Help for Dungeon Levelling

Hey guys. I played a bunch of classics when it released, and got to level 35. I quested through a bunch of zones and I ran every single dungeon I could with no problem finding a group. The last time I logged off was outside of SM, with dozens of people looking for groups.

I took about 7 months off, played some new games, and decided that I'd be returning to continue my classic adventure this week. So I log in at primetime on a Friday night and SM is completely empty. I didn't think much of it at the time, so I hearthed to Stormwind and tried to find a group there. I tried forming a group in general chat and trade chat for almost 2 hours before calling it quits. The only instances I saw people spamming LFG for were Scholomance, BRD, and MC.

Thanks!
    Last edited by prabhu; 2020-11-11 at 06:08 PM.

Most people are done lvling their characters compared to the first time you played, the majority of the lower lvls now are people lvling alts, and doing that mostly through sold dungeon boosts. Which makes genuine dungeon grps scarce. Also we awaiting Naxxramas release 3rd December.

I would imagine in your server there is a global LFG channel you can join, it has been quite helpful when trying to form groups. Having said that, the reality is that some dungeons are not popular at all so it will be very difficult to get groups for them. Another option is to try and join a big and/or helpful guild, you might get some help from there.

All in all though, with Nax releasing next month, a lot of people are already talking about TBC and retail, at least from what I can see on my server, so levelling via unpopular dungeons might me an uphill struggle. Good luck either way

Edit: your server might also have a Discord channel, you might have some luck there even though again, at this stage, they seem to be mostly about raids

1. Friday is not even close to be 'prime time'.
    2. Leveling has changed alot since beginning of Classic.
    3. Are you on low or high populated server?
    4. Not sure what are you talking about 'awaiting for BWL release'... it is up for almost year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    1. Friday is not even close to be 'prime time'.
    It is mate, thank Corona. Lockdowns everywhere again.

Um. Copypasta?

BWL has been out for freaking ages. This a case of "Read the title but sod the first post"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It is mate, thank Corona. Lockdowns everywhere again.
    Prime time is always reset day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Prime time is always reset day.
    There is always a weekly prime time (Wednesdays EU) and a daily one. 19-21ish. Which is stronger during weekends esp. with corona and lockdowns nr2 hitting the world. I can't even find farm spots on my OSRS Leagues character. Literally dozens of players everywhere. Normal worlds are more occupied too during weekends vs other days.

it's all open here no Lockdown :'(

I can’t imagine doing gnomer to 38. I did it yesterday at 33 and the exp was pretty terrible. Half of the thing is lvl 25-28 mobs

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
    Last edited by jeokaleo; 2020-11-23 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
    Hey guys. I played a bunch of classics when it released, and got to level 35. I quested through a bunch of zones and I ran every single dungeon I could with no problem finding a group. The last time I logged off was outside of SM, with dozens of people looking for groups.

I took about 7 months off, played some new games, and decided that I'd be returning to continue my classic adventure this week. So I log in at primetime on a Friday night and SM is completely empty. I didn't think much of it at the time, so I hearthed to Stormwind and tried to find a group there. I tried forming a group in general chat and trade chat for almost 2 hours before calling it quits. The only instances I saw people spamming LFG for were Scholomance, BRD, and MC.

Thanks!
    Most people are just done leveling and are at this point just raid logging or farming gold. It is very likely that TBC classic might be announced soon, so everyone is holding out until then for leveling new characters too, because the lvling is much faster in TBC + many people might want to play draenei or belfs.

It is also being speculated that with TBC we will also soon enough see fresh classic servers, so some are waiting for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    everyone is holding out until then for leveling new characters too, because the lvling is much faster in TBC + many people might want to play draenei or belfs.
    This is me, I'm actually waiting to play a BE hunter and a Draenei Shaman so I've not made any new characters in a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    It has more to do with even in vanilla people didn't really dungeon spam the lower level dungeons. What you're seeing now with Scholo, MC, BRD, and Strat are what was spammed back in vanilla too. Hell even Dire Maul was ran for Princess runs because the gear was that good.

Leveling dungeons are dead. People leveling their alts are just paying for boosts now.
    It took me four afternoons of spamming world / LFG / general chats to find a legit SM group. And I'm in the highest populated server in my region.
    But it's normal.
    Last edited by EtRnitY; 2021-02-10 at 06:07 AM.