Poll: Special Senate Runoff Outcome

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    looking at '22 it doesn't look like republicans have any pickups, but dem's have 2 potential pick ups in wisconsin and pennsylvania, but still to lose a democrat senator in WV, who is popular enough to win re-election the heart of trumpism, is the wrong play.
    New Hampshire is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Looks like nothing will be decided tonight. But the NYT is predicting both democrats will more than likely win.

Even though Perdue is slightly ahead there's still a few thousand votes left in three counties which are mainly democrat.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...lection_recirc

Not just predicting wins, but predicting margins well above any request of a recount for both races. Can sleep easy tonight, and have the popcorn for the pointless and needless circus happening tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurray, ~6k new votes added, and Ossoff has taken the lead!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Looks like nothing will be decided tonight. But the NYT is predicting both democrats will more than likely win.

Even though Perdue is slightly ahead there's still a few thousand votes left in three counties which are mainly democrat.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...lection_recirc
    MSM is calling Warnock the race for him.

Ossoff was pushed ahead now, but 3.5k votes. And if he wins the seat, he gets the full 6 years to continue building his campaign machine (which is already very significant).

- - - Updated - - -

Do we finally have a "Thanks Trump!"?

NBC has called it for Warnock and as expected Ossoff just took the lead. The math is not on Perdue’s side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Do we finally have a "Thanks Trump!"?
    Meh. A lot of people are going to be taking credit.

I'll just go with this for now...

Government Affiliated Snark

So, we are on the verge of a historical day, with the Republicans losing control of power?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The next 100 days will ultimately determine the political trajectory of the two political parties. 2k checks, lots of them, and the Dems might be saved. If they can't muster it, even just one, or they cave? They will implode by 2022 and get ripped apart.

For the GOP, at long last the party has a reckoning as the base and core supporters it turns out liked all that populism and are way more loyal to Trump than the GOP, and sat it out and left McConnell high a dry. The fight will be basically between Hawley and Romney. Hawley, who seems open to the checks idea, and Romney who believes corporations are people. The base for that matter will likely go for Hawley. HOWEVER....

If the Democrats can shovel out the checks and make it their big issue, they can stay in power. Even without Healthcare, or Infrastructure, hell even with the virus still out there if the Dems can shovel out checks, they will be unstoppable in the next few cycles. Republicans have paid a huge price for coming between Americans and two grand in cold hard cash. If they immediately falter, if they can't even deliver one check, if no executive orders on Marijuana or Student Debt come through on top of that? The Democrats collapse in on themselves. That first 100 days will be do or die for the DNC. The GOP? Well, their future largely depends on if the Democrats fuck it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    So, we are on the verge of a historical day, with the Republicans losing control of power?
    Not really? I mean, Obama in 2008 had super majorities. The Democrats have paper thin holds on power, and were devastated in the State legislatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Looks like it. NBC called it for Warnock and Ossoff is in the lead now.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The next 100 days will ultimately determine the political trajectory of the two political parties. 2k checks, lots of them, and the Dems might be saved. If they can't muster it, even just one, or they cave? They will implode by 2022 and get ripped apart.

For the GOP, at long last the party has a reckoning as the base and core supporters it turns out liked all that populism and are way more loyal to Trump than the GOP, and sat it out and left McConnell high a dry. The fight will be basically between Hawley and Romney. Hawley, who seems open to the checks idea, and Romney who believes corporations are people. The base for that matter will likely go for Hawley. HOWEVER....

If the Democrats can shovel out the checks and make it their big issue, they can stay in power. Even without Healthcare, or Infrastructure, hell even with the virus still out there if the Dems can shovel out checks, they will be unstoppable in the next few cycles. Republicans have paid a huge price for coming between Americans and two grand in cold hard cash. If they immediately falter, if they can't even deliver one check, if no executive orders on Marijuana or Student Debt come through on top of that? The Democrats collapse in on themselves. That first 100 days will be do or die for the DNC. The GOP? Well, their future largely depends on if the Democrats fuck it up.
    Yup, all they have to do is bribe the voters with free money and keep them from thinking about how it is going to be paid for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Constitution is fairly explicit that states have the right to run their own elections (as long as they don't violate the equal protection clause).
    It's actually explicit that Congress has final say on the rules for House and Senate elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Article 1, Section 4
    The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.
    The only thing that clause has ever been used for is setting the election date, but it's still there.
    Last edited by Masark; 2021-01-06 at 07:02 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

1. Democrats took control of the house, senate and even the presidency by a surprisingly slim margin, after 4 years of complete incompetence, resurgent racism, violent terrorism, erosion of international institutions, threat of fascism, concentration camps, the mismanagement of a once in a century global pandemic, and an unmitigated economic collapse on behalf of Republicans.

This barely scores as a victory, especially as the GOP now effectively controls the courts for a generation.

2. Half of the Democratic caucus is made up of corporate sell outs who will kneecap any attempts of meaningful reform practically ensuring a defeat in the midterms. Then there are the ilks of Synema and Manchin who are for all intents and purposes Republicans and who will guaranteed kill anything and everything meaningful for Democrats in the Senate.

3. The next 2 years will be an exercise of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post

everyone involved in fairfight, but the top get's the credit as well as the scorn, so props to stacy abrams for saving this country. god bless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Yup, all they have to do is bribe the voters with free money and keep them from thinking about how it is going to be paid for.
    By taking back some of the trillions of free money that has been shovelled into the pockets of the ilk of Jeff Bezos, Koch brothers, Waltons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    You can reschedule marijuana with an executive order, just FYI.
    Well basically an executive order can call for the DOJ to not go after marijuana offenses but like we saw with Obama to Trump and soon Trump to Biden, executive orders only last as long as the next administration will allow them. What needs to happen is for Congress to legalize marijuana at the federal level, it has been brought before Congress before I even believe it passed the House but it was just one of around 500 House passed bills McConnell shelved in the last year or so because he is a horrible piece of shit. If Congress legalizes marijuana then it is no longer a federal crime which legitimizes marijuana pretty much everywhere making it into a legitimate and powerful new income source full of taxable sources. It would still be up to states to legalize it themselves but once the federal level legalizes it even the staunches Red states will submit and legalize it.

What makes it so important that Congress legalizes weed is because while it is still a federal crime to possess or sell weed that makes it incredibly hard for growers or sellers in states where it is legal to get loans or work with any banks. Since it is illegal at the federal level a bank that does business with a dispensary or a grower is technically laundering a criminal enterprise and is under the full weight of the federal justice system.
    Last edited by pathora44; 2021-01-06 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    everyone involved in fairfight, but the top get's the credit as well as the scorn, so props to stacy abrams for saving this country. god bless!!!
    The country is far from saved. If anything, it is getting closer to collapse. The country needs to heal, but neither side seems to have any intention of seeing their opposition from being anything but their enemy.

10+ Year Old Account

Would have also accepted:

"Tell Mitch, I want him to know it was me."

Good fucking bye Mitch McConnell. Have fun being Senate Minority Leader.

Stacey Abrams though . . . goddamn she gave us the Presidency and the Senate. Someone mentioned on Twitter, and I think this is true, that Georgia was never a truly red state, but that people suddenly realized their votes do indeed make a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The country is far from saved. If anything, it is getting closer to collapse. The country needs to heal, but neither side seems to have any intention of seeing their opposition from being anything but their enemy.
    Hard to not see the opposition as the enemy when they see us as the enemy.
    Putin khuliyo

A better one would be if the incoming democrat Senators sent Donald Trump a Thank You card every year of their tenure saying "Thanks to you and your Looney Tunes brigade, I won this seat. I look forward to your help in even making more of the Senate turn Blue."

Kinda like when the producers of Married With Children sent a fruit basket every year with a thank you card to Terry Rakolta who boycotted to have them taken off of the air in season 3 but instead of it working, the show got even more popular due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Well basically an executive order can call for the DOJ to not go after marijuana offenses but like we saw with Obama to Trump and soon Trump to Biden, executive orders only last as long as the next administration will allow them. What needs to happen is for Congress to legalize marijuana at the federal level, it has been brought before Congress before I even believe it passed the House but it was just one of around 500 House passed bills McConnell shelved in the last year or so because he is a horrible piece of shit. If Congress legalizes marijuana then it is no longer a federal crime which legitimizes marijuana pretty much everywhere making it into a legitimate and powerful new income source full of taxable sources. It would still be up to states to legalize it themselves but once the federal level legalizes it even the staunches Red states will submit and legalize it.
    Yeah I wasn't sure what the exact process was to get it to what your describing, thank you very much for the clarification, I definitely think this is doable, since I think this is something that will pass with bipartisan support.