Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you planning on playing both factions in Shadowlands?

A few of my friends switched to Horde for Shadowlands but I'd rather not faction and server swap my main on Alliance for it so I was thinking about just playing 2 characters on 2 separate factions.

To expand on the title's question if you are playing both factions(and not just leveling but actually raiding/pvp/mythic+ with 2+ characters etc.), are those characters gonna be the same class/spec? I was thinking about just playing 2 paladins(one Zandalari, one Human) but I'm not 100% sold on that idea yet. Maybe Warrior or DK instead? Idunno.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2020-11-11 at 04:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Eventually I'll level my alliance druid so I can see the story from the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah not this time I think. I'll level my main and if/when I get bored I'll just go do something else.

That being said, should Shadowlands be really enjoyable I might hop on my Alliance alt to see the story over there.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I don't think so. I've tried to level Horde chars over the years but it never works. Just don't like em.

I unsubbed, prepatch had nothing to do, which is a new low for a prepatch (I do understand content is expected to be added in later). Too bad, as I paid for the expansion. I'll probably be back later, I have a VR headset I've been playing with lately.

Hopefully Blizzard learns to treat its employees better in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I unsubbed, prepatch had nothing to do, which is a new low for a prepatch (I do understand content is expected to be added in later). Too bad, as I paid for the expansion. I'll probably be back later, I have a VR headset I've been playing with lately.

Prepatch event content drops this Tuesday, I believe.

Is there any difference?

Legion had different artifact chains and achievements
    BFA had you playing both sides for an achievement

Is there anything in shadowlands?

Not sure the point of this thread.

More than likely what I do not know. I have all the classes on the alliance side at the moment. Guess I should figure it out. Thought about doing a hunter and playing it survival as the ally hunter is ranged. Or a Druid and do the opposite of what I do ally side.

I believe they intend alt value to be mainly focused on trying out multiple covenants, where in BfA it was about trying out both sides of the war through Factions.

Only xpac I ever actually did it was WoD. I have chars and best intentions but I haven't actually done much horde stuff in BFA or Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Ok. So we have a "look at me I'm unsubbed look how cool I am and I even paid for the expansion" post. Along with a vague, most likely unsubstantiated claim about Blizzard mistreating their employees... Move on folks, nothing worth reading here.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Hmmm...maybe?

I gather i might come around to leveling all my characters, but the alliance ones are the priority.

I could not bring myself to play Horde seriously though. I just don't like the vibes there. The cities, the characters, the zones... i find it hard to relate to.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-09 at 04:19 AM.

Undoubtedly. My main is horde, so will get a few of them up first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I always have played both, since Classic.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    I main Alliance, but will likely mess around with a Horde toon much later into the Xpac.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    To expand on the title's question if you are playing both factions(and not just leveling but actually raiding/pvp/mythic+ with 2+ characters etc.), are those characters gonna be the same class/spec? I was thinking about just playing 2 paladins(one Zandalari, one Human) but I'm not 100% sold on that idea yet. Maybe Warrior or DK instead? Idunno.
    Used to play a priest (shadow/holy) on both factions but not anymore due to less time. Still be levelling multiple classes across both factions but will not be raiding. May sound odd to have time for levelling but not for raiding. But levelling is solo and can be done at my pace and availability. While raiding requires more dedication.

Yes always do, have my horde character and alliance ready to go.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, seems no reason to ever limit yourself to 1 faction.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ok. So we have a "look at me I'm unsubbed look how cool I am and I even paid for the expansion" post. Along with a vague, most likely unsubstantiated claim about Blizzard mistreating their employees... Move on folks, nothing worth reading here.
    I see nothing on MMO-C has changed since I left, lol