Poll: Special Senate Runoff Outcome

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    haha mail in ballots from deep red county just cut into perdue's tiny ass lead,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Kelly Loeffler is so loyal to Trump she also lost an election in Georgia.

Twinsies.
    Loeffler as terrible a politician as she is, is still not as bad as McSally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Interestingly, the longest serving Senator is U.S. history was a Democrat from West Virginia: Senator Robert Byrd.

I don't know how that worked out, nor now another Democrat won a seat. I would always think of West Virginia as hardcore Red. And yet they've had Blue representation for 60+ years.
    You mean Byrd who was famously part of KKK (but would later renounce and work to make amends)? Because the party was still on some weird stuff back then an he definitely fit the bill of you'd expect from WV.

It is impressive that WV didn't vote him out later in his life though. Name recognition is strong.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Please god let Democrats take the lesson away from tonight that regardless of what Republicans say about the candidates that are put up, running on doing stuff for people like giving them $2k checks is a winning strategy. Please god give us stimulus checks and healthcare.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Please god let Democrats take the lesson away from tonight that regardless of what Republicans say about the candidates that are put up, running on doing stuff for people like giving them $2k checks is a winning strategy. Please god give us stimulus checks and healthcare.
    The best take away. If you promise people something they can hold in their hands, they will support that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a local Georgian...

HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK can it possibly be that the fuckwad Perdue is finally out of office? I'm not popping the champagne yet but FUCKING YES if he is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think it depends a lot on what the Democrats try to get done in the next two years with a stacked house. They should focus the first two years on rebuilding efforts and executive orders. Then, once they make those gains in 2022, go for broke. PR and DC statehood might have to wait until then, because I'm not sure Manchin is pro-statehood.
    The key problem is even with control, we still have the filibuster/cloture hurdle and i don't see enough dem support to nuclear option it. A lot more bills will come up for vote, judges will get in easy peasy, but cloture is still a fuck, it's the exact reason there is no public option in obamacare cause fuckin Lieberman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    As a local Georgian...

HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK can it possibly be that the fuckwad Perdue is finally out of office? I'm not popping the champagne yet but FUCKING YES if he is.
    Yup, the GA Perdue dynasty is finished... for now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think it depends a lot on what the Democrats try to get done in the next two years with a stacked house. They should focus the first two years on rebuilding efforts and executive orders. Then, once they make those gains in 2022, go for broke. PR and DC statehood might have to wait until then, because I'm not sure Manchin is pro-statehood.
    I think the conservative approach, as you suggest above (if you don't mind me labeling it that way), is the way to go. With the possibility of maybe having a razor thin "majority" in the Senate, and the House being so close as well, it might behoove the Biden Administration and the Democrats to do the rebuilding thing. Infrastructure. COVID (obviously). Fix the Executive Branch, and move forward on some policies. And then wait for 2022, win another Senate seat or two. Rebuild a large majority in the House.

Then go for it all. SCOTUS. DC/PR.

Georgia will decide if Mitch McConnell or Joe Manchin is the most powerful man in the country, just as the founders intended
    https://twitter.com/julietlapidos/st...291471363?s=19

Great tweet.

For those who get excited about say gun laws, you will have Joe Manchin to look at.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I don't quite remember, but I think the filibuster can just be axed by a simple majority vote, since procedural rule votes themselves cannot be filibustered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/julietlapidos/st...291471363?s=19

Great tweet.

For those who get excited about say gun laws, you will have Joe Manchin to look at.
    TBH I have no hopes for gun laws to change until more substantive, systemic change is introduced.

IE, corporate money in politics-level stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't quite remember, but I think the filibuster can just be axed by a simple majority vote, since procedural rule votes themselves cannot be filibustered.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH I have no hopes for gun laws to change until more substantive, systemic change is introduced.

IE, corporate money in politics-level stuff.
    it can be. Any senate rule can be added or removed each session by simple majority, they can go nuclear. BUT do they have the 50 that wants to do so? that's what I don't think they do.

I would like to see changes regarding guns, but it shouldn't even be in the top 20 of things a dem controlled government should do first.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I mean, this is (potentially) a big win, and it stems the bleeding, but I hope people keep reality in check. The Senate may be 50/50, House has an 11 vote split currently so this ain't no mandate for progressive policies, as much as I wish it were. Hopefully we get shit on track over the next few years, Democrats make gains in 2022 including more progressive members, and they can keep pushing leftward while the Republicans fall into infighting between the McConnell and Trump wings of the party.

Yeah at this point that would be a horrible idea. Let's give the GOP an issue to run on.

At this point gun control cannot be touched.

Americans overwhelmingly love guns.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Senate Budget Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders let's fucking gooooooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    Yeah at this point that would be a horrible idea. Let's give the GOP an issue to run on.

At this point gun control cannot be touched.

Americans overwhelmingly love guns.
    Guns are not going to be touched... no one is going to even mention it.

Edit: Actually, let’s see what the dumb fuck proud boys do tomorrow... if they do what they are promising, gun rights are going to get tight.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Guns are not going to be touched... no one is going to even mention it.
    Agreed.

COVID. Infrastructure. ACA bolstering. Lots of issues to work on over the next two years.

minimum wage increases, big stimulus payments to get out of this rut, mass vaccine distribution, public option, actual infrustructure week, . obviously judges. reclassify marijuana as a schedule 5 drug if not removing it as controlled substance completely, not sure the the process involved in that. Seems like an easily achievable good start for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    At this point, I think just adopting the Wyoming Option which address representation in Congress and by extension the Presidential electors and admitting the 2 states would be a huge boon to fixing much of the issues, especially if we can outlaw gerrymandering at a federal level (If that part is even possible).
    Only via a challenge through the courts or an amendment to the constitution. Constitution is fairly explicit that states have the right to run their own elections (as long as they don't violate the equal protection clause).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    minimum wage increases, big stimulus payments to get out of this rut, mass vaccine distribution, public option, actual infrustructure week, . obviously judges. reclassify marijuana as a schedule 5 drug if not removing it as controlled substance completely, not sure the the process involved in that. Seems like an easily achievable good start for me.
    You can reschedule marijuana with an executive order, just FYI.

Looks like nothing will be decided tonight. But the NYT is predicting both democrats will more than likely win.

Even though Perdue is slightly ahead there's still a few thousand votes left in three counties which are mainly democrat.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...lection_recirc