Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Well, at least you're honest about the broadly applied OMGUS motive. Everyone sucks for taking your stupid thing seriously, so you'll take another stupid thing seriously as revenge.
    revenge is too strong a word for it. its not wrong, but its too strong. others were belligerent about my stupid thing, so im gonna be belligerent about their stupid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Okay, I can see the presence of a cannibal is making people panic. Also, I find it funny that the two people I said the cannibal should've eaten first are the cop and the guy the cop investigated as mafia. Well, let's hope the doctor can protect him for one night and wasn't Firebert. He can block all kills on the target, so we should get at least one more night out of him.
    That was what I was thinking, I still should be able to get one more result, if Firebert isn't the Doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Okay, I can see the presence of a cannibal is making people panic. Also, I find it funny that the two people I said the cannibal should've eaten first are the cop and the guy the cop investigated as mafia. Well, let's hope the doctor can protect him for one night and wasn't Firebert. He can block all kills on the target, so we should get at least one more night out of him.
    we can assume the doc self protected night one so they can protect anyone but themselves tonight but it means the cop is dead day 4.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I get claiming when you have a mafia hit, but it does seem a bit early, BUT we do have a doctor so you'll at least last another day. I guess getting that info out there before you unluckily get killed/nommed is better, but at the same time, I feel like another night at least to see if you could nab two would've been better. Still....

unvote vote CerealLord

sorry new guy. Cop claim beats letting new people live :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Probably a mistake, but we'll see. It's hard to find reasons to push someone that doesn't seem overly suspicious with their actions but you KNOW they're mafia.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have, if there wasn't a cannibal.
    im going to find it extra amusing if you are right, because of your sig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bageloaf View Post
    I mean, I get claiming when you have a mafia hit, but it does seem a bit early, BUT we do have a doctor so you'll at least last another day. I guess getting that info out there before you unluckily get killed/nommed is better, but at the same time, I feel like another night at least to see if you could nab two would've been better. Still....

unvote vote CerealLord

sorry new guy. Cop claim beats letting new people live :P
    allegedly we have a doctor. we can only hope it wasnt firebert.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah, forgot that the doc could've been nommed night one, but then again, the smart play for a doc on night one is protect themself

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    im going back to decapitating people and severing their limbs in valhalla. lemme tell you, it never gets old ruining kids lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bageloaf View Post
    oh yeah, forgot that the doc could've been nommed night one, but then again, the smart play for a doc on night one is protect themself
    bold of you to assume any of us are smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is quite bold, especially for Firebert after last game assuming all the remaining town were scum :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    hard claiming on day 2 is such a bad play, especially when there was no pressure on you whatsoever to claim crackle. you're either the worst cop ever or a ballsy mafioso.
    Well, he did say he sort of soft claimed earlier, so he may be afraid of having put a target on his back already. Though, the cannibal has incentive to not kill the cop anyway, since the cop only receives results of other/mafia, meaning he is effectively immune to investigations and he could lead to easy lynches on people other than him/herself.

I disagree with ballsy mafioso at this point. It's much too early for it to be a viable mafioso play. What happens if he's a mafia? He leads us to kill an innocent, which means he traded 1 mafia for 1 townie as a shot in the dark when mafia are nowhere near winning. Terrible trade for him to make willingly. Even worse if he sacrifices a teammate for this, unless he really thinks that the cannibal killed the cop...but he would have no way to know that, and the SK would definitely kill him at night because he knows he's not the cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he did say he sort of soft claimed earlier, so he may be afraid of having put a target on his back already. Though, the cannibal has incentive to not kill the cop anyway, since the cop only receives results of other/mafia, meaning he is effectively immune to investigations and he could lead to easy lynches on people other than him/herself.

I disagree with ballsy mafioso at this point. It's much too early for it to be a viable mafioso play. What happens if he's a mafia? He leads us to kill an innocent, which means he traded 1 mafia for 1 townie as a shot in the dark when mafia are nowhere near winning. Terrible trade for him to make willingly. Even worse if he sacrifices a teammate for this, unless he really thinks that the cannibal killed the cop...but he would have no way to know that, and the SK would definitely kill him at night because he knows he's not the cop.
    Yes that is correct. My results aren't town/sk/mafia, they come back as mafia or "other". So I will never know who the SK even if I do investigate them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will abstain from voting until I finish reading through d2.

10+ Year Old Account

I just find it eerily convenient that you mentioned someone spelling they were the bomber and then crackle announced he spelled he was the sheriff. I'll be honest, I'm never looking THAT in detail to people's sentences because that's literally a needle in a fucking haystack, which you seemingly noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was what I was thinking, I still should be able to get one more result, if Firebert isn't the Doctor.
    Should be glad I'm not the SK, I would've wrecked this game. Eating your target N1, and then eating you the cop N2. You wouldn't have claimed (though likely would know Cereal was mafia, but without claiming nobody else would ever learn that), so you wouldn't get protected. I'd have removed 2 important pieces from play right at the start of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I just find it eerily convenient that you mentioned someone spelling they were the bomber and then crackle announced he spelled he was the sheriff. I'll be honest, I'm never looking THAT in detail to people's sentences because that's literally a needle in a fucking haystack, which you seemingly noticed.
    I didn't notice, he literally explained what he was doing in the dead thread that we both entered at the same time because I'm the vampire he blew the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

He also said he didn't get enough posts to complete the message. If I had noticed, I definitely wouldn't have tried to bite him.

- - - Updated - - -

It is very weird to see that come up after I mention it, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird or not, if Cereal flips town, or even weirder the SK, we have our 1 for 1 trade by lynching Crackle tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbf I waiting for Robos and Virothes appearances and weighing the progress of the day before claiming. I wasn't also going to claim straight away, once day started. I was thinking about the SK a lot and decided I don't want to die without disclosing important information.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird or not, if Cereal flips town, or even weirder the SK, we have our 1 for 1 trade by lynching Crackle tomorrow.
    You've already mentioned this, but me being a mafioso trading 1 for 1 on a random town isn't the best play. Especially if that random town isn't the cop. So hopefully no bastard mods, everything will go fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    First am I the only one seeing Cereal have 3 posts in a row but not be added to the first post on this page? Secondly, this was the train on Val at end of day
    Lora #369 , Crackleslap #427 , Bwomsamdi #547 , Dupti #560 , Cereal #615 , Val #645 , Clarinet #647 , SatsuBL #649 , Graeham #650

Neither of our dead voted Val at all. My general thought is scum dislike being early on a train so I am putting Lora, Crackle, Bwon as leaning town for now. I find scum like to hide in the latter parts of a vote train, especially if it was a mafia member, since Val isn't actually dead yet so that would make Clarinet, Satsu, and Graeham as my most sus from the list. Also depending on Val's alignment whenever we find it out (I'm leaning town right now due to the play but yeah) the people who were around but did not vote should also be scrutinized. Which I know I am one of those but in my defense I was at work and got a late break so I had 0 chances to check thread at work until day already ended.
    Scum don't like being early on a train? What manner of madness is this? Though it's true that mafia don't want to lynch their own and end up late in the trains quite often, if their own is getting lynched they want to be early on the train because it gives town cred. If Val is town, then scum don't really like being anywhere on the train because it's a vote for town regardless and therefore suspicious. Early could mean they pushed a town lynch over a more viable candidate, late means they clinched a town lynch, and middle they're just trying to not be on either suspicious end. Of course, trying to avoid lynching can be suspicious too, and it all ends up being WIFOM garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scum don't like being early on a train? What manner of madness is this? Though it's true that mafia don't want to lynch their own and end up late in the trains quite often, if their own is getting lynched they want to be early on the train because it gives town cred. If Val is town, then scum don't really like being anywhere on the train because it's a vote for town regardless and therefore suspicious. Early could mean they pushed a town lynch over a more viable candidate, late means they clinched a town lynch, and middle they're just trying to not be on either suspicious end. Of course, trying to avoid lynching can be suspicious too, and it all ends up being WIFOM garbage.
    I'm going under the assumption that Val is town/SK, if Val flips mafia then that pretty much flips those results around. Also this method has worked very well for me in the past so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    People have had mood swings in these games where they go "I hate you all, I hate this game" but they always calm down.
    Not always. We've had a few people rage quite and not come back. If I recall, a couple would be Blueobelisk (relatively new at the time) and Silkku (a veteran at the time). Silkku was a pretty big dick, in general, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, Listo ignores me mentioning him but as soon as he's quoted he responds.....

Tbf I waiting for Robos and Virothes appearances and weighing the progress of the day before claiming.
    pffft, I do what I want

Vote: Cereal

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still holding out for the day phoenix comes back