Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm only sad I don't get a corpse to desecrate with toys and take screenshots of. (Though my worgen is still content with his questline)
    CORRECTION. IF YOU EXIT THE CUTSCENE EARLY, YOU DO. Well, this is perfect now. /Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Just had chance to watch this. Extremely cringe. The pre-patch overall is a cringe fest. I hope to see less of Tyrande in SL. As a Horde, I am not interested in that cringy character or what she does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What a badass cinematic, great writing as well. Her anger however got the better of her. And she's unaware of the Maw situation. You guys don't realize that. Anyways, 10/10. Female empowering moment too
    Great writing? Cringe is leaking left and right. Felt like I was watching an Indian production.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-11-14 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Just had chance to watch this. Extremely cringe. The pre-patch overall is a cringe fest. I hope to see less of Tyrande in SL. As a Horde, I am not interested in that cringy character or what she does.
    As an Alliance player, I also wasn't interested in Saurfang, but I had to sit through 4 CGI cinematics solely dedicated to him last expansion. You can deal with 1 (regular) cinematic about Tyrande.

Also, if anything is cringy about that cinematic, it's Danuser's self insert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody made a thread out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    As an Alliance player, I also wasn't interested in Saurfang, but I had to sit through 4 CGI cinematics solely dedicated to him last expansion. You can deal with 1 (regular) cinematic about Tyrande.

Also, if anything is cringy about that cinematic, it's Danuser's self insert.
    The problem is not this character being Alliance. The problem is everything revolving around Tyrande is cringe as fuck. We looked for her husband in Valsharah. "Where is my husband?!?", like what the fuck? In BFA, Sylvanas rekt elves and Blizzard felt the pressure the need to make elves stronger. What we got is this cringe fiesta in the form of "Hey look, she beat what Jaina couldn't, Tyranda stronk, please alter your perception she stronk" and "look how stronk she is, she killed w/o looking yo".

This whole thing is a product of lesser intelligence and I am afraid I can not enjoy it.

The problem is not this character being Alliance. The problem is everything revolving around Tyrande is cringe as fuck. We looked for her husband in Valsharah. "Where is my husband?!?", like what the fuck? In BFA, Sylvanas rekt elves and Blizzard felt the pressure the need to make elves stronger. What we got is this cringe fiesta in the form of "Hey look, she beat what Jaina couldn't, Tyranda stronk, please alter your perception she stronk" and "look how stronk she is, she killed w/o looking yo".

This whole thing is a product of lesser intelligence and I am afraid I can not enjoy it.
    I don't see what the whole Val'sharah situation has to do with this? I also don't see how it's cringy that Tyrande is growing stronger. She's the High Priestess of an actual goddess. She's always been extremely powerful, her ascension into the Night Warrior only enhanced that.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Shouldn't be too spoilery to say this, but if you're hysterical don't read further: it's mentioned more than once in SL intro that Tyrande is growing more powerful at an alarming rate, and the NPCs speculate if she controls the this new power or it controls her.
    Even though it's foreshadowed that the Night Warrior power will eventually control/destroy her, if we have to suffer through the same writing as usual, Tyrande will be special-enough for this power to not kill her. She'll probably have to give it back to Elune or whatever at one point to avoid having her finish as Raid Encounter, but she definitely won't die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuntantee View Post
    this whole thing is a product of lesser intelligence and i am afraid i can not enjoy it.
    ahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Tyrande: "Where is she?"
    Nathanos: "With him, of course. In the DARKEST PLACE..."
    the darkest place huh? I knew she'd like it in the bum! she's nasty
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-11-16 at 10:53 AM.

Really dont get what you think is so cringe about it??

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Even though it's foreshadowed that the Night Warrior power will eventually control/destroy her, if we have to suffer through the same writing as usual, Tyrande will be special-enough for this power to not kill her. She'll probably have to give it back to Elune or whatever at one point to avoid having her finish as Raid Encounter, but she definitely won't die from it.
    considering that they're grooming Shandris to be the next Kaldorei leader, I'd think in the end Tyrande dies
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    considering that they're grooming Shandris to be the next Kaldorei leader, I'd think in the end Tyrande dies
    Maybe, but even if she dies, I guess she will play some important role in Ardeanweald or any other shadowlands realm connected to Elune, if they add something like that in future patches.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Just typical misuse of the word.

Their post is full of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The quality of scripts and the cutscene is extremely poor. The message they are trying to give is into-your-face. Their attempt to make up certain lore decisions (i.e., mistakes) they made is obvious and feels out-of-place. The scripts are poor, almost an insult to my intelligence. I do not need the lead from Lor'themar to conclude that Tyrande beat what Jiana couldn't from that dialog. The intelligence of Tyrande also reflects that of her writers (killing Nathanos when he literally says you'll be sending him to "his lady"). Not to mention they confused the anatomy of an undead with a human.

Whole production is steaming pile of shite.

Rewatch it again, and consider it with objectivity in isolation as in watching a game that you haven't seen before. If you still feel the same, you just have terrible taste in art

The quality of scripts and the cutscene is extremely poor. The message they are trying to give is into-your-face. Their attempt to make up certain lore decisions (i.e., mistakes) they made is obvious and feels out-of-place. The scripts are poor, almost an insult to my intelligence. I do not need the lead from Lor'themar to conclude that Tyrande beat what Jiana couldn't from that dialog. The intelligence of Tyrande also reflects that of her writers (killing Nathanos when he literally says you'll be sending him to "his lady"). Not to mention they confused the anatomy of an undead with a human.

Rewatch it again, and consider it with objectivity in isolation as in watching a game that you haven't seen before. If you still feel the same, you just have terrible taste in art
    I didn't know we were supposed to be watching a cutscene in a video game, designed completely around entertainment and therefore more beholden to the "rule of cool" than much else as if it were a film being shown at the Sundance festival to showcase the "art" of film making and trying to win awards or whatever.

Don't take it so seriously.

It's not going to win any awards, but it wasn't meant to. Could it have been better? Of course, but I think it's fine for what it was.

I know its basicly free points on this side to critisise the lore in wow. So many writers and poets here its genuinely amazing to see. But i have to be honest - i didnt find any of your arguments very convincing. The only direct argument i've seen is that Tyrande(and apparently, by extension, her writers) is stupid because she killed Nathanos

Objectively. People doing dumb things - does not reflect back on the writers being unintelligent. People do stupid things for several reasons, not just because they are unintelligent. Emotions often overshadow logic leading to objective mistakes in the real life - thus reflecting that in a video game isnt nessesarily a bad thing

Was watching this shit thinking: ‘Wow if only there was a precedent in nelf society for keeping immortal criminals alive for thousands of years in prisons designed to do exactly that...’ but no, Nathan For U has to limp ever forward in this tedious tedious arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    Was watching this shit thinking: ‘Wow if only there was a precedent in nelf society for keeping immortal criminals alive for thousands of years in prisons designed to do exactly that...’ but no, Nathan For U has to limp ever forward in this tedious tedious arc.
    When you understand the character was hijacked to become Steve Danuser's self-insert so he could lick Sylvie's boots, it all becomes clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    Considering how well that worked out the last time I think it would be obvious why they didn't do it. Besides, I don't think it was immortality so much than Malfurion didn't want to kill his brother that had him being imprisoned instead of executed. Even after WC3 the worst Malfurion would do to him was exile.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remain seething that this self-insert apex of cringe died a smug death. He could have known a moment of fear, doubt. Anything but getting another plot contrived in at the very end. This was not revenge or a fist-pumping moment. This was another kick to the teeth of nelves
    Wrath baby and proud of it