Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It isn't a simple kick when he is outright denying people access to content because they don't conform to his opinion and harrassing them.
    While you're not technically wrong that's really hard to prove AND for it to be a punishable offense. You could refuse to allow vulpera into your guild and groups but I'm pretty positive that won't get you banned. Denying people for buying things is a dick move, but AFAIK not harassment nor punishable. If they start acting like dicks, harassing you and going out of their way to do these things... Sure, that I can see.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Of course but I don't think this falls in line with anything but move on, /ignore and let the dickheads be dicks. Report it if you wish but I don't understand how Blizzard would do anything about it. A simple kick =/= harassment - but I don't know Blizzard's conditions of kicking someone for cosmetics is really... Harassment.



    So the mounts, pets, toys, services, and tokens wouldn't do it but transmog would? A weird line to make, all things considered.
    I think mounts and toys were always bemoaned but it is getting to be a bit much. Transmog is one of the few reward caches they haven't utterly exhausted in the game or made meaningless.

    It feels like a race to the bottom. Worse is they take money from people paying subscription fees to bar off content from the game to sell to the same people. Its like that pvp toy they claimed part of the sales were going to the pvp tournament only to cap the donation to their original promised reward then pocket all the extra funds.

    I get the frustration. Rather then a cool quest line or an interesting achievement tied to this transmog we get asked for our credit card information. It just feels cheap and hollow.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The only ones who care about prestige anymore are the ones railing against the cash shop which is where we get to the real truth of the matter. That is those against he cash shop want to get it in game so they can strut around Org/SW and get their e-peen stroked so they can feel like they are superior to everyone else. Almost nobody cares about prestige anymore and almost nobody cares about what you are wearing anymore either.
    In your opinion that is ofcourse.

    In order for something to matter or be 'special' is to make it harder to obtain. That is why tier 3 is still so high valued, because its nearly impossible to get.

    You also make it out to be something negative, 'e-peen'. I rather see it as incentive. How did someone get that awesome gear? by doing the hardest raid and so it will stimulate others to get into the same thing. This is a good thing for the game, its gets players engaged with each other. The shop does 0, just click a button and obtain a meaningless skin.

    You also contradict yourself with your last sentence. If no one cares about what you are wearing, why bother having transmog, shop or ingame, at all?

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would you buy an xmog if it was really amazing?

    "Sprite Darter's Wings" is the first (and very strange ...) xmogs that Blizzard places in the game store. I remember when the "Celestial Steed" appeared and sparked the same debate: "Is selling mounts a good idea?" Will players accept an exclusive item that can only be purchased like a "Pay to Win" game?

    Check this out: Despite turning the char into a complete clown (forgive me if you disagree) the xmog "Sprite Darter's Wings" is a success. I'm already getting tired of finding players using this in Azeroth.
    Imagine then ... if Blizzard creates special xmogs for specific classes like (for example) the first FULL BLACK set for rogues (a wish of many) with "smoke effect" and when you press sprint ... a huge trail of smoke black is left behind. (Blizzard, I would pay $ 500 on that. Just saying ...)

    And you? Do you believe that the new era of "xmogs for sale" is coming?
    Would you buy it if they were special and badass (as with the mounts that are to sell) ??

    EDIT:
    For something like this I sell my kidney and pay what Blizzard can order without problems:

    Like xmogs that activate when u enter and exit combat like this set would be sick. If u can program Worgen to change in between forms then u can do so with armor pieces too albeit it may be a headache to do so.

    Now to address ur question, It could make sense, but u know as well as I that the playerbase, being as understanding as they are, would become livid with having to pay for something on top of their sub.

    For all that its worth, I personally like your idea a lot.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    In your opinion that is ofcourse.

    In order for something to matter or be 'special' is to make it harder to obtain. That is why tier 3 is still so high valued, because its nearly impossible to get.

    You also make it out to be something negative, 'e-peen'. I rather see it as incentive. How did someone get that awesome gear? by doing the hardest raid and so it will stimulate others to get into the same thing. This is a good thing for the game, its gets players engaged with each other. The shop does 0, just click a button and obtain a meaningless skin.
    Thethe idea is that players want to feel superior. They have something nobody else does. It doesn't matter how they got it, just that they have something that nobody else does. When the only reason you want something is to feel superior to others, that is a negative.

    You also contradict yourself with your last sentence. If no one cares about what you are wearing, why bother having transmog, shop or ingame, at all?
    NO, I am ont contradicting myself. THe reason is that YOU care how you look. YOU think something is cool. What others think is irrelevant. When I buy mounts from the shop, I do not care what others think about it. I buy it because I think it is cool and I want it.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Indeed it does. People who waste money on the shop should leave.
    As should the people who blind kick people from groups or guilds simply for owning something from the shop.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Thethe idea is that players want to feel superior. They have something nobody else does. It doesn't matter how they got it, just that they have something that nobody else does. When the only reason you want something is to feel superior to others, that is a negative.

    NO, I am ont contradicting myself. THe reason is that YOU care how you look. YOU think something is cool. What others think is irrelevant. When I buy mounts from the shop, I do not care what others think about it. I buy it because I think it is cool and I want it.
    I dont think it has anything to do with being 'superior' more so its a sense of pride and accomplishment, to wear something that is rare and tells that you have overcome something particularly difficult in the game. This often makes other players stare in awe at said gear-outfit and makes them want to try their best to attain the same outfit, or at least inspire them to.

    How is that a negative in any way? Or do you believe that everything in-game should be available to everyone just a click away for the right amount of $$$?

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Please provide some evidence that Blizzard has separate Milking Department completely removed from rest of the dev team pushing crap into Cash Shop.
    Can you provide evidence for what YOU ae claiming? That the shop is taking away things from the live game?

    Or is the idea that because it's on the store and not in the live game mean that, by default, it's taking away from the live game?

  9. #329
    Please state where i said that i feel superior to other players. But nice way to ignore my argument and not adressing it.

    you buy it because you want it, i would hope so. But please answer me this, wouldnt it be better if that same mount would be possible to get ingame? So that you actually have to play to get it, instead of pushing a button?

    I have bought the celestial steed because i really like how it looks. But i would have appreciated it much more if it was a drop from algalon, a reward for a long quest chain or had some other means of getting it besides the shop.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    You may not like those armors sets from GW2, thats one subjective thing, but technically speaking the armor system used in GW2 is miles ahead of WoW's in that it permits things that we probably will never have in wow. They have real 3D models for each piece while wow does not. That makes wow armor sets look plain and boring in comparison.
    I agree that their engine supports some really nice things, that is certainly true. Then again the "buttskirt" problem is still not completely resolved after 8 years, something wow never head to deal with. Maybe my perspective is different, because after having played GW2 for like 7000 hours all those shiny effects don't do it for me anymore and I like the design of armor sets in WoW way more.

  11. #331
    I'tll be a huge bummer if they start selling out skill appearance sets, like PoE does, for example.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    I think mounts and toys were always bemoaned but it is getting to be a bit much. Transmog is one of the few reward caches they haven't utterly exhausted in the game or made meaningless.

    It feels like a race to the bottom. Worse is they take money from people paying subscription fees to bar off content from the game to sell to the same people. Its like that pvp toy they claimed part of the sales were going to the pvp tournament only to cap the donation to their original promised reward then pocket all the extra funds.

    I get the frustration. Rather then a cool quest line or an interesting achievement tied to this transmog we get asked for our credit card information. It just feels cheap and hollow.
    I'm not for the latter. It's stupid that they took the fae outfit meant for a questline reward (And other items) and put them on the cash-shop. But I'm also for more items on the cash-shop (And also a way to get them without paying too - sans gold grinds, because fuck that). It's in a really stupid state right now where they clearly don't have a dedicated cash shop team so it's a slow trickle of content either purposefully made or ripped from the development pipeline.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Please state where i said that i feel superior to other players. But nice way to ignore my argument and not adressing it.

    you buy it because you want it, i would hope so. But please answer me this, wouldnt it be better if that same mount would be possible to get ingame? So that you actually have to play to get it, instead of pushing a button?
    Last I checked, you push buttons to play the game too. ANd no it wouldn't be better because it is likely I would never get the mount in game as their are many that I have never gotten(see Headless Horseman's mount).

    I have bought the celestial steed because i really like how it looks. But i would have appreciated it much more if it was a drop from algalon, a reward for a long quest chain or had some other means of getting it besides the shop.
    I appreciate it because it is a cool looking mount. I don't care how I got it. I got Ashes from Tempest Keep, but I don't appreciate it any more than any shop mount I bought.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I'm not for the latter. It's stupid that they took the fae outfit meant for a questline reward (And other items) and put them on the cash-shop. But I'm also for more items on the cash-shop (And also a way to get them without paying too - sans gold grinds, because fuck that). It's in a really stupid state right now where they clearly don't have a dedicated cash shop team so it's a slow trickle of content either purposefully made or ripped from the development pipeline.
    Prove it. Show me where Blizz admits this.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Prove it. Show me where Blizz admits this.
    If you have any idea how game development works and how long ago the Fae outfit was datamined (And probably already finished before then) you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together. Same thing with that boat mount, same thing with many other promotional items. They get developed and produced at the same time as other assets, ones that go to quests, raids, and any other avenue.

    It's not a secret at this point. Willingly waiting for Blizzard to say, "Yes, we produce assets and hand pick ones we like to use as promotional / cash-shop material" is just not going to happen. This isn't a conspiracy theory, that's just what they're doing. Then we sometimes get out of the blue cash-shop items or promotional material for tournaments or charities.

    FWIW I do believe they are gearing up to actually dedicate more resources TO a cash-shop oriented team. The in-game shop we have now is way too telling and they're testing the waters / gearing up for it. But as is - the amount of content in there? WoW doesn't have a dedicated cash shop team. Realistically they have designers being put off to the side for a little while being told what to do or come up with ideas that they want to make at best.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2020-11-10 at 05:45 PM.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Of course but I don't think this falls in line with anything but move on, /ignore and let the dickheads be dicks. Report it if you wish but I don't understand how Blizzard would do anything about it. A simple kick =/= harassment - but I don't know Blizzard's conditions of kicking someone for cosmetics is really... Harassment.



    So the mounts, pets, toys, services, and tokens wouldn't do it but transmog would? A weird line to make, all things considered.
    I said "some customers", not "all", "most" or even "many".
    Exactly as the other this in the store has cost them customers.

    That's fair enough, I don't think I personally am a relevant loss to them, but they are at a point where they should at least think about how few players a whale accepts, before he also quits. If they do that and come to the conclusion that e.g. 2 Million active players after 5 month of an expansion are as good as 2.1m, as long as 20% of the remaining players buy the transmog, that's a legitimate business decision.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's not about prestige. It's about looks and collecting. They see something tha tlooks cool, they would like to have it. They don't care about who else has it or not. The only ones who care about prestige were the ones who had the incessant need of having their e-peen stroked in Org/SW. They were also the ones who railed against what they called "welfare epics". It's all about feeling superior to everyone else. All sane players don't care about that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It isn't a simple kick when he is outright denying people access to content because they don't conform to his opinion and harrassing them.
    You associate prestigious rewards with a lot of negativity. I don't know what bad experience you had in the past, but I can assure you, that the importance of a working reward structure (no matter if power gain or collectibles) is a much more important reason to disagree with what is offered in the shop and how easy items can be obtained than enviousness.

  16. #336
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Or is the idea that because it's on the store and not in the live game mean that, by default, it's taking away from the live game?
    Precisely. Because they need to dedicate resources for making shit for the store, those resources are away from creating stuff for the game.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they tryed it and been bash about it
    anyone in game with those helmet they tested out are kick from raid the majority of time

    why ? because you already pay full price for the game + subscrition each month, transmog should be only available while doing something in game

    - - - Updated - - -



    because its a pay game not a free game, cash shop should not even be there for mount/transmog things
    Welcome to 2020. This is common practice and you aren't entitled to everything in the game just because you paid your tiny admission fee.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Precisely. Because they need to dedicate resources for making shit for the store, those resources are away from creating stuff for the game.
    Source?

    Specifically, on how creating a store item always intended to be in the store inherently removes or takes away from the resources from the game.

    I see this claim a lot, and it does make some logical sense, but that doesn't make it true or confirm anything.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Precisely. Because they need to dedicate resources for making shit for the store, those resources are away from creating stuff for the game.
    Alternate take: if they didn't have the income from the store, those same designers wouldn't have a position so they could get paid. Adding things to the cash shop is a way to pay the otherwise redundant artists during the low periods where there is less work for them.

    Thinking a game like WoW has a static employment need across each expansion is lunacy.

  20. #340
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Welcome to 2020. This is common practice and you aren't entitled to everything in the game just because you paid your tiny admission fee.
    We are entitled to try to get them. But now it is literally impossible because there is no way to earn the shit from the store by playing the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •