Thread: Barber lighting

Barber lighting

Has anybody noticed that the lighting at the barbershop (specially Orgrimmar, not so in SW) is terrible? You can't tell the correct shades of the colors. IS there any way to change this? Or are there other barbershops appart from SW/Org?

Most cities have barbershops. But Dalaran probably has fairly neutral lighting.

The Stormwind Barber turned all of my female human faces into odd duckfaces with stretched out lips, all because a single polygon on the lips themselves refused to shade properly. The effect is completely illusionary but it makes it really hard to gauge things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or are there other barbershops appart from SW/Org?
    Boralus, Dazar, Dalaran (old and new)

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Has anybody noticed that the lighting at the barbershop (specially Orgrimmar, not so in SW) is terrible? You can't tell the correct shades of the colors. IS there any way to change this? Or are there other barbershops appart from SW/Org?
    faces in general sometimes look weird at the barber

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran is probably the best for Horde. Dazar'alor is even worse than Org.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    The lighting in all of them is broke and bad, and since you can't mouse over yourself anymore to adapt, it sucks. Someone told me (I think it was @Alayea) that the Netherstorm barber has the best lighting but I actually checked it out on an alt who was in that area and it still isn't great.

I wish Blizz would just fix it so you had mouseover lighting regardless. It would make it all better.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Man yes I've noticed this a lot recently. It was especially terrible for selecting skin tones and hair colors for trolls ... in Zandalar, ironically enough.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins are not friendly with the idea of high electric bills. Maybe they should install up some mirrors to lighten up the area.

Yep, the lighting is awful. And also that fugly black overlay they apply to the preview screen seems to be broken too since if I just try to rotate the camera via right-click it will just drag the overlay around although this could be due to addons (Drag'emAll)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xosimos View Post
    Dalaran is probably the best for Horde. Dazar'alor is even worse than Org.
    Idd, Dala seems the only neutral lighting barber for the horde that isnt annoying.

In OG your character switches 180 with the face to the shadows.. hard to make sense of colors like that I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The lighting in all of them is broke and bad, and since you can't mouse over yourself anymore to adapt, it sucks. Someone told me (I think it was @Alayea) that the Netherstorm barber has the best lighting but I actually checked it out on an alt who was in that area and it still isn't great.

I wish Blizz would just fix it so you had mouseover lighting regardless. It would make it all better.
    Yep, that was me. In fairness, though, I do believe I said something about the Cosmowrench barbershop to the effect of "the best, but still crappy". :P
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Yep, that was me. In fairness, though, I do believe I said something about the Cosmowrench barbershop to the effect of "the best, but still crappy". :P
    Yeah, my fault for expecting miracles

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |