Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Who and what the fuck is Yrel doing in Draenor, apparently going berserk or some shit?
    All lore surrounding Yrel is contained within the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

think the bigger issue is MMOs are a really bad way to convey a story. we are talking about a massively multiplayer game where we have 2 different sides and major story implications can DRASTICALLY change gameplay. Not to mention story has to happen in things we aren't in and its awkward to have a "Oh by the way this happened" quest where we watch a cutscene. (Though I am aware we seem to all the time). Plus we have to have story continue on despite people not participating. Plenty of people who give no fucks and as long as BGs exist they are fine who cares what the Jailer is doing.

The way WoW is set up, you don't experience lore like you did in WC3. In WC3 (and tft) every single person knew Arthas. Because it was a campaign that you selected as the natural progression.

In WoW, I don't know shit about Anduin, Genn, or any of these punchable Alliance members. But that's because I never selected the "Alliance" campaign and went through it. There really should be a 'spectate mode' where you could pretend you're the other faction and do their quests. And don't even get on me about 'make a new character.' No. I like my character.

Also, even if I WERE to play an Alliance character, all these shorts and books and stuff aren't in the game. I [wrongfully] consider anything that happens outside of the game as non-canon. It's a video game series. The video game is where things should happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    All lore surrounding Yrel is contained within the game.
    Not for a horde player

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Not for a horde player
    The stupidest part is that the latest bits of lore related to Yrel aren't available to Alliance players. Her entire continued story is missing for them.

Not for a horde player
    Or Alliance player. We don't find out what she's done in AU, only Horde players unlocking the Allied Race gets to. Everyone should have at least a max character for each faction to get the whole story. Though if you want to get crazy then one of each class for Legion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    By colour of course.
    COLOURS! It was so obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    COLOURS! It was so obvious!
    I think we have something here. We can store the books on these "shelves" of yours, and sort them via the Colour system (using the English/Canadian colour scale). All we need is a name. I'm partial to:

The Acquisition and Loanification Book Emporium and General Study Space Center Establishment

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I think we have something here. We can store the books on these "shelves" of yours, and sort them via the Colour system (using the English/Canadian colour scale). All we need is a name. I'm partial to:

The Acquisition and Loanification Book Emporium and General Study Space Center Establishment
    T.A.L.B.E.G.S.S.C.E - I like it, its very catchy - i can really see it catching on. I will try and explain my "shelves" to you - they are kinda like a floor, but, they are not on the floor, and they are much smaller. They are ideal for storing things that you would usually be forced to store on the floor, slightly ABOVE the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    T.A.L.B.E.G.S.S.C.E - I like it, its very catchy - i can really see it catching on. I will try and explain my "shelves" to you - they are kinda like a floor, but, they are not on the floor, and they are much smaller. They are ideal for storing things that you would usually be forced to store on the floor, slightly ABOVE the floor.
    Oooohhh, like a bed. I sleep on one of those. That's a great idea. A bed for books. These shelves of yours sound like a right handy thing to have in the T.A.L.B.E.G.S.S.C.E.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but as you said, if they at least made an bigger effort to explain the stuff in-game through some tidbits or whatever it would've been better. Sometimes we are left in the dark regarding the lore - biggest example is War Crimes. At least the new novel with Talanji, Shaw, Flynn, Jaina, Nathanos etc. Isn't that impacting. But it would've been great if they at least introduced a way in-game to aknowledge, let's say, the change in Talanji's pact / relations with Bwonsamdi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooohhh, like a bed. I sleep on one of those. That's a great idea. A bed for books. These shelves of yours sound like a right handy thing to have in the T.A.L.B.E.G.S.S.C.E.
    I would go for Loanery In Books Ready and Available for Reading by You

5+ Year Old Account
    The stupidest part is that the latest bits of lore related to Yrel aren't available to Alliance players. Her entire continued story is missing for them.
    Which was admittedly an issue back then, but the war campaign in BfA is even worse, to the point that the Horde version of the War of Thorns' story is almost entirely non canon. Having missing content is bad enough, but doing things that actually aren't happening, and never did? Pfft.

In WoW, I don't know shit about Anduin, Genn, or any of these punchable Alliance members. But that's because I never selected the "Alliance" campaign and went through it.
    Tbh I couldn't give a f*** about these folks either when I did the Alliance side of quests in BfA. The only Alliance character that I found somewhat interesting (despite how awful her in-game depiction was) was Tyrande... and maybe Genn, in a distant second place. The rest of the cast were just ZZzzZZZzzz.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

One of the things that made Legion the best expansion in WoW history was the absolute disgusting amount of lore surround the zones, artifacts and characters within in.

It gave me hope, that perhaps Warcraft was returning to a time when from its lore manual alone I would get more lore than I would get from two "major" patches in WoW.

But with BFA they're released what, like 3 books and a comic or two of side lore covering more important shit that we would never know about?

Why do they keep doing this? At least give us the highlights in game and flesh out in books if you must, cause I mean, who the FUCK is Calia Menethil? What the FUCK happened at Garrosh's trial? Who and what the fuck is Yrel doing in Draenor, apparently going berserk or some shit?
    1) If you only go by ingame things, you know from Legion she's related to Arthas and she's a priest, and from BFA that she hopes to aid the forsaken abandoned by Sylvanas. You have no idea why she's white now. I expected them to address that by now, but they've kept her unusually back in the spotlight, not even taking the forsaken leadership role yet. I can tell they're building her up, but uncharacteristically slowly. I'll take it over Varian's sudden drop-in to the story. "Who the hell is this dual wielding barbarian warrior that just showed up in Stormwind?!" Still what I'd call the worst incident of this.

2) Fair point, completely absent from in-game. You just pick up with "Garrosh and bronze dragon you might recognize from the timeless isle are on Draenor, Garrosh backstabs dragon." Quite a few people were even more confused when Anduin was pissed at Wrathion, who helped make all that happen but literally the only in-game nod to that is him standing with them on the timeless isle 7 years ago.

3) All of that is explained in the mag'har scenario. Amazing content, redeemed the awful wod ending. None of it is out of game.

I think it's a hard balance to accomplish. I love lore to bits, but even I've got to admit the video game needs to emphasize the game part over having us RP walk with NPCs in long unskippable quests. For people uninterested in the lore, that's like Khadgar's Servant all over again. ZZZ, just let me kill things! >: O
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

One of the things that made Legion the best expansion in WoW history was the absolute disgusting amount of lore surround the zones, artifacts and characters within in.

It gave me hope, that perhaps Warcraft was returning to a time when from its lore manual alone I would get more lore than I would get from two "major" patches in WoW.

But with BFA they're released what, like 3 books and a comic or two of side lore covering more important shit that we would never know about?

Why do they keep doing this? At least give us the highlights in game and flesh out in books if you must, cause I mean, who the FUCK is Calia Menethil? What the FUCK happened at Garrosh's trial? Who and what the fuck is Yrel doing in Draenor, apparently going berserk or some shit?
    Did you not play BfA or read any news, like, at all? One of the most famous scenarios from BfA is the Mag'har recruitment one, which features precisely Yrel and the Lightbound:

And she is not "going berserk". She believes the only way to achieve lasting peace on Draenor is by uniting in the Light. So she is trying to unite the world under the Lightbound, and many orcs even found her promises of unity appealing. Chief amongst them is AU Grommash's son, Exarch Hellscream, who was one of the first orcs to join the Lightbound.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!