Page 1 of 51
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mass Effect - Legendary Edition (Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster) Announced

So Bioware announced their remaster of the original Mass Effect trilogy... It will be available in Spring 2021.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Quote Originally Posted by Bioware
    For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!
    Personally I am interested, but probably only going to get it if EA offers a discount for people who already own all the games and DLC. I don't really feel like paying $40-$60 for something I already have just to get some sharper textures and better shaders.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Personally I am interested, but probably only going to get it if EA offers a discount for people who already own all the games and DLC.
    Snrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Mass Effect Cash on Next Gen Edition*
    I will get it for 15-20€ then, finally can play all DLCs since my old Mass Effect Box didnt had all DLCs...

I'm apparently one of the few that enjoyed all three, so I'll grab it. Looks like it's getting the treatment I would like to have seen for several older games - same game on a modern engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

This is my favorite announcement on the citadel

So Bioware announced their remaster of the original Mass Effect trilogy... It will be available in Spring 2021.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Personally I am interested, but probably only going to get it if EA offers a discount for people who already own all the games and DLC. I don't really feel like paying $40-$60 for something I already have just to get some sharper textures and better shaders.
    You know there are ways to get the game much cheaper if its from a developer or publisher that do anti-consumer stuff?

Hopefully it's more than just better textures (aka Nexus Mods-edition).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

So Bioware announced their remaster of the original Mass Effect trilogy
    YEEESSSS

It will be available in Spring 2021
    Ahhh fuck

a remaster with ea over you ? lol it will pure shit, ea asking them to rushing it to sell it quickly probably ;p

remember warcraft 3 reforged ? that what will happpens here

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    "legendary edition" lol...
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    a remaster with ea over you ? lol it will pure shit, ea asking them to rushing it to sell it quickly probably ;p

remember warcraft 3 reforged ? that what will happpens here
    Uhh its not a Remake which is what you are suggesting (WC3 was a Remake) this is a Remaster, the base game is not being touched, only the visual elements.

I do hope they update Mass Effect 1 to at least have the same controls as Mass Effect 2, Mass 1 has some horrible controls.

If all they are doing is updating the graphics I certainly won't be buying it. The old graphics were more than decent enough. I see no reason to fork out more money for some slightly improved looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Uhh its not a Remake which is what you are suggesting (WC3 was a Remake) this is a Remaster, the base game is not being touched, only the visual elements.

I do hope they update Mass Effect 1 to at least have the same controls as Mass Effect 2, Mass 1 has some horrible controls.
    Or at least a change to femshep so she's consistent in all 3 games

Kinda wish they also did this for DA:O though, boy does the combat does NOT hold up

Man Warcraft III Reforged has really left some people feeling burned. Loved the games definitely going to pick this up in the spring.

Kind of mixed. Was only able to push through ME1 once. The other two I got multiple plays. Perhaps if on a sale for a play through before the upcoming one drops.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Ahhh fuck
    Why is this bad? Spring 2021 is not that far away.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to exploit my position of authority to engage in sexual relationships with my underlings.

... I mean... I can't wait to explore the galaxy again!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disapointed there will be no multiplayer.

GREAT NEWS! Finally a bundle contains every DLC!

Love the Mass Effect trilogy, so I was stoked the first time I heard rumors of a trilogy remake.

I was however hoping they'd put in a little more effort than simply updated graphics and at least update the gameplay of the first game a bit to put it at the level of ME:2 and ME:3.

Will probably get it eventually when it's reasonably priced during a sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*