Is there anything special about the monk healer?

The tank is unique at stagger and I'm convinced the dps sucks at utility apart maybe for the FoF pvp talent. So I wonder what does MW have that makes it unique or is it a mundane regular healer without anything special that sets it apart the other healers.

he can use 3 Spells while channeling a heal, can dispell poisons & disease from the whole raid and can heal via melee dmg done...

Tbh, everything we can do, others can do better. And stuff others can do, we can only dream about.

There is really no point taking a MW to raid as we are only good at pushing high HPS (mana drained in notime) on raid but especially tanks. This raid tier is shaping up to be more stacked healing and not "omg panic heal tank", so we dont really have a niche.

I mean we can do that dispel all via Revival but Mass dispel from priests is not locked behind a long CD (also it's usually dangerous to dispel everyone, usually it's some mechanic that require you to plan the dispelling well). In a raid environment you will want the healers with absorbs/prevent/split damage abilities (like pally, disco, shammy), there isnt really any of our tools that screams "We need to bring a monk healer to sort X".

That said, we're a very FUN class to play, if that is enough for you?
    Last edited by Dawon; 2020-11-13 at 02:08 PM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like said, everything we can do, an other class can do it to if not better with better tools.
    We have no niche, we do not bring anything special or "necessary" for a raid (if only we could battle res...). We have no omg button to save the raid.
    In short, expect to be replaced by any other healer class.
    And the only niche we had, fistweaving (heal via melee dmg), it's so low in healing, you can't count it as a healer, it's more a spec for when you have too much dps and could benefit of a few extra heal.

But... we're fun to play

Monks are by far the best single target healers. You're capable of extreme amounts of tank healing and your tank healing CD (Life Cocoon) just improves that even more. Plus you are incredibly mobile. And Mistweavers might have the best aesthetics of all healers (that's very subjective though, I just love the lush mint green).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    There is really no point taking a MW to raid as we are only good at pushing high HPS (mana drained in notime) on raid but especially tanks. This raid tier is shaping up to be more stacked healing and not "omg panic heal tank", so we dont really have a niche.
    I think Mistweavers are very good stacked healers, especially when going Necrolord.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Monks are by far the best single target healers. You're capable of extreme amounts of tank healing and your tank healing CD (Life Cocoon) just improves that even more. Plus you are incredibly mobile. And Mistweavers might have the best aesthetics of all healers (that's very subjective though, I just love the lush mint green).

- - - Updated - - -

I think Mistweavers are very good stacked healers, especially when going Necrolord.
    Yeah I dont rival that but I mean, bring a Shammy and that one will do better stacked healing, no questions asked! It will also provide SL totem and other funky stuff, all this while the new raidtier doesnt really have any tank-getting-oneshotted-mechanics (where we could potentially shine).

In a raid environment (talking mythic here), you usually have 3 healers (4 in some occasions where there are proper healing checks) and as soon as you're a bit warm in your clothes, you can even push for using 2. There is no way you will get a MW to squeeze past the given holy 3some in Disc, Holy Paladin and Shaman. The 4th spot it kinda up in the air between druid, mw or holy priest but hey, you STILL would be better off just taking an additional shaman instead of any of those 3!

Mobility
    Steady flow of Constant heals
    Able to nuke-heal
    Spread mist and essence for a Nice cheap AOE-heal.
    Fistweave (sucks arm though)
    Knockback with RoP/insta CC om battle
    Teleport

If the manapool was slightly hugger, I would swap out mye protest om no time. But I feel like I ALWAYS oom on long tights