Page 93 of 103 FirstFirst ...
43
83
91
92
93
94
95
... LastLast
  1. #1841
    Stood in the Fire RCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NJ US
    Posts
    395
    Surprise surprise Val and bwod vote for me. Gonna walk on the beach to reflect.

    How do you complain about my lurking town status, not vote for me two days, then jump on me when lynching a useless town member is pay it’s prime.

  2. #1842
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,232
    We were pushing to lynch you before, but each time a more pressing matter came up.

  3. #1843
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    I want to vote Listo but that's because I'm unfamiliar with his play and I think he could be a trickster when it comes to posts, BUT there's a big chance I'm wrong. My gut tells me it's Listo after all, I will CHOOSE right now to ignore my gut and not vote Listo, trusting that he's a VT. My gut or any gut can be deceiving so those left are:

    Robo/Lora/Viro
    If it weren't for Graeham saying he protected Listo, and the cannibal kill being missing last night, I would be a lot more willing to vote for him today. Thing is, if I trust Graeham to be the doctor, Listo's very unlikely to be a SK thanks to that. Ideally, we still kill the cannibal today, so I think it best to aim for somebody that could still be either SK or mafia.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's partly for that reason that I'm less quick to vote against the two newer players, we've been assuming that the SK was a veteran because of the kill choices. Then again, that could be wrong. First kill is easy for anybody who sees a threat in the guy who put a detailed vote analysis of day 1 during day 1. In hindsight we even see that he pointed out an actual mafian with that strategy. It doesn't require a veteran to target him, just someone able to realize that such effort and analysis was a threat.

    Also, can everybody please shut up about how they can't be the SK because they would have killed X, Y and Z? That is meaningless drivel. Just because early in the game I said I would have killed Crackle and Cereal as my first 2 targets as SK (for the cereal/serial killer pun) doesn't make me not the SK, you guys saying it now doesn't mean anything either.

  4. #1844
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    If it weren't for Graeham saying he protected Listo, and the cannibal kill being missing last night, I would be a lot more willing to vote for him today. Thing is, if I trust Graeham to be the doctor, Listo's very unlikely to be a SK thanks to that. Ideally, we still kill the cannibal today, so I think it best to aim for somebody that could still be either SK or mafia.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's partly for that reason that I'm less quick to vote against the two newer players, we've been assuming that the SK was a veteran because of the kill choices. Then again, that could be wrong. First kill is easy for anybody who sees a threat in the guy who put a detailed vote analysis of day 1 during day 1. In hindsight we even see that he pointed out an actual mafian with that strategy. It doesn't require a veteran to target him, just someone able to realize that such effort and analysis was a threat.

    Also, can everybody please shut up about how they can't be the SK because they would have killed X, Y and Z? That is meaningless drivel. Just because early in the game I said I would have killed Crackle and Cereal as my first 2 targets as SK (for the cereal/serial killer pun) doesn't make me not the SK, you guys saying it now doesn't mean anything either.
    i mean, it means something when you look at every single game i've ever been a killer and killed duckboy wonder first. i am nothing if not consistent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  5. #1845
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    God damn it, refreshed the wrong page and lost what I was typing.

  6. #1846
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,232
    rip

  7. #1847
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Let's try and see...why would the SK target Listo? Time to think like a serial killer. Options:

    1) They believed he was mafia, perhaps due to Satsu's fake claim pushing for his lynch as a bluff, perhaps for other reasons. This implies he thinks the mafia killing him at night are a bigger threat than lynching is. He has a bullet proof vest, which means it takes at least 2 nights to kill him, but it only takes 1 day to lynch him. This implies to me that unless he feels absolutely no risk of being lynched at all as of last night (candidates: Val, Graeham, Clarinet, Lora are biggest ones then), then it's likely that none of the SK kills have been on mafia, so they have 2 people left and are unlikely to be eliminated during the day before they can possibly find and kill him. In this situation, it merely requires somebody confident enough to deflect onto other lynch candidates and not necessarily be completely safe from lynch, because there's a lot of lynch bait around. If I had to guess which is more likely, it's that there are 2 mafia left.

    2) They just really wanted a kill to not be blocked and chose somebody that they thought wasn't likely to be protected by the doctor. This option certainly leaves open the possibility of mafia being down to 1 member. If they aren't hunting mafia, then they feel less threatened at night by them. One mafian remaining could be wiped out by a lynch, or by hitting the last mafian at night by chance.

    3) They made a mistake by targeting lynch bait. Tired? Not paying attention? Inexperience leading to not being sure who to target, perhaps?

    4) They felt directly threatened by listo, as in he was a good candidate for somebody who would push them to be lynched.


    Well...let's explore things that the victims said that may have led to their deaths.

    1) Firebert- Was an obvious kill for anybody, really, thanks to his vote analysis of day 1 put out on day 1. In retrospect, he correctly called out a mafian with his analysis. The only other person he called out was Bwonsamdi. Bwonsamdi as a newbie has direct incentive to remove him for being called out, and anybody new or veteran saw his analysis and could easily see he was a threat. He was perhaps the person to put the most effort into day 1.

    2) dupti- looking back through his posts specifically, he did more than I remembered. Lots of little things, pushing people for info, saying who he trusts and didn't trust, weighing in on all sorts of things. He didn't have any major callouts, from what I saw. He said the idea of Val being the SK was growing on him. He also said after saying that he was a terrible SK, that Virothe often did quite well. It's not a lot, but interesting since Virothe is one of the remaining players and SK suspect. Could have been targeted for just seeming generally active, but /shrug.

    3) Blood Fox- He also said the duelling doctor claims should very much be left to the scum to deal with, which maybe the SK would have preferred a lynch on one and tried killing the guy who was the biggest obstacle to that. I definitely remember him being big on lynching RCA, calling him out repeatedly and being rude by intentionally calling him the wrong name (RCB). Could be an angle of RCA getting rid of the one who pushed hardest for his lynch, and maybe getting rid of the guy being rude to him as a bonus. Could have been killed merely because he was seen to be able to convince town of doing a particular action (may have appeared to convince town not to lynch either doctor claim)

    Maybe I'll look through some of listo's posts from yesterday to see if I notice anything in particular, even if he's capable of speaking for himself.

    4) Listo- Oof. Called me out directly, and I insulted him in return, though he did try to pump the breaks when I was L-2 pretty early. Did call out RCA as a complete non figure in the game so far. Called out RCA as "lurker suspicious". Called out Lora, specifically calling him a liar. Hmmm...Lora is known to be petty (just look at his fuck the duck routine, or the extended anger over his joke line involving a weak pseudo wolf like soft claim being taken too seriously) I wouldn't put it past him to kill him for being a dick to him. Says Robo/Satsu/Bwon as remaining mafia, Virothe/Clarinet as SK.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Looking through some posts, RCA comes up a lot with Listo and Blood, especially heavy with Blood.

    Virothe comes up with dupti and listo. I don't think he's the type to just kill off anybody who suspects him, but maybe.

    I myself come up with Listo, however I remember Blood Fox defending me and even listo tried to slow down the train on me.

    Lora comes up with listo, but not really anywhere else.

    Bwonsamdi comes up with Firebert, but Blood frequently defended her.

  8. #1848
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,877
    my plan tonight is to get absolutely smashed so that i end up sleeping good for shadowlands launch tomorrow. any typos that follow are not my fault and you can eat my ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  9. #1849
    Pandaren Monk Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    1,994
    My computer actually works properly now so same here Lora
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

  10. #1850
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Bwonsamdi seems a weak choice for SK even if we open it up to newbies, since her inexperience likely would lead to her specifically not being willing to target Blood, who was definitely defending her from people at various points. She was called out by Firebert on day 1, but it was a minor call out and he believed it was likely just her flailing from not knowing what to do. I think if Bwon is scum, she's mafia. (as an aside, Bagel being killed by mafia is an odd choice given his somewhat scummy status, perhaps the vets of the mafia are wiped out and it's just a newbie now? Or maybe a vet just figured that while people didn't like what Bagel did, they weren't gonna lynch him)

    I was defended somewhat by Blood as well if I recall correctly (am I misremembering I am starting to doubt myself on this, actually), so probably wouldn't kill him, but I'm more experienced that Bwon and might be less afraid of culling my support. Additionally, I hadn't even read the latter half of D1 until D4, so I didn't see Firebert's vote analysis or that he could be a threat (not that I'd feel too threatened by it to begin with). I literally didn't realize dupti had been fairly actively contributing until I searched his posts today. I also died early last game and was unaware entirely of who survived to the end, which gets rid of the veteran choosing to kill people who lived a long time early in this game. Much of that, however, is something you guys would have to take my word for, which you can't safely do. I'd put myself as more likely than Bwon, but not all that likely. Of course, that's if I were trying to look at it as if I were some random guy that I didn't know the role of. I know my role and clearly trust myself to not be scum of any sort.

    Virothe I think is more likely than myself in this group. Nobody among the victims defended him at all, and two of them called him out. I don't know how long he lived last time, but if he lived longer than me he might have a better idea as to who survived to near the end (such as Firebert and dupti). Two of the victims/intended victims at least pseudo called him out, with listo saying he was one of two SK suspects for him, and dupti saying he was a dangerous foe as a SK. However, I still think he's not one of those people to just slaughter people who call him out like that, but it's not a strong shield.

    RCA- Blood Fox was riding his ass all day before he was eaten. Listo called him out at least twice. Nobody defended him that was targeted (though the numbers who defended him in general are few, I can only think of Clarinet). He's inexperienced, which might work in his favour with the first 2 kills, but could make him more likely to outright slaughter those who are up in his face for the latter two.


    Screw it.

    vote: RCA

    I don't know who you are as a person or as a player, but it's suspicious to see a player's only defense being "I'm town, and you're mislynching me, and I don't know people so can't give proper reads", being pretty much absent until you're called out, plus the meta read of maybe a newbie player going after listo who was lynch bait, and having 2 people targeted by the SK that called you out, one of whom was very vocal about it, plus in general having a less than stellar voting record (though that means little for a SK since they don't know who is mafia, and that nobody's record is great, but there's still the off chance you could be mafia instead which is a plus).

    Am I wrong? Perhaps. But I have what I think is satisfactory reasoning to suspect you. If you flip town, sorry, but I won't regret my choice as it makes sense to me at this time.

  11. #1851
    Stood in the Fire RCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NJ US
    Posts
    395
    That’s a hell of amount of writing for a mislynch. My vote for a mafia last day should be convincing enough.

    Not sure why b box came after, even after defending his narrow scoped music. And rude to me, that’s rich. There’s absolutely nothing any of you can say that I’d consider rude or hurtful, tbh. Fire away people, lemme have it, hell I probably deserve it somewhat.

    Two groups here: one who wants me dead for doing nothing and another who wants me alive for diverting attention. The latter mostly got their use so they'll probably follow suit now.

    Over-analyzing Ottos for sure. Maybe I’ll put together an analyze list later tonight, when I finally got some time and everyone goes to bed. And if I die before that whoever’s got the best skin in the game needs to realize how truthful I’ve been.

  12. #1852
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    That’s a hell of amount of writing for a mislynch. My vote for a mafia last day should be convincing enough.

    Not sure why b box came after, even after defending his narrow scoped music. And rude to me, that’s rich. There’s absolutely nothing any of you can say that I’d consider rude or hurtful, tbh. Fire away people, lemme have it, hell I probably deserve it somewhat.

    Two groups here: one who wants me dead for doing nothing and another who wants me alive for diverting attention. The latter mostly got their use so they'll probably follow suit now.

    Over-analyzing Ottos for sure. Maybe I’ll put together an analyze list later tonight, when I finally got some time and everyone goes to bed. And if I die before that whoever’s got the best skin in the game needs to realize how truthful I’ve been.
    Oh! I didn't realize you voted against a mafian once! Hold the presses! We can't lynch him, he voted for mafia once shortly before the almost certainly planned out fake claim that his allies likely already knew about ahead of time! Forget that Satsu had actually given up getting out of being lynched with his claim and his allies would have known that!

    Oh, and while we're at it, we can pardon literally everybody else who ever voted against mafia too! Let's see the list

    Bwonsamdi is pardoned. Voted against Satsu and Cereal.
    Clarinet is pardoned, voted against Cereal and Satsu
    Graeham is pardoned, voted against Cereal and Satsu
    listo is not pardoned, for shame!
    Lora is pardoned, voted for Cereal and Satsu!
    Robo is pardoned, voted for Cereal!
    Val is pardoned, voted for Satsu!
    Virothe is pardoned, voted for Cereal!

    Well, that was easy. Let's all lynch listo and the game is over! We found both the SK and last mafian in that one player! /sarcasm

  13. #1853
    Stood in the Fire RCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NJ US
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Oh! I didn't realize you voted against a mafian once! Hold the presses! We can't lynch him, he voted for mafia once shortly before the almost certainly planned out fake claim that his allies likely already knew about ahead of time! Forget that Satsu had actually given up getting out of being lynched with his claim and his allies would have known that!

    Oh, and while we're at it, we can pardon literally everybody else who ever voted against mafia too! Let's see the list

    Bwonsamdi is pardoned. Voted against Satsu and Cereal.
    Clarinet is pardoned, voted against Cereal and Satsu
    Graeham is pardoned, voted against Cereal and Satsu
    listo is not pardoned, for shame!
    Lora is pardoned, voted for Cereal and Satsu!
    Robo is pardoned, voted for Cereal!
    Val is pardoned, voted for Satsu!
    Virothe is pardoned, voted for Cereal!

    Well, that was easy. Let's all lynch listo and the game is over! We found both the SK and last mafian in that one player! /sarcasm
    God you got it so wrong, it’s mind-bottleing.

  14. #1854
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    God you got it so wrong, it’s mind-bottleing.
    You have said absolutely nothing to convince anybody of being wrong to suspect you. You can't just whine "you're gonna mislynch me, I'm totally town guys!" every time people suspect you and expect it to do anything.

  15. #1855
    Stood in the Fire RCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NJ US
    Posts
    395
    And you’re counting votes that didn’t lead to a lynch. Actions over words.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But I can do that? Lol, list the rules

  16. #1856
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    And you’re counting votes that didn’t lead to a lynch. Actions over words.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But I can do that? Lol, list the rules
    Votes that don't lead to a lynch are actions. If you think me saying you can't just say that expect people to believe you is the same as me saying that it's against the rules to say that, then you really dense. I'm saying that saying that gives nobody reason to believe you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Saying "I'm town, you're going to mislynch me, you're so wrong" is saying nothing. Everybody will say they are town, and that lynching them is a mislynch and that people are wrong to lynch them. Surprisingly enough, there's nothing stopping scum from saying that. Actions speak louder than words, and all you are is a bunch of weak words. Not even strong ones, words that fade into the background because they are meaningless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This is why people have wanted you lynched for so long. You are contributing nothing to this game. You're words aren't even worth considering a defense of yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wait...I just had a terrifying thought. Please tell me you didn't take my post that I literally ended with /sarcasm as serious? Please tell me you did not think I seriously said we should pardon all those people who voted against scum? Because I just had the thought that the "you counted votes that didn't lead to a lynch" is a rebuttal to my post that ended with /sarcasm. Please, for the love of everything that anybody holds dear, tell me you are capable of realizing something dripping with sarcasm in presentation and literally ending with /sarcasm is a person being sarcastic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The fact of the matter is, your vote against Satsu doesn't necessarily mean jack when it comes to you being mafia. Satsu very likely was crafting that fake claim ahead of time and discussed it with his allies, and if you craft a claim where you say you are the serial killer, you are not going in expecting to avoid being lynched.

    Secondly, one of the things I am accusing you of is possibly being the serial killer. The serial killer isn't on a team with the mafia, so you're vote against Satsu means nothing in relation to that possibility. While the possibility of you being mafia is there, it's not the primary suspicion I'm pushing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It would be a hell of a lot more convincing if after you said "God, how can you guys be soooo wrong!?"you followed it up with even the slightest effort towards pointing us to what is actually "right".

  17. #1857
    The More RCA posts the more he kinda puts himself into the scum category for me.

    Also just to address something because I saw Robo and maybe a couple others mention it.

    Who I kill in a given game when I have the ability to do so honestly just depends on the game, like ya it's not 100% in line with me to merc people because they suspect me and do I have a baseline logic of knowing that's a terrible play because it ends up backfiring most of the time? Sure!

    But would I do it just because it seemed like fun? Probably? I don't think I would do it in a game like this in particular. But I can't say I 100% wouldn't either.

    Also

    Vote: Rca

    I stand by my previous vote on him, he just comes off as a lurker / troll this game and doesn't seem 100% invested.

  18. #1858
    Stood in the Fire RCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NJ US
    Posts
    395
    Hey everyone I learned about sarcasm tonight. /sarcasm

    ^call it for what it was it was worth and as I just did too. Aka “mockery”.

    Calling me mafia, sk is wrong. Lol I’m literally telling everyone, and if you need a night of my death to figure that out, I’ll stand by my remark of being telling you it’s a very dumb vote and benefits the remaining scum. My absence in posting is contributed to a handful of outside factors, nothing related within the game. And if some players start to call you out for playing badly or not doing xyz, I’m gonna come back to them with the shit argument because that’s what they deserve and most importantly because I don’t have the reads on anyone being VT.

  19. #1859
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Hey everyone I learned about sarcasm tonight. /sarcasm

    ^call it for what it was it was worth and as I just did too. Aka “mockery”.

    Calling me mafia, sk is wrong. Lol I’m literally telling everyone, and if you need a night of my death to figure that out, I’ll stand by my remark of being telling you it’s a very dumb vote and benefits the remaining scum. My absence in posting is contributed to a handful of outside factors, nothing related within the game. And if some players start to call you out for playing badly or not doing xyz, I’m gonna come back to them with the shit argument because that’s what they deserve and most importantly because I don’t have the reads on anyone being VT.
    Unfortunately, since you have done nothing to actually convince anybody that you are town other than scream "I'm town, you guys are so stupid!", we do need your death to figure that out. Literally telling everyone that they're wrong about you being mafia or SK is literally telling us nothing if you don't do anything more than that.

    You can say we're playing badly all you want, but even in the most generous of circumstance towards you, it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. In a less generous and more true interpretation: you're presence in this game is entirely to the benefit of scum from day 1 to right now no matter what your role is. Your play has been complete trash.

  20. #1860
    Stood in the Fire RCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NJ US
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Unfortunately, since you have done nothing to actually convince anybody that you are town other than scream "I'm town, you guys are so stupid!", we do need your death to figure that out. Literally telling everyone that they're wrong about you being mafia or SK is literally telling us nothing if you don't do anything more than that.

    You can say we're playing badly all you want, but even in the most generous of circumstance towards you, it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. In a less generous and more true interpretation: you're presence in this game is entirely to the benefit of scum from day 1 to right now no matter what your role is. Your play has been complete trash.
    I was saying “that I was” getting called out for playing badly/poorly. How the fuck can I gauge others people play from good to bad, when this is my very first game. And you’re like the first person to tell me I’m trash...you misread like 3 of my sentences during this back and fourth, loras gonna cum in and hammer soon, hopefully he can say something cool completely twisted to make me smile before I’m gone.

    Vote:Robo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •