Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Hi there, so I've just put together a new machine.
    If you want to compare:

    10900k @ 5.2GHz (undervolted) - 4400MHz 32GB RAM - 2070-Super (stock)
    1080p - DEFAULT GRAPHICS-7 - enter the VISION ROOM / no perspective change

    * FPS benchmarks with RTSS, start benchmark after loading, to avoid the 3000-5000 FPS peak while loading
    * (MIN AVG MAX) => 346 - 373 - 376






    OC clearly helps with min-FPS the most, RAM-OC does huge jumps in min-FPS. Both not really a thing with ZEN3, good luck.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-11-11 at 08:45 AM.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Mars_Trueskills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Odense, Denmark
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    If you want to compare:

    10900k @ 5.2GHz (undervolted) - 4400MHz 32GB RAM - 2070-Super (stock)
    1080p - DEFAULT GRAPHICS-7 - enter the VISION ROOM / no perspective change

    * FPS benchmarks with RTSS, start benchmark after loading, to avoid the 3000-5000 FPS peak while loading
    * (MIN AVG MAX) => 346 - 373 - 376






    OC clearly helps with min-FPS the most, RAM-OC does huge jumps in min-FPS. Both not really a thing with ZEN3, good luck.
    Damn that's some really nice OC'ing there.

    But then again, it's not on ultra, even on the screenshots the models look low quality and even a bit jagged.

    If I dump my resolution to 1080p and graphic settings to 7, I'll be able to hit the same, without OC'ing.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    If I dump my resolution to 1080p and graphic settings to 7, I'll be able to hit the same, without OC'ing.
    sure? I used specific settings to give you something to compare, without the usual raid with addon specific drops or boralus with different populations.

    I would not compare a highly compressed screenshot that shows just the RTSS numbers to assume what quality 7 does in WoW. Its just a proof that the numbers are not out of the air - forum style.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-11-11 at 09:32 AM.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  4. #24
    Mechagnome Mars_Trueskills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Odense, Denmark
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    sure? I used specific settings to give you something to compare, without the usual raid with addon specific drops or boralus with different populations.

    I would not compare a highly compressed screenshot that shows just the RTSS numbers to assume what quality 7 does in WoW. Its just a proof that the numbers are not out of the air - forum style.
    I'll compare when I get home, and ofc you're right in regards to the screenshot not showcasing the proper quality, it's just all I had to go on. :P



    Okay, so on graphic quality 7, with 1080p quality the fps was at its lowest 284'ish at most 310'ish.

    The strange thing is, when I increased the resolution to 1440p it barely touched the FPS.

    So the processor and ram OC'ed as you stated seem to be hammering the FPS upwards.
    Last edited by Mars_Trueskills; 2020-11-11 at 06:08 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    What I've found is 10-20% faster. It's not marginal but a lot faster. Pretty much demolishes intel. That's why they raised prices so much too ;_;
    Only if you're not running the 10600K overclocked (or 9600K, theyre basically the same silicon). Even with the improvements in IPC (where it is indeed 10-15% faster than the Intel part), its still got a 400-600mhz advantage since the 5800X is hard to get an all-core boost or OC to 5Ghz. Some chips can do it, most cant (but they still get to 4.7-4.8ghz, which is great).

    So in the end you're going to see extremely similar framerates with the 5800X and the modern i5, in WoW. The IPC gains for Ryzen will simply bring their minimum FPS up to parity or a little better than Intel (so youll drop below 60 less often and for less time) but max performance between the two (in non-CPU limited areas) will be negligible.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    WoW ancient is terribly optimized and will never compare to modern games like Doom Eternal.
    Dear god can we stop with this insane crap.

    It has nothing to do with the age of the engine (which at this point has been completely re-written several times over).

    It has to do with the nature of the game - its a secure client-server game that requires all Draw Calls to be controlled by the main thread because it must wait on the network thread before it can even start calculating and issuing draw calls.

    Eternal doesn't have that. Its just a single-player shooter that doesn't have to wait on anything and can spread all sorts of stuff across many cores in a way a secure client server game cannot.

    Other secure client-server games, with engines 15+ years "newer" than WoW have the exact same issues... because its the nature of said games.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2020-11-12 at 01:11 AM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Okay, so on graphic quality 7, with 1080p quality the fps was at its lowest 284'ish at most 310'ish.
    Since I replaced the 2070-Super with a 3080 FE, here some numbers, same setting, nothing else changed:

    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •