Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I really liked the ME3 MP but let's not forget that it was blatently Pay to win with the best classes and Weapons all locked in Lootboxes with pretty low drop chances and a big grind attached to getting them for just playing.
    It was only fun for me back then because i was in a game with a cheater, after the game i suddenly had a few hundred thousand credits (or whatever the currency was to buy the packs) and since Bioware didn't care i bought a shitton of packs and unlocked a lot.

I hope that if they bring it back it will be with everything unlocked or, even better, with a level up system and guaranteed unlocks every level, but knowing EA, i doubt that.
    It is the game that pioneered modern lootbox outside of Fifa. There is no way they'll bring it back without those.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Having game logic that impacts overall combat balance tied to frame rate like that is pretty broken, but good for you if you enjoy that, if bioware didn't get around to sorting it out for ME3LE.
    On a purely theoretical basis, sure. But when it comes to games like ME3, where the AI was so slow and stupid it made me want to rip my hair off, a minor improvement in its reaction times is welcome, so much so I assumed it was an improvement, plus I suppose it applies to your squad mates too. Felt that was at least, they seemed more reactive when not micromanaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I really liked the ME3 MP but let's not forget that it was blatently Pay to win with the best classes and Weapons all locked in Lootboxes with pretty low drop chances and a big grind attached to getting them for just playing.
    It was only fun for me back then because i was in a game with a cheater, after the game i suddenly had a few hundred thousand credits (or whatever the currency was to buy the packs) and since Bioware didn't care i bought a shitton of packs and unlocked a lot.

I hope that if they bring it back it will be with everything unlocked or, even better, with a level up system and guaranteed unlocks every level, but knowing EA, i doubt that.
    Andromeda had a busted loot system, that was with or without loot boxes because it was just poorly designed. I don't remember having a problem with ME3s system at all.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

While I would not say that I'm a fan of loot-boxes I think the reward/time spent ratio was fairly generous in ME3 (relatively speaking).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is the game that pioneered modern lootbox outside of Fifa. There is no way they'll bring it back without those.
    FIFA has a bad shop - that franchises issues has a much to do with EA's management as it does with the leagues cashing in on, though. Same can be said about Madden to a lesser degree but Madden's shop isn't as bad. Die-hard Madden fans don't mind a decent portion of it. Apex's shop? Fine. Battlefront? Fine. Battlefield? Fine. Knockout City - it should be a free game for everyone but its shop is also fine. EA didn't chop the trilogy into the little pieces, steal someone mod, then make us buy each remaster at full price minus the DLC. EA is no where near the top of best gaming companies but I also think the 'EA is the devil' meme is taken too seriously.

IF the do end up releasing the MP, they'll mostly implement a shop similar to their current shooters if only to save time, or tie everything to progression (which still wouldn't too different from Battlefront)

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Love it. Sadly i chose adept for ME1.... damn these powers are nearly impossible to aim... should have taken soldier.

Can't remeber if i can change my job when taking my safegame to ME2
    Yes, in ME1 the focussed "magic"-classes are not a great pick, the main way to fight is shooting and the powers are only supporting. The only really good biotic power is Barrier, makes you nearly invulnerable (except against enemies that bypass shields and barriers).

I played a Vanguard and it was pretty pointless to level the offensive biotic powers, just went for suvivability and weapon damage and I was fine even on Hardcore.

But yes, you can switch your class when importing a safe, so no worries. At least between 1 and 2, I think it wasn't possible between 2 and 3.

However, Adept is great starting from ME2 on so you might not want to. The Biotic Combos you can set up are super fun and I really liked "curving" the biotics behind cover to catch something with pull and then knock them up into the air with throw for an instant kill.

Combat alltogether picks up a lot when going from 1 to 2 and gets even better in 3. I would also suggest to play on a decent difficulty. Playing on Easy or so makes most decision moot. Starting from 2 using your squads abilities tactically to strip defensives is very rewarding and allows for some great fun, it gets even better when you can do actual detonation combos in 3.

I always thought the Adept, the biotic powers, trivialised a lot of encounters in ME1. And with the introduction of shields/armor blocking biotic effects in ME2 I felt that the archetype became weaker.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    decided to try it out, despite the negative things i heard, and it isnt bad imho. the technical problems are less jarring to me (small fov, etc.) then i anticipated.

im currently working my way through ME1 and i have a couple of questions:

- it feels like im getting waaaaayy too many skillpoints. i have maxed almost everything i care about and justs filling in the other stuff. is that an LE thing or was the original like this as well?
    There is no level cap, so you will get quite over leveled if you do everything. In the original I think the game was tuned to finish it at level 30 with all sidequests getting you to 50, so yeah, you will get a lot of points.

- can i tell my companions to never use specific weapons? i had tali switch to shotgun during long distance firefights a couple of times and it get annoying to manually change it back every thime. can i "remove" the shotgun from her inventory?
    Sadly, the AI in ME1 is horrendous and nearly uncontrollable. The amount of times I was aiming at an enemy and Garrus just decided he would run into my sights and block my view was uncountable. Not to mention squishy teammates just running into the line of fire... There is little you can do but ignore them. You don't really need them anyway. The tactical playstyle that requires the use of companion powers starts off in ME2.

- is it worth going around scanning planets and landing, getting resouces etc? feels like a slog
    Nah, forget the whole "collect 500 Asari writings" and "Salarian dogtags", you don't need the exp and they have no consequence whatsoever. Just do the real sidequests, those usually pay off in some way in ME2 or 3 and many have a cool story behind them or introduce characters that will later recognize you.

- do the weapons and equip get interesting at all? those upgrades look super boring
    Not really, it's pretty typical RPG stuff. Damage Bonus, apply Dots, Health regen, nothing fancy. In ME2 those are pretty much removed and you get special ammo as an ability. Vanguard f.e. get Incendiary Ammo that you just activate or deactivate. Once leveled you will unlock the option to give all squadmates that ammo.

the story seems fine, the gameplay is tolerable so will continue, but i hope ME2 is better, as many people told me.
    Yes, ME1 is not really famous for it's gameplay The story is the stuff. Of course, these days we are used to having branching stories and decisions matter, but ME1 was one of the first games to do it to this degree.
    And people are right, ME2 improves on the gameplay a lot while keeping the great story, so it is definately worth doing a run of 1 even if you never touch it again. You could of course go to 2 immediatedly and use the motion comic to lock in the important decisions, but it's a big difference to actually meet characters later again that you know from 1 or to read about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I always thought the Adept, the biotic powers, trivialised a lot of encounters in ME1. And with the introduction of shields/armor blocking biotic effects in ME2 I felt that the archetype became weaker.
    I wouldn't say weaker, it's more balanced. Adepts can easily one-shot unprotected enemies with a combo, so there needs to be some difficulty to it. The idea is that you combine your squads powers to take down enemies, something that rarely was necessary (or possible) in ME1.

As an Adept you want a Tech class with you best an Engineer or Infiltrator since you have no way to deal with Shields, then you likely want something to Tank hits like a Soldier or Vangaurd, who keep the enemy busy while you strip down their defensives and when all are gone your throw them around like a ragdol with your biotics. It's a very tactical combat system. Huge improvement from ME1.

IF you want to skip 1 because you played it too often (like me) using the savegame mod is way better then just the interactive comic. https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect...dition/mods/20
    If you never played ME than start at 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

High leveled Adept was OP in ME. It has enough biotic powers with low enough CD to keep every enemy CC'd and do damage simultaneously.

In ME2 they went to the other extreme end: every enemy has shields/barrier/armor (or multiple layers of them) making them immune to all powers except the one specific one that counters the protection, significantly weakening Adept.

ME3 stroke good balance: basic mooks no longer have extra HP-bar protections, so powers work on them again, and Adept feels powerful once more. Nothing beats Vanguard in that game though.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2021-05-26 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    High leveled Adept was OP in ME. It has enough biotic powers with low enough CD to keep every enemy CC'd and do damage simultaneously.

In ME2 they went to the other extreme end: every enemy has shields/barrier/armor (or multiple layers of them) making them immune to all powers except the one specific one that counted the protection, significantly weakening Adept.

ME3 stroke good balance: basic mooks no longer have extra HP-bar protections, so powers work on them again, and Adept feels powerful once more. Nothing beats Vanguard in that game though.
    Yeah, I agree. ME3 felt fairly balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There's a rumor that MP plans will be announced at EAs upcoming press event. Taking the rumors with a lot of salt...but there hope.
    I highly doubt they will do it. If they will, probably it will be F2P with microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    IF you want to skip 1 because you played it too often (like me) using the savegame mod is way better then just the interactive comic. https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect...dition/mods/20
    If you never played ME than start at 1.
    Going to use to check if the import bugs are still there (like Conrad remembering gun instead of Paragon option, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I highly doubt they will do it. If they will, probably it will be F2P with microtransactions.
    Well, it would be like how it used to be. F2P with loot crates.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, it would be like how it used to be. F2P with loot crates.
    It'd be an addition to the Trilogy, likely. And of course it would have loot crates, the original version could be argued to have been the game that brought RNG loot boxes to non-MMO's/AAA games in a big way. Everyone screamed to high hell about them and complained and threw tantrums, but this was the end result -

"I've seen people literally spend $15,000 on Mass Effect multiplayer cards."

Playing at Insanity, Adept is much more powerful in ME1 IMO. Once you have Singularity and Lift leveled a bit, very little can stop you. Even Krogans or Geth Primes can get lifted and riddled with bullets at your leisure. In ME2 every single enemy having barriers/armor/shields made power classes very dependent on defense stripping and squadmate power use. Good use of biotic combos mitigates this somewhat, but it's still such a slog to deal with enemies like Ymir mechs as a biotic.

Or you can do the right thing, roll Vanguard from ME2 onwards and make the galaxy your biotic punching bag.

ME3 perfected the formula, where smaller enemies had no defense and you could very easily chain combos yourself, allowing power classes to more easily deal with defenses they don't hard counter (shields for biotics, barriers for tech). In general due to this, the wide variety of weapons, being able to dodge roll and a general rebalance of enemies, ME3 has the best gameplay and balance by a large factor and every build can be fun and useful, where ME1 privileges powers and ME2 privileges weapons.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    There is no level cap, so you will get quite over leveled if you do everything. In the original I think the game was tuned to finish it at level 30 with all sidequests getting you to 50, so yeah, you will get a lot of points. .
    That's not true, I did everything I could find and didn't get to 30, which is the cap in MELE. I probably missed a couple of things and passed on 2 missions for RP reasons but they were very minor. Explored every planet I could find and kept picking up those writings and medallions and stuff well past the quest caps.

You definitely get more than enough ability points, which they frontload, you get a ton of points for the first few levels and then it steadies out at 2 per level.

Question for those who have played the ME1 part. Do you still get achieves with weapons so you unlock them on other classes? Like getting assault rifle achi on soldier then make a sentinel with bonus skill for assault rifles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's not true, I did everything I could find and didn't get to 30, which is the cap in MELE. I probably missed a couple of things and passed on 2 missions for RP reasons but they were very minor. Explored every planet I could find and kept picking up those writings and medallions and stuff well past the quest caps.

You definitely get more than enough ability points, which they frontload, you get a ton of points for the first few levels and then it steadies out at 2 per level.
    Other than removing the hard cap at 50, and the nerf to exp from killing things in the Mako being removed, Bioware didn't do anything else to XP rates or the amount of it in the game.

To hit both 30 and 60 in MELE you need the same amount of exp on both respective settings, only difference is how long you go in between each individual level-up in the game, and how many skill points you get at which point, but the underlying experience points is the same on both.

There's about a 100-150k exp too little to go around in the whole game to actually hit the level cap in one save, unless you do shit like abusing the mining laser on Therum to glitch for more exp, but if you do that you may as well edit the save file directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's right, I meant in the classic version. It had roughly double the levels with 50 being what you make if you do most sidequests (I think you can switch that mode on in the options), the Legendary edition has it cut down.