Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tyrande vs Sylvanas, where are we at

After having watched the cinematic where Tyrande deals with Nathanos it got me wondering, how evenly matched are Tyrande and Sylvanas at this point?
    Obviously Tyrande would never win in a fight against Sylvanas because of Horde bias at Blizz HQ, but would Tyrande even stand a chance against
    SSJ Sylvanas if we cast that bias aside?

My main question is, is there any way of gauging power levels? One character being empowered by Elune, another by a being that is on the level of titans, what can we deduct from this?

Characters are exactly as powerful as the story needs them to be. It will vary from scene to scene and from author to author.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Tyrande appears to be growing in strength by leaps and bounds, although we have no real way of knowing the top-end power of either the Jailer or the Elune - though I would imagine the two beings to be nearly or close to evenly matched. Partly it would depend on how much power either lieutenant of a greater being/force can contain before it causes them to blow an O-ring, so to speak. I would wager a fight between Sylvanas and Tyrande would be a spectacle, and would probably put the odds near 50/50.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm going to go with epic anime battle with Tyrande seemingly having the upper hand but not being able to control the night warrior powers and Sylvanas managing to exploit that and her impulsiveness in some way. Possibly evenly matched power wise but Sylvanas is cunning.

Making all that up of course just coming up with something that sounds like a climactic cutscene that still justifies her needing our help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are evenly matched, the fights vs Saurfang and Nathanos were pretty similar, and both men are known as extremely powerful warriors/hunters, get taken down in seconds effortlessly. (Note that Tyrande pre-Night Warrior in the novel Elegy defeated Saurfang in seconds as Sylvanas had.)

Despite the battle of Darkshore being badly scripted, Tyrande becomes Night Warrior destroys a dozen soldiers with beams, then goes into a huge Goblin/Forsaken base freezes everyone, and lasers them to death, quite literally an entire base. She then battles Nathanos (Healed/empowered by 2 Valkyr) alongside 12+ Dark Rangers at the same time, She and Malfurion would have killed all of them unless they fled.
    People are suddenly considering Tyrande as OP (She was OP if you read the books/WC3 without the Night Warrior) because for the first time Blizzard actually released 2 cinematics showing the Night Elves the way they are, badass and feral.

Sylvanas and Tyrande will have a climactic battle in Shadowlands, of that there is no doubt.
    Last edited by jpch; 2020-11-14 at 11:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of look forward to when eventually Tyrande confronts Sylvanas.

They need a full on DBZ-style fight. First 1v1 with one getting the upper hand. Sylvanas then powers up using all the power of the Jailer she has and begins to overpower Tyrande.

Tyrande then ascends even further beyond to Ascended Night Warrior and hands Sylvanas the proverbial "L" and calls it a day.

Tyrande has been OP before Night Warrior as well, and if the fights would've been held in like, a few expansions ago, Tyrande would've beaten Sylvanas easily - both are master archers, but the powers of the High Priestess vastly surpass those of a Banshee.

We don't really know when Sylvanas started to become powered up by Jailer, and some say Teldrassil's burning send so many souls into the maw that it might've powered Sylvanas through that - we can see how during War of Thorns, Malfurion also was winning against Sylvanas (after likely exhausted to some extent from previous battles, though I can't remember if Sylvanas had many fights before as well, certainly not to the extents of wisp wall and whatever?), and he was more powerful than pre-NW Tyrande.

After Jailer empowerment, we can assume Sylvanas has become stronger - I'm not sure if her takedown of the Alliance Siege Tower is a depiction of that or not. Her fight with Saurfang shows the only new ability really (death beam or w/e), and after that there's suddenly her fight with the Lich King.

Tyrande's new powers have been demonstrated more effectively during Battle of Darkshore, and it seems to be very unstably growing. In the Maw/Torghast, we can see how she's pretty much exploding in power. I haven't really progressed with the quests in Beta very much, wanting to keep them for live progression, but she's still pretty much kicking ass I imagine.

Jailer's supposed to be a final boss, so I don't think we'll see Sylvanas surpass Jailer in strength, but we do see Tyrande leaving a wake of corpses in the Maw - the realm of the Jailer, even into Torghast.

If Tyrande can do all that in the Maw and Torghast, I don't think Sylvanas is able to beat her at all, unless the power of the Night Warrior literally begins to corrupt Tyrande and leave her vulnerable; though any chain-like attacks I imagine would be inefficient to the moonbeams and whatnot that literally evaporated Nathanos's dogs in a split second.

However, all logic is thrown out of the window since this is WoW and it operates on the rule of cool and self-inserts. Tyrande has the cool factor, Sylvanas has the waifu factor and public favor. So, who knows

I think in the battle that Tyrande, will have the upper hand and is about to utterly, Destroy Sylvanas but then the night warrior powers begin to consume her (after all remember the power is slowly killing her, as we are told in adenwelde) and i think in that moment, she will unleash all of the night warrior power only for Malfurion of Shandris getting in the line of fire, trying to save her, and die, and thats how she realizes vengeance cost her something she truly loved, and thats how she comes back from being the night warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I love how everyone's going on about how much stronger Tyrande has become after killing Nathanos, but all we saw her do in that cutscene was moonfire two wolves and duel a corpse already injured by an arrow

Big fucken deal
    Tyrande was also able to "neutralize" the Mawsworn assailants sent her way where none of the other faction leaders taken by the Jailer were, including Jaina Proudmoore herself. Several NPC's have commented on her growing power as the Night Warrior.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I think it's a Tirion vs. Lich King situation where it would depend solely on the setting, otherwise they're evenly matched.

If it was in Darkshore, or a similar night elf territory, Sylvanas would be roast chicken. If it was in the heart of the Maw or another one of the Jailer's territories, Tyrande would need some sort of divine intervention from Elune to stand a chance, I reckon.

But of course, that's taking into consideration the insane power level they've given Sylvanas because reasons, which I'm still not really a fan of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I love how everyone's going on about how much stronger Tyrande has become after killing Nathanos, but all we saw her do in that cutscene was moonfire two wolves and duel a corpse already injured by an arrow

Big fucken deal

I was thinking that initially after seeing the cutscene. For a character that other characters keep musing on about how powerful she is becoming, it wasn't really shown in the custscene. We haven't really seen anything extraordinary from the Night Warrior.

But then I remember that quote from Danuser saying that every part of a cinematic is deliberate, no matter how big and how small. Perhaps they are intending to not really show the full magnitude of the Night Warrior's power over Tyrande?

Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    They are evenly matched, the fights vs Saurfang and Nathanos were pretty similar, and both men are known as extremely powerful warriors/hunters, get taken down in seconds effortlessly. (Note that Tyrande pre-Night Warrior in the novel Elegy defeated Saurfang in seconds as Sylvanas had.)

Despite the battle of Darkshore being badly scripted, Tyrande becomes Night Warrior destroys a dozen soldiers with beams, then goes into a huge Goblin/Forsaken base freezes everyone, and lasers them to death, quite literally an entire base. She then battles Nathanos (Healed/empowered by 2 Valkyr) alongside 12+ Dark Rangers at the same time, She and Malfurion would have killed all of them unless they fled.
    People are suddenly considering Tyrande as OP (She was OP if you read the books/WC3 without the Night Warrior) because for the first time Blizzard actually released 2 cinematics showing the Night Elves the way they are, badass and feral.

Sylvanas and Tyrande will have a climactic battle in Shadowlands, of that there is no doubt.
    Plus, considering Tyrande is becoming an Avatar of the Wrath of Elune, and Elune is a being far more superior to any of the pantheon / eternal one, and on the level of / subpair of the First One ( or something like this ), Tyrande having her power would basically means she could stomp everyone easily, and that's why this power is too great for her to contain.

The first night warrior died from it, and the only cure is to share this power between selected few. It'll basically become a new class on a distant future. ( paladin Night Elves? Dark Night Elves Ranger to oppose Forsaken Dark Rangers? )

Sylvanas is empowered by the Jailer, an Eternal One.

Tyrande is the actual avatar of Elune, who is far more ancient, mysterious, and almighty than the Eternal Ones.

Before their respective power-ups, Tyrande was way stronger than Sylvanas.

I think the answer here is obvious. There's a reason why Tyrande was not included in the final confrontation with Sylvanas at the gates of Orgrimmar. No, it wasn't a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Sylvanas is empowered by the Jailer, an Eternal One.

Tyrande is the actual avatar of Elune, who is far more ancient, mysterious, and almighty than the Eternal Ones.

Before their respective power-ups, Tyrande was way stronger than Sylvanas.

I think the answer here is obvious. There's a reason why Tyrande was not included in the final confrontation with Sylvanas at the gates of Orgrimmar. No, it wasn't a coincidence.
    Where was this said? Also, who else besides the Jailer is an Eternal One? The Archon and the Winter Queen? I'm not very in the knew with the new new lore.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    After having watched the cinematic where Tyrande deals with Nathanos it got me wondering, how evenly matched are Tyrande and Sylvanas at this point?
    Obviously Tyrande would never win in a fight against Sylvanas because of Horde bias at Blizz HQ, but would Tyrande even stand a chance against
    SSJ Sylvanas if we cast that bias aside?

My main question is, is there any way of gauging power levels? One character being empowered by Elune, another by a being that is on the level of titans, what can we deduct from this?
    ... She's not even a Horde character at this point....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Where was this said? Also, who else besides the Jailer is an Eternal One? The Archon and the Winter Queen? I'm not very in the knew with the new new lore.
    I don't think we really know enough about Elune to really rank her on the power scale, so to speak. But the Jailer/Zovaal is a member of a collection of beings known as the Eternal Ones, who were originally set over the Shadowlands. The Eternal Ones includes the Primus, the Winter Queen, Sire Denathrius, Kyrestia the Firstborne, and the Arbiter. Zovaal was banished to the Maw for unspecified crimes against the other Eternal Ones eons ago, and became the Jailer as a result. How Elune compares to the Eternal Ones is unknown, but she is likely either as powerful or more, depending. Elune is accorded as the WoW metacosm's sole true deity, so this may set her over the Eternal Ones to some degree.

At this point based on the feats and Blizzard statements? Tyrande easily.

Bah, I'd even say she would rival Sylvanas BEFORE she became the Night Warrior(see the book screen above, she could have killed Saurfang in the matter of seconds and wouldn't even sweat during that). After being pumped by Elune's might? She's op.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The Arbiter, the Archon, Denathrius, the Primus, and the Winter Queen are all Eternal Ones like the Jailer.

I mean, it doesn't need to be stated anywhere, but it should be obvious that Elune is above the Eternal Ones. There's a reason why we still know literally nothing about her in an expansion about the Eternal Ones. Why do you think Blizzard is keeping Elune such a mystery?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    However, all logic is thrown out of the window since this is WoW and it operates on the rule of cool and self-inserts. Tyrande has the cool factor, Sylvanas has the waifu factor and public favor. So, who knows
    I'm not too sure of that. She's been shoved down our throats since Legion now, and people are starting to get sick of her and her mustache twirling villain persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think we really know enough about Elune to really rank her on the power scale, so to speak. But the Jailer/Zovaal is a member of a collection of beings known as the Eternal Ones, who were originally set over the Shadowlands. The Eternal Ones includes the Primus, the Winter Queen, Sire Denathrius, Kyrestia the Firstborne, and the Arbiter. Zovaal was banished to the Maw for unspecified crimes against the other Eternal Ones eons ago, and became the Jailer as a result. How Elune compares to the Eternal Ones is unknown, but she is likely either as powerful or more, depending. Elune is accorded as the WoW metacosm's sole true deity, so this may set her over the Eternal Ones to some degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Arbiter, the Archon, Denathrius, the Primus, and the Winter Queen are all Eternal Ones like the Jailer.

I mean, it doesn't need to be stated anywhere, but it should be obvious that Elune is above the Eternal Ones. There's a reason why we still know literally nothing about her in an expansion about the Eternal Ones. Why do you think Blizzard is keeping Elune such a mystery?
    This is what I get for not following the beta I guess. But it's worth it in the end.

My hope for Elune is that they just don't mess it up with her.

Also I hope Tyrande doesn't die. Can't really say who might win if we pit Tyrande vs Sylvanas but if we fight Sylvanas first then Tyrande comes along the chances of winning are higher than if she fights Sylvanas before we get a chance to go at her (simply because she will have to survive to probably be a raid boss against us).

Kinda worried for Tyrande tbh. I mean, Jaina didn't die after succumbing to her anger after Theramore, even tho a lot of people thought she would end up dead by becoming evil or something. Either way first we had Teldrassil, I don't want another loss for the Night Elves.