Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    We know it via deductive logic and physics-based explanations.
    So... just like the things you deny?

Edit: *looks at thread title* Uhm... let’s change this to the sun engulfing the proud boys, not the whole earth. It’s true either way, but maybe more on topic? lol
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-18 at 02:03 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's a German saying that, if there's a Nazi at the table and 10 others sitting there talking with him, there's 11 Nazis at the table. Giving these kinds of extremists a platform means you're complicit with and supportive of their ideology.

If you find that objectionable, well, be smarter about shit.
    Just for fun, I'd like to point out that I have never ever heard this said in Germany. It's a notion I fully support, but after a short search I couldn't find anyone who is credited with saying that, only 'foreingers' quoting it as a German saying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Okay... so... why would the sun expand and cause doom, yet climate change won’t?

No it’s not... for the same reason you believe the sun will expand...
    No that's absurd. Anthropogenic climate change will only cause the average temperature to increase by a few degrees where as the sun expanding will create numbers that are 100x higher. You must be insane if you think they are comparable and that the means of civilization cannot function if the average temperature is only a few degrees higher.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-18 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    No that's absurd. Anthropogenic climate change will only cause the average temperature to increase by a few degrees where as the sun expanding will cause numbers that are 100x higher. You must be insane if you think they are comparable and that the means of civilization cannot function if the average temperature is only a few degrees higher.
    I'm always surprised about how little you know about how much climate affects civilization.

https://climaterealityproject.org/bl...degrees-warmer

"Only a few degrees."

Ffs.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pure speculation though. You're assuming we won't adapt and thrive in spite of environmental changes.
    Sure, if we polluted the air and water, humans could still adapt and deal with it in some way. Doesn't mean it's a good idea or that a lot of people won't suffer along the way. If we can see the possible negative outcomes of our actions, why should we not strive to avoid those actions or lessen the impact? It's like saying it's 'pure speculation' that we would get hurt by not wearing a seatbelt and driving too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    It will happen... Millions or billions of years in the future. It has no relevancy to humanity.
    Yeah, but @PC2 doesn't know that. No such thing as predictions in their world.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    One specific member that just so happens to be the former President of the Proud Boys. Let's not gloss over that little detail in your attempts to minimize this.
    I mean to completely ruin the movement a chapman is supposed to not just infiltrate it but become a head of it and make it look so terrible no decent person would join and this specific chapman is doing damn well

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the GOP is following the Proud Boys lead.... being more overt in their adoration for things Nazi.

Name is familiar. Oh y it's this guy!
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I mean to completely ruin the movement a chapman is supposed to not just infiltrate it but become a head of it and make it look so terrible no decent person would join and this specific chapman is doing damn well
    Yeah, sure. When all you have is a conspiracy theory...I guess you just have to go all in on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that's absurd. Anthropogenic climate change will only cause the average temperature to increase by a few degrees where as the sun expanding will create numbers that are 100x higher. You must be insane if you think they are comparable and that the means of civilization cannot function if the average temperature is only a few degrees higher.
    The sun will expand to engulf the earth in BILLIONS of years.

How many years does the average temperature need to increase by a few degrees, for you to see a problem?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Looks like the GOP is following the Proud Boys lead.... being more overt in their adoration for things Nazi.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnFSk4MXYAAdjhN?format=jpg&name=360x360[IMG]

Name is familiar. Oh y it's this guy!
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnFSk4MXYAocmtz?format=jpg&name=360x360[IMG]
    Proud Boys are more secular though where as that guy is a Christian supremacist. Being passionate about converting Jews into Christians is anti-semitic on some level but guys like that would probably rather be the only white guy in a Christian country rather than be the only Christian in a white country where practicing religion is banned.

Being passionate about converting Jews into Christians is anti-semitic on some level but guys like that would probably rather be the only white guy in a Christian country rather than be the only Christian in a white country where practicing religion is banned.
    So...fundamental irrationality, fear of persecution without basis, and a complete detachment from the world and society. With a heavy dash of bigotry for flavor.

There's a lot of terrible, awful, no-good, flat-out wrong ideas to discuss there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proud Boys are more secular though where as that guy is a Christian supremacist. Being passionate about converting Jews into Christians is anti-semitic on some level but guys like that would probably rather be the only white guy in a Christian country rather than be the only Christian in a white country where practicing religion is banned.
    You're really bad at this.

No wonder a bunch of ethno nationalists took over your political party.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Should we be surprised that people who say they'd vote for Hitler, are also shilling for the Proud Boys?

Now he's going to point to that one Black guy as proof that Proud boys aren't Racist...

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure about that?

7+ Year Old Account

[video=youtube;7-9zHrDhLaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-9zHrDhLaE[video]
    The majority of people are religious so that is to be expected. In this case it looks like religion is just a background feature and it's not central to the organization. A Proud Boy is more about being a macho chauvinist and there's no real underlying ideology like there is with a religious group.
    Well I hate political parties and identity groups such as ethno-nationalists. They're not based on an idea or a principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Should we be surprised that people who say they'd vote for Hitler, are also shilling for the Proud Boys?
    Liar! I like peace and not war and genocide. I'm the exact opposite of Hitler.

You and I agree on all the same political/governance ideas so there's point in arguing.

The majority of people are religious so that is to be expected. In this case it looks like religion is just a background feature and it's not central to the organization. A Proud Boy is more about being a macho chauvinist and there's no real underlying ideology like there is with a religious group.

Well I hate political parties and identity groups such as ethno-nationalists. They're not based on an idea or a principle.

You and I agree on all the same political/governance ideas so there's point in arguing.
    I liked you better as PrimaryColor; you were more honest and didn't hide behind word games.

You said you'd vote for Hitler. Don't blame me, because you opted for it.

We do not believe in the same ideas, because I find racists like Trump to be utterly repugnant, and you gladly support him.