Poll: Illidan vs Sylvanas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luler View Post
    Sylvanas can probably one-shot Sargeras at this point with her "titan plus plus" power-up. The power-up being comic book tier writers.
    Still think Sargeras would win against Sylvanas even if her power was fueled by the jailer. Jailer vs Sargeras now that would be interesting to see.

I'm going to go with Stan Lee's "Hulk vs Wolverine" answer and say "Whoever the writers want at the time." There's very little means of comparing power, with Sylvanus sometimes being depicted as crushing Malf and other times being depicted as losing before Saurfang's interference. Likewise, Arthas beats Illidan in Icecrown and then later it's said Illidan was stronger, that Arthas got lucky because Illidan became overconfident and didn't defend himself properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Sylvanas beat the Lich King, and he was stronger than Illidan even before the two separate merging events. It seems pretty obvious she'd win.
    Illidan never directly fought the Lich King. He would've been able to beat the Lich King if not for Malfurion, Maiev, and Kael'thas' interference though his indirect attack with the Eye of Sargeras, but I'm not sure if that's really relevant. We do know that Sylvanas nearly killed Arthas if not for Kel'thuzad's interference, while Illidan failed to kill Arthas one-on-one, though Sylvanas ambushed Arthas in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Depends on who is writing Malfurion at the time as well. There were times where Malfurion was god like in powers and then you have Xavius capturing him so easily. The only quote we can really go by is Lorth saying that capturing Jaina without a full on battle proves she's become powerful. I think the biggest feat we've seen from Illidan was shattering Xera. I mean Illidan was never really even known for raw power. He was basically either making a strategy or groveling to his Legion masters for pity and then plotting about how to save his own skin and claim it was for Azeroth.
    It's true that depending on who's writing malfurion, he can go from being the most Mary Sue dragon ball z character or just a really powerful druid, that kicks ass in melee... still really powerful.
    Wasn't Jaina captured by Kyrian?
    And with Illidan, killing Xera who was trying to purify him, while she was just put back together doesn't really say much to me. TBH, I dont think of Naaru as powerful in combat tbh and she most likely wasn't prepared for such an attack.

I would like to see current malfurion and illidan to fight, first in a physical fight cause they're both physically strong, but then also in a full scope of their power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    We didn't fight Illidan at full strength in the TBC. He was terribly weakened after a failed ritual and assumed that even if he defeated the heroes, he himself would die in a few days. It was only in the Legion that we saw his true power.
    I mean sure, just point me to where you're getting all of this from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Sylvanas beat the Lich King, and he was stronger than Illidan even before the two separate merging events. It seems pretty obvious she'd win.
    Keep in mind that Arthas beat Illidan and Sylvanas beat Bolvar. Now is Lich King Bolvar more powerful in combat than Death Knight Arthas? maybe.

Still I agree Illidan is the weakest of all 4(Sylvanas, LK Bolvar, DK Arthas, Illidan)

Illidan was much stronger than Arthas in their fight. He lost because of his self-confidence, not because he was weaker.

Unless Blizzard somehow wants the Jailer above Sargeras, and that Sylvanas is somehow on the level of a Titan...

Then Illidan slaps. He's currently the Jailer of Sargeras and is probably get tons of amps rn thanks to the Pantheon's Spirits, the remains of Argus' World Soul, as well as the Seat of the Pantheon's overall power.

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan was much stronger than Arthas in their fight. He lost because of his self-confidence, not because he was weaker.
    This as well. Illidan was overall slapping Arthas, but he got cocky. Pretty sure Illidan learned from that mistake, after TBC at least.

Will the current Sylvanas be able to defeat Illidan 1x1?
    How are you expecting a literal Mary Sue to lose in a 1v1 my boy...

7+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion almost killed Sylvanas during the War of Thorns. Saurfang saved her.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrF6qGp8GFo

Malfurion also defeated Illidan immediately in the last novel of War of the Ancients, and once again in WC3 by smothering him with roots. Malfurion is more powerful than Illidan.https://youtu.be/bHBZdBHjPoc?t=502

But now considering Sylvanas is being empowered by the Jailor, the only mortal that can defeat her is probably Tyrande as Night Warrior.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fel > death magic imo.

Im basing my opinion on the fight of her between Bolvar. That fight showed one very crucial thing and same also with her fight against Saurfang.

She is a glass cannon and Illidan is fast and hits hard.

So I’ll give the win to Illidan. If Illidan fights her outside of the shadowlands.

But inside shadowlands she is most likely OP.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2020-11-12 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Sylvanas though, may even be powerful enough to take on Lich King Arthas now... maybe.
    By right now you mean Sylvannas that defeated Bolvar? i would not go that far, im not trying to downplay her victory against Lich King Bolvar but it was stated by Metzen that Lich King Arthas was far stronger than Bolvar (yes he used far) tho in Sylvannas defense he did say that if Arthas would have fight Sylvannas it would have been a hell of a fight BUT in my opinion base on the feats those 2 have i will give Arthas the fight till we learn more how deep is Sylvannas in bed with the Jailer

I would not go as far and say MUCH stronger, stronger yes without a doubt, from what I remember the moment Illidan use Meta the fight was over, he easy overwhelms Arthas but we need to remember the condition Arthas was and Nerzgul, don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming Illidan is not stronger than DK Arthas im just saying that i would not say he was really much stronger

Haven't really seen any proof that Illidan has become stronger since we beat him in TBC, but Sylvanas was pretty sure she could be Malfurion and later revealed that she has been holding back a whole lot. One shots Saurfang and toys with the Lich King+ small undead army.
    I mean sure, just point me to where you're getting all of this from.
    Illidan novel by King.

Still I agree Illidan is the weakest of all 4(Sylvanas, LK Bolvar, DK Arthas, Illidan)
    That's totally wrong analysis, because it's based on false assumpions and subjective appositions that lack proofs.

Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    Malfurion also defeated Illidan immediately in the last novel of War of the Ancients, and once again in WC3 by smothering him with roots. Malfurion is more powerful than Illidan.
    In the war of ancients. Right now Illidan is buffed like ten times.

It seriously amazes me how little people know about the Illidan real power, considering that we've got a novel and a pretty much an expansion based on the Illidari and his leader. I like the @Qualia post about it:

He didn't gain any power (or at least, none significant enough), but he regained his original strength. When we defeated him at Black Temple, he was already in a half dead state (due to an incident happened before) AND had to use most of his power to keep the connection open for the DHs to come back. He faced us with barely a fragment of his true strength, pretty much.

Well, first thing first, LK-empowered Arthas only won against Illidan at the end of TFT because Illidan was being over-confident and Arthas managed to get the final strike in. The fight was pretty even before that, and leaned more towards Illidan as he blasted Arthas to his knees with fel fire.

Secondly, Illidan was NOT in his prime during TFT, far from it. I assume you haven't read the novel "Illidan"? During his time on Outland, before TBC, Illidan had time to digest and took in the power of Sargeras he took from the Tomb of Sargeras (instead of just the Eye as shown during TFT). This was mentioned again by Maiev in the audio drama ("Ner'zhul took some of its power. Illidan took the rest"). Apparently, that was good enough that Akama flat out stated that: "Yet he is free now and he has grown mighty", and "You have no conception of how strong Illidan has become. I saw him work sorcery that I would not have believed possible for anyone less than a god". Even A'dal, whose power was described to be enough to destroy cities and mountains if unleashed, admitted that Illidan is more powerful. With just a dozen of souls, he opened a portal and collapsed it, unleashing a force that could destroy an continent. Well, I can list more of this, but I think that was enough to make the point clear: with the release of "Illidan" (the novel), Illidan's full power has been pretty much buffed to another level. Arthas - LK Arthas for that matter - has never shown or indicated that he was capable of the same level of destruction.

So what the others said in regards to Illidan / Turalyon was right. It wasn't an indication of how weak Turalyon was, it was a statement of how OP Illidan is.
    Keep also in mind that Alleria, the void one who was described as a wielder of more powerful force than her sister(in the Shadows Rising), was amazed by the power of Illidan. She couldn't comprehend how powerful he was to be able to destroy the prime Naaru with a one shot(the dialogue after the "Rejection of the gift").

OT:
    I cannot choose the winner here. Whoever wins will have probably big problems afterward. There's no clear winner in this comparison. If we go all-in with knowledge of each other powers I'd give Illidan slight upper-hand here, otherwise it's just ol' good "the winner is the one that writers want to win".
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-11-12 at 09:40 PM.

I'd say a LK Bolvar would beat Illidan and Sylvanas was just toying around with him. And with Danuser in the writing team...... well that just answers the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Illidan never directly fought the Lich King. He would've been able to beat the Lich King if not for Malfurion, Maiev, and Kael'thas' interference though his indirect attack with the Eye of Sargeras, but I'm not sure if that's really relevant. We do know that Sylvanas nearly killed Arthas if not for Kel'thuzad's interference, while Illidan failed to kill Arthas one-on-one, though Sylvanas ambushed Arthas in that scenario.
    1. Sinking a continent (using someone else's power) to defeat someone is not super relevant to a brawl scenario
    2. Slyvanas nearly killed arthas when he was suffering from paralytic fits due to LK's power drain that specific event not even vaguely demonstrative of the power balance between the three during TFT.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jindujun View Post
    With the way she has progressed I'd have to say Sylvanas has the edge. While Illidan is powerful and all, she is being powered by a "titan plus plus" level being so I'd be surprised if he could beat her.
    Not to mention that Illidan lost 1v1 to Arthas before he wore the Crown and became the full on Lich King. Illidan is pretty weak overall as a character in terms of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Not to mention that Illidan lost 1v1 to Arthas before he wore the Crown and became the full on Lich King. Illidan is pretty weak overall as a character in terms of power.
    I hasten to tell you that Illidan was much stronger and lost because of his self-confidence

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    By right now you mean Sylvannas that defeated Bolvar?
    I was thinking post that, though there's no evidence, shattering the "veil" and going to the Maw and freeing the Jailer(was he chained up?) could have gained her even more power than what she had against Bolvar.

i would not go that far, im not trying to downplay her victory against Lich King Bolvar but it was stated by Metzen that Lich King Arthas was far stronger than Bolvar (yes he used far) tho in Sylvannas defense he did say that if Arthas would have fight Sylvannas it would have been a hell of a fight BUT in my opinion base on the feats those 2 have i will give Arthas the fight till we learn more how deep is Sylvannas in bed with the Jailer
    Yeah I agree, if this was Arthas, height of his power with Frostmourne in hand, would have been a completely different fight. Would have been a longer fight, but I have no doubt that Arthas would win.
    In fact I dont think Sylvanas would even have surprised Arthas like she did Bolvar, with how he was able to see events into the future and how more attuned he was with the death power. He probably would be well aware of the Jailer and view him as an enemy.

Also, when did Metzen say this? I haven't seen him say anything in a while besides post about his warhammer collection xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jindujun View Post
    With the way she has progressed I'd have to say Sylvanas has the edge. While Illidan is powerful and all, she is being powered by a "titan plus plus" level being so I'd be surprised if he could beat her.
    I'm gonna go with this too.

It might be borrowed power but it's ALOT of power.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Knowing blizzard she would beat Sargeras
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in the War of the Thorns, we saw how Sylvanas could fight Malfurion and since then she has become much stronger (a huge number of souls have gone to the Maw since then) and was easily able to defeat the Lich King Bolvar. Will the current Sylvanas be able to defeat Illidan 1x1?
    With ease.... Even before BfA ended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    he one-shotted Xe'ra (who was a Prime Naaru, and therefore perhaps the most powerful one weve seen so far). In comparsion, Alleria got most of her current void power from consuming a "normal" void corrupted Naaru.
    I think you place Xe'ra and the Naaru on a pedistal. They are powerful, but not THAT powerful; M'uru was a void corrupted Naaru and as such much more powerful than any Naaru, yet he was defeated long ago, when we (players) were much much weaker.
    We have defeated a freaking Titan... A newborn one, but still A TITAN!! We have defeated THREE Old Gods.

Titan >>>>>> Old God >>>> Void corrupted Naaru > Prime Naaru > Naaru

I would l Ike to put in Void Lords somewhere, but we don't know enough to conclude if they match or supersede Titans in power, so I leave them out.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    With ease.... Even before BfA ended.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you place Xe'ra and the Naaru on a pedistal. They are powerful, but not THAT powerful; M'uru was a void corrupted Naaru and as such much more powerful than any Naaru, yet he was defeated long ago, when we (players) were much much weaker.
    We have defeated a freaking Titan... A newborn one, but still A TITAN!! We have defeated THREE Old Gods.

Titan >>>>>> Old God >>>> Void corrupted Naaru > Prime Naaru > Naaru

I would l Ike to put in Void Lords somewhere, but we don't know enough to conclude if they match or supersede Titans in power, so I leave them out.
    We never fought Titan and old gods to full power and only C'thun was defeath without help. You overrated heroes. Also Xe'ra MUCH stronger than Mu'uru.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Not to mention you didn't probably play Wc3:TFT. You would realize that Arthas power was restored and was in his prime just BEFORE the duel with Illidan. Ner'zhul has given him all his power. Also in the canonic book it's explained that Illidan lost to that Arthas because of his cockiness.