking up those writings and medallions and stuff well past the quest caps.
    That's right, I meant in the classic version. It had roughly double the levels with 50 being what you make if you do most sidequests (I think you can switch that mode on in the options), the Legendary edition has it cut down.

  3. #783
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Going to use to check if the import bugs are still there (like Conrad remembering gun instead of Paragon option, for example).
    This bug still exists, but Conrad will apologize for it in ME3.

  4. #784
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    Question for those who have played the ME1 part. Do you still get achieves with weapons so you unlock them on other classes? Like getting assault rifle achi on soldier then make a sentinel with bonus skill for assault rifles?
    Achievements are just points and unlock nothing. In fact some achievements are gone, like the million credit achievement, and so you can get the spectre weapons as soon as you have credits for them, no level requirement. But I'm almost positive now since I'm on my second playthrough that they locked level 10 spectre gear behind all 4 main story planets, regardless of whatever level you are. All classes can use any weapons, and i'm pretty sure there is no RNG anymore with guns, which kinda flips it from soldier being basically the best class to kinda middle of pack imo.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-05-26 at 11:16 PM.

  5. #785
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    This bug still exists, but Conrad will apologize for it in ME3.
    They might have left the bug in due the fact that ME3 Conrad was written around the ME2 bug.

    If they fixed the ME2 bug, ME3 Conrad would be talking nonsense in turn, and I doubt they could re-record his dialogue for this.

  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Achievements are just points and unlock nothing. In fact some achievements are gone, like the million credit achievement, and so you can get the spectre weapons as soon as you have credits for them, no level requirement. But I'm almost positive now since I'm on my second playthrough that they locked level 10 spectre gear behind all 4 main story planets, regardless of whatever level you are. All classes can use any weapons, and i'm pretty sure there is no RNG anymore with guns, which kinda flips it from soldier being basically the best class to kinda middle of pack imo.
    Being fair, being able to use a gun doesn't mean you'll do well with it. As an Adept, switching to rifles or snipers was always much less effective than the pistol I specced into. I was however kinda surprised at how damaging the squadmates could be, Garrus especially. I handed him the strongest sniper rifles and while he could never hit foes in cover, once I lifted them off the man tore through them in two shots, and was capable of shredding Krogans before they even reached me. That was mostly at higher levels, but still welcome. And yeah, I got the Spectre weapons at the shop upon completing all 4 main story quests, even if I was a millionaire way before that. I also couldn't find decent light armor to save my life which annoyed me.

    Also, holy cow the graphical upgrade from ME1 to ME2 is significant. I think a lot of it comes down to the lighting, ME1 has little of it and thus a lot of environments end up looking lifeless and sterile. ME2 has far better, moodier lighting which helps Omega alone have a far better atmosphere than all of ME1 combined. That and better animations combine to make the game not quite look its age. And while the combat is still not perfect at all, at least the shooting isn't dogshit anymore.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  7. #787
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Being fair, being able to use a gun doesn't mean you'll do well with it. As an Adept, switching to rifles or snipers was always much less effective than the pistol I specced into. I was however kinda surprised at how damaging the squadmates could be, Garrus especially. I handed him the strongest sniper rifles and while he could never hit foes in cover, once I lifted them off the man tore through them in two shots, and was capable of shredding Krogans before they even reached me. That was mostly at higher levels, but still welcome. And yeah, I got the Spectre weapons at the shop upon completing all 4 main story quests, even if I was a millionaire way before that. I also couldn't find decent light armor to save my life which annoyed me.

    Also, holy cow the graphical upgrade from ME1 to ME2 is significant. I think a lot of it comes down to the lighting, ME1 has little of it and thus a lot of environments end up looking lifeless and sterile. ME2 has far better, moodier lighting which helps Omega alone have a far better atmosphere than all of ME1 combined. That and better animations combine to make the game not quite look its age. And while the combat is still not perfect at all, at least the shooting isn't dogshit anymore.
    I think you miss my point. OG ME1, insanity, you are, specifically and especially for the first chunk of the game, entirely self reliant, cause AI partners are mess. Later game it becomes easy but early not being limited to gun type was a big boon, so soldier was arguably best class. Now your not limited to gun type, and AI isn't crap. I mean insanity was REALLY hard early game, now, not so much, due to many factors, which changes up things on which class is best. They really did their best to streamline combat so going from ME1 to ME2 isn't so jarring. But the streamlining does make change up the class rankings.

  8. #788
    Solider still the best in ME1, simply because it maintains the ability to face tank the entire game lol. Kinda like sentinel in ME2, where its next to impossible to die even on insanity, i can just run in there and melee stuff. But the gun change in ME1 is great, i can run the entire series easily on insanity with the same class and not have an annoying time because soldier can do it eye closed and i wanted to play canon as something else.

  9. #789
    I had a weird bug with Spectre weapons - when I got access I had no money, but when I had money - there were no Spectre weapons on sale. Not that I needed them by that time.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  10. #790
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I had a weird bug with Spectre weapons - when I got access I had no money, but when I had money - there were no Spectre weapons on sale. Not that I needed them by that time.
    Known bug, can be fixed by a mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  11. #791
    Finally finished my first ever ME1 playthrough (LE). Not sure if I'll ever play it again because some of the sections were absolutely horrible (Noveria easily the worst). I had to turn up the brightness to see where the fuck I was going in parts of Feros and it was buggy as hell. I had to redo the intro to Virmire 4 times because either it crashed or the Mako randomly flipped upside down forcing me to have to reload a save. I really enjoyed Ilos though. Loved the art design with those old seated statues dotted around the place, like something from a Beksinki painting (my avatar). Maybe I'll look up ways to race through the shitty parts if I ever play it again.

    Not sure if it's a bug but I imported my ME1 save into ME2 and started with 999999 credits, not that I'm complaining

  12. #792
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,754
    Anyone knowledgeable about the final mission on ME2? Got a question.

    Kasumi died. I used her as the specialist in the first section of the collector base because I KNOW it worked in previous playthroughs before the remaster. Squad full loyalty, Second team lead was Samara, squad was Miranda and Mordin. What did I fuck up this time? Newest manual save was several missions ago, so poor Kasumi is perma-dead in this playthrough, but I still wanna know what I did wrong for future attempts.

  13. #793
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Finally finished my first ever ME1 playthrough (LE). Not sure if I'll ever play it again because some of the sections were absolutely horrible (Noveria easily the worst). I had to turn up the brightness to see where the fuck I was going in parts of Feros and it was buggy as hell. I had to redo the intro to Virmire 4 times because either it crashed or the Mako randomly flipped upside down forcing me to have to reload a save. I really enjoyed Ilos though. Loved the art design with those old seated statues dotted around the place, like something from a Beksinki painting (my avatar). Maybe I'll look up ways to race through the shitty parts if I ever play it again.

    Not sure if it's a bug but I imported my ME1 save into ME2 and started with 999999 credits, not that I'm complaining
    It's not a bug, they changed some of the import bonuses to now be 10% of your money in ME1, once you get to the Normandy there's a new mail about just that on the terminal that weren't in the original ME2.

  14. #794
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone knowledgeable about the final mission on ME2? Got a question.

    Kasumi died. I used her as the specialist in the first section of the collector base because I KNOW it worked in previous playthroughs before the remaster. Squad full loyalty, Second team lead was Samara, squad was Miranda and Mordin. What did I fuck up this time? Newest manual save was several missions ago, so poor Kasumi is perma-dead in this playthrough, but I still wanna know what I did wrong for future attempts.
    You basically have to do it right after the ambush. Otherwise she should have been fine.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  15. #795
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone knowledgeable about the final mission on ME2? Got a question.

    Kasumi died. I used her as the specialist in the first section of the collector base because I KNOW it worked in previous playthroughs before the remaster. Squad full loyalty, Second team lead was Samara, squad was Miranda and Mordin. What did I fuck up this time? Newest manual save was several missions ago, so poor Kasumi is perma-dead in this playthrough, but I still wanna know what I did wrong for future attempts.
    So I am not claiming to be 100 on this so forgive me if it is incorrect.

    But I think where it went wrong was the pick of Samara being the second fire team lead. From what I understand it should be a loyal Miranda, Jacob, or Garrus that leads the fire team along with a loyal Tali, Legion, or Kasumi in the vent. If one of those is incorrect or either is disloyal then the vent specialist dies.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-05-28 at 02:11 AM.

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone knowledgeable about the final mission on ME2? Got a question.

    Kasumi died. I used her as the specialist in the first section of the collector base because I KNOW it worked in previous playthroughs before the remaster. Squad full loyalty, Second team lead was Samara, squad was Miranda and Mordin. What did I fuck up this time? Newest manual save was several missions ago, so poor Kasumi is perma-dead in this playthrough, but I still wanna know what I did wrong for future attempts.
    Samara is a bad team leader and will get someone killed. Viable team leaders are (loyal) Miranda, Jacob and Garrus. Samara is ideal for the Biotic shield portion, just like Jack. And indeed Kasumi works well for the initial portion in the vents, as do Tali and Legion. But she then bit it because Samara isn't a good enough leader to protect her and she's one of the squishy squadmates who die first when that happens.

    Yeah, the Suicide Mission can be tricky like that. Probably intentionally, not much of a suicide mission if you can easily get everyone out alive.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  17. #797
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone knowledgeable about the final mission on ME2? Got a question.

    Kasumi died. I used her as the specialist in the first section of the collector base because I KNOW it worked in previous playthroughs before the remaster. Squad full loyalty, Second team lead was Samara, squad was Miranda and Mordin. What did I fuck up this time? Newest manual save was several missions ago, so poor Kasumi is perma-dead in this playthrough, but I still wanna know what I did wrong for future attempts.
    So far those choices worked for me in several playthroughs, both original ME2 and LE, all characters loyal before grabbing the IFF:
    Vent: Kasumi, Legion or Tali
    Team leader: Garrus, Jacob or Miranda
    Extraction Team: Mordin
    Biotic: Samara for the shield, Jack is better used to clear out the Husks during that segment
    Second Team Leader: Garrus or Jacob
    For the final fight take Miranda and Thane with you, leave the tanks (Grunt, Zaeed, ...) with the second team
    If you take the tanks to the boss fight team members will croack since they can't withstand the assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

  18. #798
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    So I am not claiming to be 100 on this so forgive me if it is incorrect.

    But I think where it went wrong was the pick of Samara being the second fire team lead. From what I understand it should be a loyal Miranda, Jacob, or Garrus that leads the fire team along with a loyal Tali, Legion, or Kasumi in the vent. If one of those is incorrect or either is disloyal then the vent specialist dies.
    Really want to question BioWare on that one. Samara as a bad team lead? The thousand year old asari with hundreds of years of combat and military experience is a bad team leader? The fuck...

  19. #799
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Really want to question BioWare on that one. Samara as a bad team lead? The thousand year old asari with hundreds of years of combat and military experience is a bad team leader? The fuck...
    Being old and experienced doesn't necessarily equate to being good at keeping people alive in a leadership position, it's the same reason why picking Zaeed as a squad leader gets people killed.

  20. #800
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Really want to question BioWare on that one. Samara as a bad team lead? The thousand year old asari with hundreds of years of combat and military experience is a bad team leader? The fuck...
    Samara is an honour-bound member of a religious order, her decisions are more likely to be dogmatic than pragmatic which doesn't necessarily translate well into special-ops squad command.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Being old and experienced doesn't necessarily equate to being good at keeping people alive in a leadership position, it's the same reason why picking Zaeed as a squad leader gets people killed.
    Is there a way to guarantee getting Zaeed killed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •