Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    That's... expected.

It's folks down as far as raid loggers who don't bother with anything else. There's guys in guild not been logged for... 3 weeks been hit with it.
    We don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    We don't believe you.
    What "we" are you talking about, are you with multiple personalities?
    What matters is what Blizzard thinks in this situation, and they apologized and lifted the bans of the players involved.

That's... expected.

It's folks down as far as raid loggers who don't bother with anything else. There's guys in guild not been logged for... 3 weeks been hit with it.
    Just wanted to point out something on this. You seem to be thinking some of them don't log out and were hit so it was random "oops". They could be playing Retail for all you know and got banned from there. If you get your retail license banned your classic license is banned and vice versa as both are linked. So it could be a banwave hitting Retail and you are seeing the rippling effects passed down to Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    you apparently don't know what people mean when they talk about multiboxer.
    i know exactly what they mean. someone that logs into more than one account at a time. doesnt stop you from misusing the word literally. stop trying to say your opinion is fact, when its not.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Yeah like I stated a bit further up, but people are eager and triggerhappy to toss judgement in Blizzards favor as usual.
    Not in blizzard's favor but in 99%+ of the cases when someone is saying they got banned for no reason ... there was an actual good reason and they know it. So people can't be trusted on this.

Alas .. the opinion of people in fan forums is worthless .. doesn't matter if we believe the ban was wrong or not as we hold no power to undo it.

aaaaand the bans have just been rolled back, everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

you reek of bullshit

This will be news tomorrow.

Blizz:

"As part of our ongoing effort to combat exploitation and abusive behavior, Blizzard recently closed a World of Warcraft license on this Blizzard account.
    After performing an additional review of the evidence considered in this action, we’ve determined that this closure was an error. We are reopening this license for play and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the mistake."

Blizzard fucked up. Thanks for the supportive words though

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...rturned/718019

Oh look.... all the "your obviously bullshitting" folks suddenly SHUT THE FUCK UP. I for one am completely surprised /s
    You didn't answer my question. Just because you put quotations around it doesn't make it an official Blizzard statement, FYI.

None of what you said is a response. I'll take that as a sign that my presumption about you was correct: 100% bullshit.

You probably got banned for botting and you're just mad.

Erm... so Blizzard just randomly banned hundreds of people from lots of different servers/guilds in a very... "oooops!" looking ban-wave.

It's not at all clear what the rule break is meant to be about.

There's folks not logged in... at least a couple of weeks seeing the same.

Anyone know what gives?

The ban is until 26/11. At the login screen though the ban is reported as being 18561 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes. This... *looks* like a bug?

Bans are currently definitely hitting WoW Classic EU on a good few servers.
    i dont think this was a random ban wave remember the policy change warning we got on multiboxig im positive this banwave is to do with that

This wasn't an "oops" banwave. It banned anyone exploiting ground and wall physics to get around the game and it's limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i dont think this was a random ban wave remember the policy change warning we got on multiboxig im positive this banwave is to do with that
    That banwave has nothing to do with multiboxing. Also:

- They're not banning for multiboxing yet.
    - They're only going to ban people who are using input broadcasting software to control multiple accounts simultaneously. Multiboxing is still legal.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Erm... so Blizzard just randomly banned hundreds of people from lots of different servers/guilds in a very... "oooops!" looking ban-wave.

It's not at all clear what the rule break is meant to be about.

There's folks not logged in... at least a couple of weeks seeing the same.

Anyone know what gives?

The ban is until 26/11. At the login screen though the ban is reported as being 18561 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes. This... *looks* like a bug?

Bans are currently definitely hitting WoW Classic EU on a good few servers.
    It wouldn't surprise me if its for Fishing bots and Rotation bots. Its not like someone can just accidently hit a button and band hundreds of people lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Its not like someone can just accidently hit a button and band hundreds of people lol.
    You'd be amazed about some systems and their failsafes.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You'd be amazed about some systems and their failsafes.
    There will have been a "trap" set up on the instance/world server so if a certain event/series of events (x/y/z position = Outside_this_range, whatever) will cause the account to be flagged. These _should_ probably be reviewed by someone but... covid/closing europe offices/etc at the moment... I suspect a manual step was moved over a bit quickly. They won't have enough GM's to monitor EVERY instance ALL the time. Most IT companies are relying on automation. This IS essentially a bunch of meta data in tables on a database, interpreted by our game client along with it's models/textures/world maps/etc into being what we know as the game. Meta data is hard figures, these WILL have been what was being monitored.

As said, again, for the range and scope of folks affected this was an "ooops" somewhere. It happens, most folks who were banned now aren't so... that Blizz have walked it back would obviously imply an error. I fully expect jaded/accusatory replies to continue, that's the nature of the beast and a public forum but this WAS a mistake. One they fixed quite quickly, so there's that too.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2020-11-17 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.