Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Waving an admonishing finger wherever and whenever you feel fit, with a whole holier-than-thou attitude is a core element of Alliance RPing. You should know by now
    Im just saying the horde is responsible for every war..

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Alliance started the Battle for Azeroth.

They attacked the Goblins in Silithus out of the blue.. It's in the quest text.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

To make you feel like an edgy "anti-hero" without actually changing your gameplay at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    She was never "bad out of the blue", she was bad since WC3. Varimathras even said that she was starting to resemble more and more the Nathrezim who, by the way, are bad people.
    Evil does not equal bad. Maybe she was evil, but she was not "bad" as in "bad guy" or "your enemy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    B) Torghast is the coolest thing Blizzard has produced

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Thats an opinion, not a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Evil does not equal bad. Maybe she was evil, but she was not "bad" as in "bad guy" or "your enemy".
    Evil and bad are synonymous in this sense. Enemy is not. Your enemy isn't necessarily evil, and there are situations where you aren't fighting somebody who is nonetheless evil. But somebody being bad or evil is the same thing.

You can remove the "maybe", and since she was evil, there was always the possibility that she'd turn on you. Your fault for ignoring it.

The writing was literally on the wall.
    Some will tell you that the Light is the only path. The only weapon that can stop the enemies of Azeroth. But we see alternatives. Many roads, many possibilities, that are open to us. There will be those who doubt you. Who question your resolve, your ability to harness powers that have caused the downfall of weaker wills. Together, we will prove them wrong.

What was the point of introducing branching in BFA war campaign questline if the choices don't have any impact and all we got in the end is Garrosh 2.0?
    Did I miss something here? Was something scrapped out of the game or just not completed at all?
    I don't see any suitable conslusion for those who chose to side with Sylvanas, and now with Nathanos' death there surely be none coming.
    There was no point in the long term but this was obvious already, did you think they would have created two horde quest lines for SL, one for the loyalists and one for the “traitors”?

Way too much work.

You can remove the "maybe", and since she was evil, there was always the possibility that she'd turn on you. Your fault for ignoring it.

The writing was literally on the wall.
    Easy to say that after everything had already happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    B) Torghast is the coolest thing Blizzard has produced

Easy to say that after everything had already happened.
    Not really. I predicted that Sylvanas would turn on the Horde since the BfA pre-patch. The story was very predictable.
    Some will tell you that the Light is the only path. The only weapon that can stop the enemies of Azeroth. But we see alternatives. Many roads, many possibilities, that are open to us. There will be those who doubt you. Who question your resolve, your ability to harness powers that have caused the downfall of weaker wills. Together, we will prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    There was no point in the long term but this was obvious already, did you think they would have created two horde quest lines for SL, one for the loyalists and one for the “traitors”?

Way too much work.
    They probably did. And then expected even more subdivisions. Which should make it clear why this was never a feasible path to begin with; you'd end up with hundreds of different paths in short order.

Not really. I predicted that Sylvanas would turn on the Horde since the BfA pre-patch. The story was very predictable.
    Took ya that long huh? Was obvious the moment she was chosen as Warchief in Legion, even moreso after meeting her in Helheim.

Because players were complaining so god damed much that they didn't support what she was doing. The developers had to implement systems where you had to choose where normally you would just be an observer. You didn't get to choose to side with Garrosh for example but those were different times, before outrage became the default emotion for people

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Because players were complaining so god damed much that they didn't support what she was doing. The developers had to implement systems where you had to choose where normally you would just be an observer. You didn't get to choose to side with Garrosh for example but those were different times, before outrage became the default emotion for people
    Ahaha. Hahahahahaha.

If you think that gamers didn't start going into whiny-baby-outrage mode en masse until after Cata/Mists, I have a bridge to sell you.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ahaha. Hahahahahaha.

If you think that gamers didn't go into whiny-baby-outrage mode en masse until after Cata/Mists, I have a bridge to sell you.
    Is it red? Not interested in stone bridges.

I'm pretty sure i've seen that behaviour well before WoW even released.

For me? It let me play the bad guy for once, which was why I chose Horde in the first place; I assumed they would be the darker faction. It was poorly done compared to games like Star Wars where choices affect the story, and where there is no blatant "you were right, you were wrong" at the end, but at least it was something.

Being on the right side of history.

I like to think it was blizzard's way of data-oriented decisionmaking. (via an ingame vote)

Wrong. Many Banshee loyalists are being paraded around Orgrimmar. The new government does not accept people who do not forsake their former loyalties to Sylvanas. So you either renounce your loyalty to Sylvanas, or you are thrown into jail.

The PC chose option 1. Wise choice.
    They should've gone the WW1 and 2 route and executed the banshee loyalists. Everyone can "renounce" Sylvanas and still be loyal to her. Why take the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    They should've gone the WW1 and 2 route and executed the banshee loyalists. Everyone can "renounce" Sylvanas and still be loyal to her. Why take the risk?
    How would you implement that? Delete the PCs that choose to be a loyalist?