Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Consequences for Horde: villain batting

    Consequences for Alliance: <none>
    Key difference, the majority Horde willingly followed Garrosh and Sylvie. The Alliance didn't follow Fandral and Benedictus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post

    If she not first Night Warrior she is weaker than Sylvanas? What the logic????

    https://twitter.com/Blizzplanetcom/status/1287375606368411650/photo/1

    Thiernax and Qadarin are who you meet in the Ardenweld. You can do a simple search to learn more about them, but there isn't much.


    Tyrande did the ritual before we had any indication that Sylvanas was being juiced by death magic.

    Blizzard would not go out of their way to say, in game, that the Night Warrior is a dangerous method to solve the Sylvanas problem. They especially wouldn't go out of their way twice by making a good part of Ardenweld's campaign following Shandris Feathermoon around in an attempt at reeling Tyrande in.
    Last edited by Angrie; 2020-11-16 at 01:29 PM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post

    https://twitter.com/Blizzplanetcom/status/1287375606368411650/photo/1

    Thiernax and Qadarin are who you meet in the Ardenweld. You can do a simple search to learn more about them, but there isn't much.


    Tyrande did the ritual before we had any indication that Sylvanas was being juiced by death magic.

    Blizzard would not go out of their way to say, in game, that the Night Warrior is a dangerous method to solve the Sylvanas problem. They especially wouldn't go out of their way twice by making a good part of Ardenweld's campaign following Shandris Feathermoon around in an attempt at reeling Tyrande in.
    You tell me everything that I already know, I just do not see the logic in your words.

    You know Tyrande is getting stronger every day, right? And what difference does it make if the method is dangerous or not? There is literally nothing to suggest that Sylvanas is stronger than Tyrande right now.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Key difference, the majority Horde willingly followed Garrosh and Sylvie. The Alliance didn't follow Fandral and Benedictus.
    It's almost like Garrosh and Sylvanas were the leader of said faction, while Fandral and Benedictus were minor characters.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    It's almost like Garrosh and Sylvanas were the leader of said faction, while Fandral and Benedictus were minor characters.
    I suggest you tell Soon-TM that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Tyrande is not the first or only night warrior. She does plays a pivotal role in Shadowlands however.
    She is not as powerful as Sylvanas or the jailer. Play the game, read the quests and campaign, a previous night warrior states Tyrande will lose, albeit in a lot more words and quests.
    What's so hard to understand? Do we need a cinematic to explain this for you?
    If there is one NPC who repeatedly phophesies that Tyrande will die, it strongly means she won't, though.

    Every time someone has ever said something was impossible or won't happen, it definitely was possible or had happened in the end. That's what standard storytelling does. "You cannot contain this power!!! It will overwhelm you !!!!" 100% ends up with you containing this power.

  7. #67
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I suggest you tell Soon-TM that.
    That's precisely the point. Saying "omg Ally has also had characters turned into raid bosses", as some Ally fans have said ITT is fundamentally disingenuous.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    If there is one NPC who repeatedly phophesies that Tyrande will die, it strongly means she won't, though.

    Every time someone has ever said something was impossible or won't happen, it definitely was possible or had happened in the end. That's what standard storytelling does. "You cannot contain this power!!! It will overwhelm you !!!!" 100% ends up with you containing this power.
    If this was standard writing, you could be right. However, this is Danuser & co. we're talking about, and they have the subtlety of a wrecking ball when it comes to hints. Remember the War of Thorns preview? "Things are not what they seem, there might be a plot twist *wink wink*, Azeroth is a morally grey world, yadda yadda" - we all know how that turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  8. #68
    The Patient BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    After having watched the cinematic where Tyrande deals with Nathanos it got me wondering, how evenly matched are Tyrande and Sylvanas at this point?
    Obviously Tyrande would never win in a fight against Sylvanas because of Horde bias at Blizz HQ, but would Tyrande even stand a chance against
    SSJ Sylvanas if we cast that bias aside?

    My main question is, is there any way of gauging power levels? One character being empowered by Elune, another by a being that is on the level of titans, what can we deduct from this?
    Jailer is Titan++ but not remotely on Elune's level. Elune is possibly one of the creators of the WoW universe and a very powerful individual far above every faction now fighting for power in WoW universe. So by logic, Tyrande should fuck Sylvanas so hard that even Jailer runs in fear. But as you have said : Horde bias....
    Moderators on this site are, to put it nicely, morons. They believe any opinion contrary to popular ones are either trolling or flaming or baiting. They can not comprehend the fact that there can be people who would utterly detest what they like or million others like. Well, it is their site and their "Authoretaeh" but they are morons nonetheless.

  9. #69
    Sylvanas wins, for the horde!

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If this was standard writing, you could be right. However, this is Danuser & co. we're talking about, and they have the subtlety of a wrecking ball when it comes to hints. Remember the War of Thorns preview? "Things are not what they seem, there might be a plot twist *wink wink*, Azeroth is a morally grey world, yadda yadda" - we all know how that turned out.
    True dat. I'm still hoping they raise the writing level, not necessarily up to masterpiece-level (that would require to hire real passionate writers), but at least Hollywood-blockbuster level. Even a Marvel-like story would be more enjoyable.

    I'm probably hoping a bit too high. Especially after the War of Thorns disaster... *shows a picture of Sylvanas in front of the burning tree months before it actually happens* Yes we know it's a spoiler, maybe it's not as obvious as it seems......................................................................

    So yeah, probably Tyrande will die, Jailer is the bad guy with no personality other than "I want to kill people and consume souls", and that's it. That'd be sad, because you can feel there is potential with Shadowlands (more than there ever was during the whole BfA).

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's precisely the point. Saying "omg Ally has also had characters turned into raid bosses", as some Ally fans have said ITT is fundamentally disingenuous.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If this was standard writing, you could be right. However, this is Danuser & co. we're talking about, and they have the subtlety of a wrecking ball when it comes to hints. Remember the War of Thorns preview? "Things are not what they seem, there might be a plot twist *wink wink*, Azeroth is a morally grey world, yadda yadda" - we all know how that turned out.
    And there was a plot twist. Judging by all of your reactions back then, I would say no one here expected Sylvanas to destroy the same city she sought to conquer.

    For those like me who paid attention to her actions in previous expansion, her giving the order to burn the tree was no surprise really. Did people forget how she utterly destroyed Southshore and Gilneas? So predictable lol.

  12. #72
    I think faction leaders are not as strong as people think they are, if they were then there would be no problems, they would just go and kill the baddie together, at least the alliance side wich is the one with the WAY bigger power level.
    Gameplay wise we need a raid to kill them, lorewise i doubt some pople who are 90% sitting in a throne room are stronger than adventurers who have been killing world ending threats for 20 years, killed gods and wielded the most powerful weapons in the universe.

    Maybe Tyrande and Sylvannas are stronger now that they are empowered by gods, but the rest i doubt it as they do never ever train their powers.
    Power levels and "my waifu would win" is dumb in WOW, blizzard can just make anyone lose or win just because the narrative demands it.

    We saw in Stormheim a girl with a bow and a big dog fight for a lantern while your character is there like hello i have a staff that can blow up planets but okay keep playing fetch i guess im going to see this lava bearded demigod and shoot fire to his feet.
    Logic in WOW is malleable and no one can explain anything as blizzard can change anything anytime.

    IMO i think tyrande will just sacrifice her night warrior powers to kill sylvannas or weaken her so we can kill her in her raid, and everything back to normal for tyrande.

  13. #73
    Personally, I would lean towards Sylvanas winning in a realistic way. Sylvanas is shown to be a cold and calculating tactician that exploits her enemies weaknesses. Tyrande, while powerful, is shown to be much more emotional which can lead to mistakes and putting herself, and others, at risk.
    In game, if an end fight happens, I have money on Tyrande because the typical plot demands it.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    I think faction leaders are not as strong as people think they are, if they were then there would be no problems, they would just go and kill the baddie together, at least the alliance side wich is the one with the WAY bigger power level.
    Gameplay wise we need a raid to kill them, lorewise i doubt some pople who are 90% sitting in a throne room are stronger than adventurers who have been killing world ending threats for 20 years, killed gods and wielded the most powerful weapons in the universe.

    Maybe Tyrande and Sylvannas are stronger now that they are empowered by gods, but the rest i doubt it as they do never ever train their powers.
    Power levels and "my waifu would win" is dumb in WOW, blizzard can just make anyone lose or win just because the narrative demands it.

    We saw in Stormheim a girl with a bow and a big dog fight for a lantern while your character is there like hello i have a staff that can blow up planets but okay keep playing fetch i guess im going to see this lava bearded demigod and shoot fire to his feet.
    Logic in WOW is malleable and no one can explain anything as blizzard can change anything anytime.

    IMO i think tyrande will just sacrifice her night warrior powers to kill sylvannas or weaken her so we can kill her in her raid, and everything back to normal for tyrande.
    cold and calculating tactician
    BURN IT BURN BURN BURN SHE SAY I CAN'T KILL HOPE

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    cold and calculating tactician
    BURN IT BURN BURN BURN SHE SAY I CAN'T KILL HOPE
    Well, she ran this raid as she initially thought. She decided to burn the tree because the night elf telling her she can't kill hope made her realize she actually could do something better than what she planned.

    Not because she was triggered by words. These words have just triggered a better way for her to achieve her goals.

  16. #76
    I don't think Tyrande stands any chance against Syvanas at this point, too op.

  17. #77
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And there was a plot twist. Judging by all of your reactions back then, I would say no one here expected Sylvanas to destroy the same city she sought to conquer.

    For those like me who paid attention to her actions in previous expansion, her giving the order to burn the tree was no surprise really. Did people forget how she utterly destroyed Southshore and Gilneas? So predictable lol .
    Idk what reactions you are evoking, but $#@& was in fact so predictable that writers had to lie through their teeth in order to appease (some) Horde fans, at least for some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk what reactions you are evoking, but $#@& was in fact so predictable that writers had to lie through their teeth in order to appease (some) Horde fans, at least for some time.
    Interesting, may you link some of those lies? Interviews, statements, etc? Claiming that a public company lied during their marketing is quite a serious accusation.

  19. #79
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,069
    Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    We saw in Stormheim a girl with a bow and a big dog fight for a lantern while your character is there like hello i have a staff that can blow up planets but okay keep playing fetch i guess im going to see this lava bearded demigod and shoot fire to his feet.
    Our characters are top army commanders and elite fighters on their own, who for some reason always take the backseat to a handful of pompous and/or cringey morons who spend most of their lives twiddling their thumbs, despite the massive spotlight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Interesting, may you link some of those lies? Interviews, statements, etc? Claiming that a public company lied during their marketing is quite a serious accusation.
    Given how tweets and offline remarks are by no means official marketing, Blizz is 100% off the hook in that regard. Looks like your void powers couldn't grasp that part
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk what reactions you are evoking, but $#@& was in fact so predictable that writers had to lie through their teeth in order to appease (some) Horde fans, at least for some time.
    Come on now. Its really not necessary to lie like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •