Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If it weren't for the fact that some of my alts are on alliance side and sooner or (most likely) later I will level them all to max to see all classes again, I wouldn't play both sides in SL. There is really not much of a point to it since there is barely any faction story and the bit that is there is stuff like Tyrande being slightly less of a cunt if you play alliance. That's not enough for me to care.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course.

That is why I have two mains.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Is there any difference?

Legion had different artifact chains and achievements
    BFA had you playing both sides for an achievement

Is there anything in shadowlands?
    I don't think there is going to be a massive difference between alliance and horde while leveling and doing the content.

No only horde toons and a Tauren in a Gnome costume ;D

No. I'll be playing my Warrior, & either Druid/DK for alt raids.

In the long run yes. I tend to be an altoholic so I will level on both sides.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

10+ Year Old Account
    I have many toons on both sides and I'm going to level some of them just for fun, so yes I'm playing both sides. Raiding will be with my Alliance group, since the Horde raid I played with, disbanded some time ago and I never joined another.

I don't expect many differences between the factions while leveling, but I can live with that.

Don’t think so, never created an ally in 16 years, I don’t see reasons to change for SL. Not even remotely interested in Alliance and his story.

Having to use them in WC2-3 was painful enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    For shadowlands? No. I did for BFA simply for the story, but I honestly could have got most of the gist by watching videos on YouTube. I plan on having 4 characters so that I can experience each covenant, but I have no plans to roll both factions since it looks like the story is pretty much the same for both.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Eventually I'll level my alliance druid so I can see the story from the other side.
    I think initially there is only one side, the intro might be slightly different though. later patches though might have differing questlines

I've done it "to see the other side of the story" from MoP through BFA. But Shadowlands doesn't look like it's going to have the same level of alliance vs horde variation, if any. In that sense I'm getting a Burning Crusade vibe, where faction had next to no bearing on major expansion lore.

No point in SL? Both factions will experience the covenant stories in the same way. The covenant story doesn't change depending on the faction.

I mean what will be the point? ITs all about covenants in SL, there might be a few flavor things, but i doubt it will get much focus

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, although I'll likely be maining Alliance as I have for a while now, mainly due to Guild Raiding, if people actually log back in and we have people. I always usually have at least one Horde toon at max, I've had 7 or so in BFA, and lots more Alliance, although BFA was extremely uninteresting compared to Legion with Class Halls, the War Campaign mainly felt like a drag and I think the best part of it was the cinematics. Hopefully Covenants are interesting enough to do choices I want on Alts instead choosing the best.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I always do. I'm probably going to main my maghar fury warrior for the Horde side and my human DK for Alliance.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Since BC, when I started, I play both factions. In Cata I had all classes covered but spread between both factions. In BfA I created a bunch of new characters and now I have both factions fully covered, all classes. With Shadowlands I intend on playing as usual - both factions.

I've played Alliance as my main basically since WoD. Time for some Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    eventually.

one thing wow taught me in all those years is; while almost everyone has a favorite faction, playing both sides and experiencing these differences firsthand is much better than watching a video or reading about them.

my human paladin is almost always the 3rd toon that i level to max.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think initially there is only one side, the intro might be slightly different though. later patches though might have differing questlines
    Not likely, it is linear this time all the way through, they just need to grow some balls and allow cross faction PvE already.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Not sure the point of this thread.
    ?

The clue is in the topic "Are you planning on playing both factions in Shadowlands?"

Anyway. Probably, because I have Horde-side alts, and it made sense to experience BFA from both sides. I imagine that'll continue, to a degree, with Shadowlands.