Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    ...for Teldrassil.

Sometimes emotion trumps reason?

Isn't it obvious? She's going to kill him, then hunt him and Sylvanas down to the Shadowlands and kill them both there as well.

Double the suffering, and a little more personal satisfaction.

He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    To be fair he didn't mention Shadowlands at all.

-edit-

Also, "For Teldrassil."

She might not believe him. TBH it sounded kinda cultish when he said it...like "I don't fear death because in death we are free" type of stuff.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

I'd say it's one part vengeance and one part dark power of elune demanding souls the same way most great powers of death do. I think the hope is that he doesn't show up in SL but Nathanos claimed he will and there's a datamined model, so.. Maybe she's going for the double kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande dropping the ball and being useless again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    To be fair he didn't mention Shadowlands at all.

He mentioned the Shadowlands. Just not by name. Much like he mentioned Teldrassil without saying literally Teldrassil.

She is the literal embodiment of vengeance and Nathanos was purposefully goading her into killing him by that point.

Was it the smart thing to do? No, obviously not.
    But Tyrande is far far beyond doing the smart things.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because this isn't an 18+ game and the idea of the good guys torturing someone isn't accepted.

Everyone keeps mentioning all these different ways to cut his arms or his head or his legs but people dont realize this isnt God of War.
    You're right it's not an 18+ game. That's why we can't tactically cripple Nathanos, but we can SPLAT a couple hundred worgen in Silverpine Forest with guns.

The funnier thing is, the way they portrayed that entire cinematic, especially Nathanos' corpse at the end, she very likely actually decapitated him, otherwise, if anything 'super PG' happened, they didn't need to hide anything above his neckline.

You're right in the sense that it's not an 18+ game. That doesn't seem to stop somebody at Blizzard to once in a while make it seem like they'd probably want it to be one, even if just for the few story moments where it'd make sense for some shades of grey.

Because shadowlands hasnt happened yet?

The shattering of the veil has happened, but Tyrande has been away, so likely doesnt have all the info.
    Also, 'all the info' is that Sylvanas shattered the sky and maybe a bit of foreshadowing by the LK.

They litteraly have no idea what is going on. She could have VERY easily just passed it off as his random banter, undead are tricky, even moreso in dying.

Because Alliance heroes were tasked with killing him. The quest even said Argent Crusade patrols found him, we weren't just going to let their hard work go to waste.

But now he's perma dead. Even if he was able to work with Sylvanas in SLs he wouldn't be able to return to Azeroth when this is over. He's just a soul now.

Btw, beheading shouldn't kill an undead tbh. The rules still keep changing after all those years.

He's not dead. He just released his spirit to run back to his body and wait till Tyrande grew tiring camping his body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Because torture shouldn't be in a T-rated game? Now if this were something like.. say... GTA or Skyrim then yeah, but not in this game

(And yes, I know Zul got stabbed, but it was more of a 'clip' than anything. Oh, and there's no blood )

Plus, that probably wouldn't kill someone anyways, ask Aerith
    lul. bit late for that. we've had plenty of torture in WoW. its world of warcraft, not world of lets hug our enemies and talk about our feelings and emotions in therapycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

He mentioned the Shadowlands. Just not by name. Much like he mentioned Teldrassil without saying literally Teldrassil.
    He said "beyond the veil she shattered".

Literally no one knows what that is at this moment besides Bolvar who we haven't contacted yet.

For all she knew, he was bluffing and just mocking her with the idea of "killing me just helps me get to her!".

It seems to be forgotten at times that we know more than the actual characters in the game know, but it is repeated many times that no one even knows why the scourge is going crazy or what's going on right now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    You're right it's not an 18+ game. That's why we can't tactically cripple Nathanos, but we can SPLAT a couple hundred worgen in Silverpine Forest with guns.
    Well, they did turn the camera to the wall when Arthas stabbed his father in WC3.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Still it was a lot subtler, and Tyrande was never one to keep her temper in check.

She killed him to sooth herself that she left her people to die in a fire.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm a person who can't stand brutal violence, so I'm completely ok if they're going to 'show' killings like that
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.