Thread: Hades!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Game of the year ez.

Think I spent a few weeks playing it non stop so yeah damn right hades

I was so much on the edge whether or not buy it, but I did finally buy it. What a good choice that was.

Not sure of the end game grind yet, though. I have spent time getting trough with all of the weapons rather than adding in any heat and thus not too much bloods on the weapons. Not sure what I do once I go trough with the last one (the fists).

Still, I'm already at ~25h played and paid 16.5€ (i think) when it was on sale. Without sale its 20€ right? So if you look at the played/money spent, it is likely worth it.

If the heat grind sucks, I'll probably put on god mode and merely see the story trough.

And Cerberus is a good boy!

Heat grind aint that bad..once you learn a few really good builds you can actually blast through a lot of em. favorite so far is Posidon Attack+Posidon Zeus Duo Boon with the Lucifer aspect adding in the infinite ammo buff.

The bow is crazy strong with the right build.
    Loving this game so far.

Only got out once so far. Working on getting out with the grenade launcher atm

Originally I thought the bow was a weak weapon. Yet, I soon learned that it was indeed really good... with right build at least. With it, I did the easiest (but not fastest) escape (with no heat).
    Last edited by Morae; 2020-11-10 at 02:06 PM.

The only game of this style I've actually enjoyed 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Originally I thought the bow was a weak weapon. Yet, I soon learned that it was indeed really good... with right build at least. With it, I did the easiest (but not fastest) escape (with no heat).
    Before the last patch, bow special was broken as fuck. Easiest 16 heat run I've done.
    It's still pretty good, but no longer as broken

It's up there for me as one of the best of the year. Outstanding game. In some ways, I think it is the game Supergiant has always tried to make.

This is the best game ive played all year!

My goodness the vocal tracks in this game are amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    The bow is crazy strong with the right build.
    Loving this game so far.

Only got out once so far. Working on getting out with the grenade launcher atm
    I'm pretty early playing, but I enjoyed my run with the bow. BUT, only because I got a thing that changed it from a charge up to rapid fire. The charge shot didn't seem to do enough damage anyway to justify standing there for so long, so the rapid fire thing did significantly more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm pretty early playing, but I enjoyed my run with the bow. BUT, only because I got a thing that changed it from a charge up to rapid fire. The charge shot didn't seem to do enough damage anyway to justify standing there for so long, so the rapid fire thing did significantly more damage.
    Normal attack on the bow is a trap.

Most overrated game of the decade, second only to the most overrated game of the century: Monster Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Most overrated game of the decade, second only to the most overrated game of the century: Monster Hunter.
    How you manage to be wrong about everything is impressive.

Probably the worst Supergiant game so far, at least Transistor had good OST.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    How you manage to be wrong about everything is impressive.
    How you manage to have such below-sea-level standards in games is what is truly impressive.

Of the decade? A lot has happened since 2010 and I am sure Hades has not received even close to the level of coverage of an average big-budget title.

Sure you might just be hyperbolic here. But decades... centuries? Too over the top, dude.

This isn't worth calling a hot take.

It's just a strange one.

Especially considering you picked an indie game, and a game that was niche as hell until MH:W released to call "most overrated".

Regardless, picked up the game myself last week and finally managed to get a clear through with the bow, although I can't honestly say how much of it came down to the bow in the end, happened to be the same run I unlocked Demeter and took her Crystal Beam boon, along with having 3x cast perk from the mirror and another boon that sped up the cast time, I'd just drop all 3 beams at the mobs and they would melt them.

Also nabbed the 10% increase damage/decreased damage taken done while having no casts, so at least any pokes I did helped out along with having the Curse applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This isn't worth calling a hot take.

It's just a strange one.

Especially considering you picked an indie game, and a game that was niche as hell until MH:W released to call "most overrated".
    I'm sorry but when people say things like

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Game of the year ez.
    I just feel like I need to step in.
    People with low standards who claim that low feature, low budget, indie games should be anywhere near the title of GOTY despite other games that actually had a lot of effort and money poured into them, are damaging the industry as a whole because then developers will feel like they can cheap out on game developing because people will be content with much lower effort projects.