Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I did two passes of all the bosses. Ended up with a full set of 110 gear. Very please as I went from iLvl 84 to iLvl 106.

The "catch up" mechanic is the vendor gear thats ilvl 100. the epics from rares are just a bonus

Wowhead has them at 5% drop chances and around 32,5% for the 34 slot bag. Not sure if entirely accurate, but it seems like it.

I've killed around 6 so far and only gotten scourgestones. At a 20 minute interval this just feels horrid.

Just going to try and get the bag a couple more times and the event will be done for me. I'd rather all the bosses were up or had smaller respawn rates and instead have a daily\weekly lockout instead of this weird format.

I get something ~1/4 of the kills which matches the Wowhead drop rates so look at those for specifics.

Even the 110 epic drops are terribad compared to basic new level 50 BfA gear. You get twice the iLevel but half the base stats. Not sure how this is anything other than "self esteem" catchup. Go spend a couple hours doing the intro BfA stuff and you'll have higher stats at iLevel 60 even ignoring the Azurite powers that will turn off in two weeks when you enter SL.

People camp Bag Bro every 6.66... (repeating) hours for a 25% shot at a 34 slot bag and for what? Two more inventory slots? Seriously? This is going to make your life better?

It's fun flying around with the group and people hanging out for 20m at a time is kind of cool as the chat has been of a higher quality than usual. In Everquest you had 10 minute downtime after a fight just so people could regen mana and that's the source of a lot of its social interactions lol.

The guaranteed 115 drop weekly off Nathan is totally worth doing on all your 50s I think. The Icecrown stuff is something mindless to do for new level 50s and some of the gear is upgrades (the secondary pieces and the rings and trinkets are probably worthwhile).

The best thing is that it's totally deterministic so you can set alarms for 5m before each of the rare spawns that you care about and go on with your life without any danger of misssing an opportunity.

So overall I give the event so far a B+

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    5 rares, zero drops besides scourgestones. Pretty much gave up after that.

Honestly, the entire "Hur hur hur RNG is gud!" nonsense already has me annoyed. If this is a sign of what we can expect out of shadowlands, I suspect I won't play it for very long. And with the entire Blizzard theme of "Less loot but more valuable" crap from dungeons only dropping like 1-2 pieces. Yeah, that's gonna get old REAL fast.
    yes, rng is going to be introduced in shadowlands
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    People camp Bag Bro every 6.66... (repeating) hours for a 25% shot at a 34 slot bag and for what? Two more inventory slots? Seriously? This is going to make your life better?
    What's wrong with logging in 1m before he spawns (if on an appropriate timing) for the chance to get the biggest bag available? Not like you need to stay 'afk' waitng for it... go take a walk, do some house chores, play other games, proceed with your normal life and just have a look at next spawn timer, and give it a go?

U're making a fuss about a 1min once or twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    20 minutes respawn timers are just crap. 20 minutes are not enough to log off or do a dungeon, level an alt or do whatever. But it's long enough that you have serious downtime between bosses. So the entire event either makes you do your daylies and then log off (which would mean that you need the full 2 weeks to get your gear) or it is waiting simulator.
    If you check the actual loottables you will see this is not true, not all bosses have loot for you so you can go off and do something else. Unless you want to use the rares for farming stones, but then you should be in a farming group that is busy 100% of the time and pauses stone farming for boss kills only.

10+ Year Old Account
    literally not worth the time when in 2 weeks you'll be questing for better gear.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Then why care at all to get any?
    To check off all of those transmog sources (not appearances, sources).

They could have gone the route of common drops with ilevel ~90 and more rare upgrade token drops.

Or simply reusing the item IDs from Icecrown instead of making new ones to collect.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoss View Post
    If you check the actual loottables you will see this is not true, not all bosses have loot for you so you can go off and do something else. Unless you want to use the rares for farming stones, but then you should be in a farming group that is busy 100% of the time and pauses stone farming for boss kills only.
    That is true for some bosses, yes. But there are parts of the boss rotation that have 3 or more bosses in a row with gear for you, so there's still huge downtimes. Also (and I'm not sure here, feel free to correct me) does the 20 min start after the previous boss is defeated? If so you're not guaranteed a time where you can safely login iwthout having to wait more than 5 min. And then there's the issue of sharding, is the shard you're logging out of the same as you're logging into after skipping some bosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at about 1 in 10 or so. Frankly, though, I only have 2 more pieces to upgrade on the alt that I leveled, so if I get the scourgestones that turn into commendations, t hat's fine. I'm more peeved that I got a 1H from Nathanos and, because this is an alt I leveled that I'd not played since Legion, I have no OH to match it. /sigh.

I got about 1 piece of gear after ten or so and stopped. Waste of time with SL coming soon. Besides AC came out....
    I'm a thread killer.

That is true for some bosses, yes. But there are parts of the boss rotation that have 3 or more bosses in a row with gear for you, so there's still huge downtimes. Also (and I'm not sure here, feel free to correct me) does the 20 min start after the previous boss is defeated? If so you're not guaranteed a time where you can safely login iwthout having to wait more than 5 min. And then there's the issue of sharding, is the shard you're logging out of the same as you're logging into after skipping some bosses?
    Spawns are 20 min after previous one spawned. So yes they are entirely predictable spawning at x:00, x:20 and x:40
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    5 rares, zero drops besides scourgestones. Pretty much gave up after that.

Honestly, the entire "Hur hur hur RNG is gud!" nonsense already has me annoyed. If this is a sign of what we can expect out of shadowlands, I suspect I won't play it for very long. And with the entire Blizzard theme of "Less loot but more valuable" crap from dungeons only dropping like 1-2 pieces. Yeah, that's gonna get old REAL fast.
    Yeah the RNG is dumb as fuck. They should have just made it, first kill of the day drops a guaranteed item that you didn't receive yet. And subsequent rare kills to have a chance.

Don't know where they got this idea that people absolutely love to wait for hours in a spot like fucking drones for a CHANCE. Same rng bullshit that has been seen through BfA (looking at you Mechagon and Nazjatar)

Seems like the best the modern WoW team can come up with is a mob that has a chance to spawn that has a chance to drop something ... nothing fun whatsoever. They have to copy a part of a 12 years old event to have something interesting in it.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-11-12 at 06:33 PM.

Got a bunch of 110s, some 115s, and a brand new bag for sitting at a spot for twenty minutes while doing things around the house and coming back to hit a mob once. It's a pretty easy event.

Its an easy event if your around anyway and can just run WoW in the background and tab in every 20 minutes. But for people who cannot do this I imagine the event is much more frustrating. Its not great for someone who plays for an hour or so a day.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Evakos View Post
    Got a bunch of 110s, some 115s, and a brand new bag for sitting at a spot for twenty minutes while doing things around the house and coming back to hit a mob once. It's a pretty easy event.
    You should play the lottery. Getting the bag in one try is pretty lucky.

Why not? It's not like the gear is relevant in any shape or form for current content and definitely not for SL content. Only the 34 slot bag should remain a rare drop (which could have it's droprate adjusted), who cares if the other gear gets dropped times as much? It's not like there's so much to do in this event besides killing those bosses, so why restrict them to 20min respawns?

1 day for item level 100 is ridiculous considering you'll get that kind of gear thrown at you in two weeks.
    I agree completely I think they rares should spawn at most 5 mins apart. Its just to help with leveling a bit.

2 items out of 4 rares of which one didn't even drop plate. For a fresh 50 char with ilvl 50 from leveling. Did the quests in between and some forum reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    And people are reporting that the trinket doesn't even work, they don't get any stacks.

I'll check if it's true when I come home.
    oh it does work, but it only procs from melee attacks, i got it on my hunter, so i guess ill respec it to survival :P

EDIT: my bad it doesnt work

EDIT 2: they fixed it
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-11-19 at 09:00 AM.