So,Lor'themar's into dark skin foreigners.Its as bad as the Windrunner human fetish?

So why is there so much hate/cringe for the Windrunners going with humans, but not Lor'themar with nightborne? What is it with these Thalassians and foreign beauty?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-08 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

It's really more that she fell for him. To quote their race's /flirts...

"I've been trapped in a bubble with the same guys for 10,000 years. You could say I'm ready for a little... variety."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    So why is there so much hate/cringe for the Windrunners going with humans, but not Lor'themar with nightborne? What is it with these Thalassians and foreign beauty?
    people are just meme-ing it.
    and you are getting meme'd as well.
    everything is a meme when it comes to humans and their potential.

or it could be that human males provide something more satisfying than males of the elven race.
    Last edited by CheckThyself; 2020-11-08 at 05:42 PM.

Because it's 3 of them and they happen to be sisters. And they're human but all with unnatural lifespans (undead included). Lor'themar is one - It's not like all of the belf males suddenly fall in love with nightborne girls.

They don't hate the Windrunners for falling in love with humans, they hate Alleria and Vereesa for not bending over to the Horde. But since it's hard to find arguments against their political position, they usually just resort to belittling their genuine love for objectively handsome guys.

That or maybe they are just sad simps who are jealous of how hot Turalyon and Rhonin are, and how they absolutely can't compare.

In reality normal people don't give a shit that these elven women fell in love with human guys. It is a fairly common fantasy trope and it is developed storywise, it's not like it's random.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-08 at 05:49 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Elf/human relations is a very overused trope compared to different elf races mixing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Blood elves and Nightborne are the same Species so biologically it makes sense. Skin color has nothing to do with it. Humans are a totally different species that elves have issues breeding with and only live 70+ years. Elves can live 5000+

10+ Year Old Account
    Well she was a mana addict before so maybe that's a turn on for him? Considering how the Blood Elves were having their own problems with their hunger after all. Oh and how she helped set up and establish a resistance to overthrow an evil despot probably got his engine going. Also I guess most Blood Elves aren't very poetic going by their short story?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's really more that she fell for him. To quote their race's /flirts...

"I've been trapped in a bubble with the same guys for 10,000 years. You could say I'm ready for a little... variety."
    So yet another elf?

Oh no you just reminded me we have another race that is historically 10,000 years old and did nothing of note for those 10000 years.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

i find it annoying he was suppose to have feelings for Lady Liadrin and now suddenly he is interested in someone else.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i find it annoying he was suppose to have feelings for Lady Liadrin and now suddenly he is interested in someone else.
    I find it impressive that you can't imagine someone changing interests.

Like, it happens all the time.

Liadrin is so boring compared to Thalyssra.

P.S. Nightborne are dark, exotic and sexy (not pretty). I would dare to say, more interesting then Belfs ever since they pushed them into the whole light/redemption scheme.

Belfs were so much more interesting when they were edgy.

there is a lot of hate for lor'themar for being into thalyssra but it was kind of buried by the addition of actual dark skin blood elves.

a lot (the majority) of hardcore blood elf fans are racist. this is because the race was introduced as a fascist aryan police state heavily based on nazi germany. oh you may think i'm exaggerating but it's not even subtle.

entire nation of beautiful blonde immortals with magical glowing eyes. a nation destroyed by a war attempting to regain prosperity and rebuild by any means necessary, blaming their misfortunes entirely on other races, using forced re-education to silence political dissidents, ruled over by a supreme dictator who is actually evil, a huge focus on nationalism to the point they rebrand themselves as "blood" elves and despise and exile those who don't get on board with the new regime, etc. the list only goes on from here and i'm sorry to say that while the burning crusade eventually attempted to redeem and progress the blood elves by the draenei and velen restarting the sunwell for them, the blood elf fans glossed over this little detail to focus on the parts of the race they liked, namely that its an aryan fascist fantasy.

now nightborne do get some appreciation from the blood elf fans mostly due to them being written as sycophants to the blood elves. you'll notice that in the lore, nightborne have precisely nothing to offer the blood elves despite having a hyper advanced prosperous magical kingdom that the ruins of quel'thalas could only dream of. the only thing nightborne contribute to the horde is "slightly better portals" which function like normal portals. meanwhile, blood elves are firmly established as the superior or "master" race, shown to be the ones guiding the backward, primitive dark skinned elves with their superior magic and ideological fascism. thalyssra falls madly in love with lor'themar over pretty much nothing. it's a wish fulfilment fantasy for these white supremacists who play blood elves.

this is not a mistake or oversight by blizzard. they know what appeals to blood elf fans and they're one of the easiest groups to write for. it's really, really predictable what will trigger blood elf fans. dark skinned blood elves? that breaks with the aryan fantasy, so they'll spend weeks arguing that pretend elves CANNOT and MUST NOT have non-white skin. alliance high elves? that potentially undermines their nationalistic fantasy, so they'll spend literal years whining and crying that alliance high elves are too few to matter despite being featured throughout multiple wow expansions with more focus on them than half of the playable alliance races.

its a sad state of affairs. i think blizzard wants to break away from the toxic blood elf fandom they've created, hence the addition of dark skinned blood elves, but blood elf fans are really really terrible people. and they won't give up their aryan fantasy without a fight. even lor'themar dating a white high elf wouldn't be satisfying to them - unless she was essentially a sex slave who disavowed her high elf identity and worked to destroy the high elven culture. this is just the kind of people blood elf lore attracts.

go ahead infract me. you know i'm right.

- - - Updated - - -

case in point

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-11-08 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    its a sad state of affairs. i think blizzard wants to break away from the toxic blood elf fandom they've created, hence the addition of dark skinned blood elves, but blood elf fans are really really terrible people. and they won't give up their aryan fantasy without a fight. even lor'themar dating a white high elf wouldn't be satisfying to them - unless she was essentially a sex slave who disavowed her high elf identity and worked to destroy the high elven culture. this is just the kind of people blood elf lore attracts.
    Tbf I think only a very small part of the BE fandom is into this sort of angle. It's kind of weird given it's never been stressed much, the baddies were overthrown, and Lor'themar has always seemed utterly reasonable and normal.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I find it impressive that you can't imagine someone changing interests.

Like, it happens all the time.
    I find it impressive that there was anyone who actually cared about Liadrin as a character, given she's had very little significance to the story since she and her Blood Elf friends captured a Naaru and sucked it so dry that he dun inverted to a creature of the void.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    -snip-
    I'm honestly not even sure how to react to this, other than we need to get rid of all the white races in WoW because apparently everything is racist.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This didn't start well, and I don't see it going anywhere constructive. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead