18 16.07%
  • Split Winners

37 33.04%
  • Not Interested

3 2.68%
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dave Called the race. Dems win the senate, it's over.
    https://twitter.com/Redistrict/statu...81326934650880

link to tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's crazy how much faster they are able to count the ballots this time around.
    Georgia was actually fairly fast last time as well, it was just that it came down to be very close.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Helps when there's only two on the ballot!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    Lol @ the tweet that says "Congratulations to Senate Majority Leader Joe Manchin"

It's funny because it's really sort of true...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Yeah there was a rule change that made things much easier / faster: https://twitter.com/bluestein/status...551684096?s=20
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" "Arch-angel of Riots" is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Georgia was actually fairly fast last time as well, it was just that it came down to be very close.
    Didn't it take 5 days or some such back in November? I'm not saying this couldn't take until Sunday, but it feels like it's a lot faster this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah there was a rule change that made things much easier / faster: https://twitter.com/bluestein/status...551684096?s=20
    That would do it. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lol @ the tweet that says "Congratulations to Senate Majority Leader Joe Manchin"

I rpefered the 'Tell Donald. I want him to know it was me' one

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, yeah, that is a little funny. They are going to have to add a FUCK TON of pork to bills to get his vote on progressive items.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Mandate, here we go!

...but not really...
    There would be!

...if they were Republicans....
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" "Arch-angel of Riots" is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun.

God 2020 was the flip side of 2016 now it's the Republicans turns to cry and it's going to be hilarious.
    Last edited by Saninicus; 2021-01-06 at 05:13 AM.

Didn't it take 5 days or some such back in November? I'm not saying this couldn't take until Sunday, but it feels like it's a lot faster this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

That would do it. Thanks for the clarification.
    They had all the vote save a few percent the first night after the blue shift because of the mail-ins being counted last. Then, like this time, people had until Friday to make corrections if their ballot hadn't been counted. Because the election was so close, we didn't know for sure until Friday but it was highly likely it was already going for Biden since mail-in ballots were likely to just help him.

If this race were to get down that close, we'll also be waiting until Friday to know for sure.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Wass has some sass...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    They had all the vote save a few percent the first night after the blue shift because of the mail-ins being counted last. Then, like this time, people had until Friday to make corrections if their ballot hadn't been counted. Because the election was so close, we didn't know for sure until Friday but it was highly likely it was already going for Biden since mail-in ballots were likely to just help him.

If this race were to get down that close, we'll also be waiting until Friday to know for sure.
    As was pointed out, a rule change has sped up the counting process. So, no, it wasn’t what you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    Just wait.

For swing voters and lightly Republican voters it'll be hard to ever vote Republican again after blue wins and 2k checks go out.
    The stench of this loss is 100% on Trump, and thus on his gutless henchmen, and every traitorous shitbird who went along at the expense of our democracy. As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Wass has some sass...

I shall wait 24 hours and then share his confidence. I would then like to watch every conservative pundit implode with rage.

Ugh, I just wish Chuck would give up on being Majority Leader, and let someone with actual balls do it....like Liz Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Ugh, I just wish Chuck would give up on being Majority Leader, and let someone with actual balls do it....like Liz Warren.
    I'd prefer Bernie... if only he were a Dem...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

I hope we really end up with a first world problem like that.

I'd be okay with that, if only to rub even more salt in the wound of trump's ego.

I hope we really end up with a first world problem like that.
    First world? I take it you're leaving off decimals and not rounding since half the country is basically 2nd world.
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

So the party's in this thread, is it? That's cool. I still have...(counts)...9 pieces of the best fried chicken for 50 miles and two Starbucks drinks.

From CNN's live feed, because at this point I'm pouring motherfucking hot sauce on the Party of Trump's wounds:

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger tonight hailed the state's "tremendous turnout," but warned votes are still coming in from across the state and overseas that might ultimately determine the outcome of the two Senate races.

“Its very close as you can see," Raffensperger said, speaking with CNN's Wolf Blitzer just before midnight.

Raffensperger, who is a Republican, declined to speculate on how the distribution of uncounted votes might affect the final count, but said unprocessed ballots were "somewhat scattered" across the state.

"We are a very competitive state," Raffensperger told CNN. "We are just going to have to wait and see how this all turns out."
    He also pointed out that up to 17,000 overseas and military ballots would not be counted until Friday at 5 p.m., and indicated that election officials may soon pause counting for the night.

Raffensperger, who is charge of Georgia's elections, hailed the large turnout, saying he believed it could reach nearly 4.6 million once all ballots are counted. In contrast, about 5 million Georgians voted in the 2020 election.

It's been a "tremendous turnout," he said.