Some thoughts for Demonology Warlocks

Some believe that Demonology was at its best before Demon Hunters came along. Maybe it's true, maybe not. In any case, it gave me an idea on how the Warlock spec might make a return to awesomeness.

Demonic Transformation
    Transform into a Demonic Tyrant for 15 sec, increasing the duration and damage of all of your current lesser demons by 15% for the duration.
    Increases Armor by 100% and Stamina by 50%.
    Reduces the cast time of all spells by 50%.
    (Demonology, Level 58) Generates 5 Soul Shards.

If anything, this could make Demonology flow a bit faster. You'd be summoning demons at a faster rate, reducing any ramp-up the spec may have. This would translate into more dps. It would still work with the Demonic Consumption talent, making you very strong indeed.

In addition to the above, I would also see the following changes happen:

- Make Demonic Calling baseline and learned somewhere between Level 30-36.
    - Have Demon Skin and Burning Rush on different rows.
    - Change Inner Demons to spawn an Imp every 10 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
    - Make the Power Siphon talent baseline and turn it into an interrupt.<- for all Warlock specs!!

Demonology is on the same spot than Survival, it needs to be totally rebuild from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Demonology is on the same spot than Survival, it needs to be totally rebuild from the beginning.
    I concur, and would add that perhaps it should've been Beast Mastery, not Survival, that became the melee spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I concur, and would add that perhaps it should've been Beast Mastery, not Survival, that became the melee spec.
    Considering the one prominent Beast Master we know of (Rexxar) is known for getting in there with his two axes... yeah, kinda.

Personally, I still think Demonology should just be a tank spec. Do something crazy. Put yourself out there. Show us some innovative design.

Demonology could be a real master summoner spec. But they are just lazy.

It can summon random demons with HoG; having 2 main demons at the same time, and working around buff demons and summon them as a real climax of the rotation, things like a pit lord. But they just want to do it fast.

And here we are.

Demo gameplay is perfectly fine. Demon hunters are the ones that transform now, any hopes of getting that back will only lead to disappointment.

I wont bother checking to see how powerful it is, thats meaningless now we're in prepatch, there will likely be tuning before the raid releases and there are a bunch of other systems not yet available.

Gameplay is fine and balance doesnt really matter for now.

Honestly, Demo's gameplay is getting to the point where it's ok design-wise (good is a step too far for me when comparing it to something as clean as destro or as silky smooth as aff).

I just wish nether portal wasn't a talent (or until recently, bad), since it should be sort of like the entire crowning moment for the spec.
    It's also annoying the bitched out of fixing doom to actually work properly and just made it a terribly boring ability.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?