Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh yeah...I did mean the Isle of QD catch up gear....

    Agreed on attunements. I probably would have said the BT chain was "ok" if it was accountwide. But as a personal chain it was just too much for my taste.

    As I see it now, especially the pre-patch catch up like in Icecrown is kinda selling the illusion of content. Because really when a new x-pac arrives it is usually tuned to people hitting max level in crap gear still being able to quest in the next x-pac. You really don't need ilv 100 / 110 gear. You are fine in ilv 75 or so gear.

    But ofc even that was something that shocked me back in Classic / TBC. Seeing how I was raid geared going into TBC and the first few "kill x demons" quests rewarded greens that were on par with raid gear. Guess it hurt my "special snowflake" feelings in 2006 / 2007
    I have no issues with there being a instant gear mini patch at the end of an expansions content cycle. Progression is over there isn't a really a point and if im being brutally honest I doubt people care about clearing mythic after the shadowlands prepatch.

    My problem is when these weird systems become a part of progression. I don't think people examine how bizarre wow's current systems are in a vacuum. In any other game if your on the last level fighting the most powerful enemies you wouldn't expect to be asked to go back to the first level and fight the easiest enemies to gain some weird reputation that only they gave.

    It is jarring and it breaks the pacing. I would honestly like to see every system that awarded daily or even weekly power removed. No Ap, essences, conduits, soulbinds, renowned, soul ash, or any other system they tossed into the game to cheapen it and draw out content.

    That isn't even talking about the harm these systems do to the game itself when they try to make them expansion features... Remember all the lore Throne of Thunder had? If you didn't do it in MoP you won't since they ripped out all of the dialogue when they removed the cap quest. WoD I haven't checked on but I don't think you can get the ring anymore so you lose out on those quests as well.

    I left myself get off topic but any kind of weekly grind item that isn't simply cosmetic or at worst a crafting pattern for a boe item really would be better of not being in the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    But they still did it and earned it. It doesn't matter if you believe it's not deserving of credit. You aren't the lord of video games. They deserve what they earn. Everyone in the game plays by the same rules.
    I think your taking this to personally. I don't really care about what people have I am speaking about the system itself.

    If there was a game system that made it so if you ask the town guard where to go to learn blacksmithing thirty thousand times in a row he would give you your bis legendary I wouldn't disparage people for doing it but I would bitch and moan about how such a system was allowed into the game.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Was that just for the beta? They include things like that so you can test the items.
    Nah, the the testing had you able to just buy the specific memories for a pittance.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    I think your taking this to personally. I don't really care about what people have I am speaking about the system itself.

    If there was a game system that made it so if you ask the town guard where to go to learn blacksmithing thirty thousand times in a row he would give you your bis legendary I wouldn't disparage people for doing it but I would bitch and moan about how such a system was allowed into the game.
    I'm not taking it personally, I'm telling you that you're wrong. Of course you would bitch and moan about the system, but it is an undeniable fact that people that have that bis legendary did earn it. They earned it by completing the task required, just as you could have, but weren't able to.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I'm not taking it personally, I'm telling you that you're wrong. Of course you would bitch and moan about the system, but it is an undeniable fact that people that have that bis legendary did earn it. They earned it by completing the task required, just as you could have, but weren't able to.
    I don't really get what your trying to say... I don't care what people have or don't have. I am pointing out the system to obtain the item isn't a positive one for the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah, the the testing had you able to just buy the specific memories for a pittance.
    It didn't testing had a tome that gave you all of the memories instantly you couldn't get specific ones.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    I don't really get what your trying to say... I don't care what people have or don't have. I am pointing out the system to obtain the item isn't a positive one for the game.
    You said it was an unfair advantage - I was just correcting you by explaining that it is completely fair. I have not discussed whether it's good or bad, only that it's fair.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    You said it was an unfair advantage - I was just correcting you by explaining that it is completely fair. I have not discussed whether it's good or bad, only that it's fair.
    Fair or unfair is subjective. I believe it is entirely unfair that someone has an advantage over a player simple for time played. That is what we are discussing with current legendary items. You get an edge over new players not for doing harder content or through anything tied to skill but rather by existing for a longer period of time.

    I would rather such a system not exist as these legendary items feel more like they are plugging holes in specs rather then being something to work towards earning. I doubt we will see eye to eye on this as for me grinding should be a near pointless venture. I long for a reward curve tied directly to content difficulty not time spent much like earlier iterations of wow had barring the classic pvp system.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Fair or unfair is subjective. I believe it is entirely unfair that someone has an advantage over a player simple for time played. That is what we are discussing with current legendary items. You get an edge over new players not for doing harder content or through anything tied to skill but rather by existing for a longer period of time.

    I would rather such a system not exist as these legendary items feel more like they are plugging holes in specs rather then being something to work towards earning. I doubt we will see eye to eye on this as for me grinding should be a near pointless venture. I long for a reward curve tied directly to content difficulty not time spent much like earlier iterations of wow had barring the classic pvp system.
    That's fine - players can certainly choose to not earn legendaries to have an edge over other players. When everyone has the same options, we call that fairness.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It's just weird to me that some of the choices are defensive. No non-tank is ever going to pick those for PvE.

    It's like they didn't learn anything from legion legendaries. They either need to all be throughput, or have us wear 1 throughput and 1 defensive.
    There is nothing wierd about it. Its there for flavour for people what just want to try new things. Also grey items are also not used but they have its place in game. Game feel far more like rpg if there are also nonoptimal or straight up useless items.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    im glad they are 100% drop rate because of the world boss ones lol

    plus they removed the drop locations in the beta journal
    There's a guide on wowhead at least telling where to find them.

  10. #50
    Just my 2 cents, Legendary items feel so underwhelming for some classes. I'd even go as far as to say some Legendaries feel utterly boring.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    The biggest problem at the moment with legendaries is the way of acquiring them. We don't know if the raid drops are 100% drops. Are they personal loot? Why does class A's super bis legendary drop from a raid boss, and class B's super bis drops in torghast, while another gets it in a dungeon? Raid bosses aren't even farmable, so again with even a little bad luck you might wait for your legendary recipe basically forever.
    dungeon drop recipes arse not guaranteed, because they are repeatable. raid ones likely will be guaranteed, because they have a weekly lockout. will know pretty quickly after raid releases.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    dungeon drop recipes arse not guaranteed, because they are repeatable. raid ones likely will be guaranteed, because they have a weekly lockout. will know pretty quickly after raid releases.
    None of them are 100% on beta but they do seem to be fairly common. My advice would be to just not craft a leggo until you get the best one. You can store roughly six weeks of dust runs from torghast so you can upgrade it.

    The upgrade system is stupid but blizzard has an aneurism whenever you talk about removing time gates from player power.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    None of them are 100% on beta but they do seem to be fairly common. My advice would be to just not craft a leggo until you get the best one. You can store roughly six weeks of dust runs from torghast so you can upgrade it.

    The upgrade system is stupid but blizzard has an aneurism whenever you talk about removing time gates from player power.
    More like the players do, insisting on being "forced" to finish the grind in the least time possible if there aren't any, then complaining about burnout. Time gates are the more healthy state for the game.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    More like the players do, insisting on being "forced" to finish the grind in the least time possible if there aren't any, then complaining about burnout. Time gates are the more healthy state for the game.
    It would be more healthy to ignore those players as they are usually the worst of the worst in the playerbase. Whenever I hear " I don't have anything to do im bored" I check the armory and its extremely rare to find a player with more then 3k achievements and more then a lfr clear and a unrated pvp score.

    Those players should be ignored out of principal and the blizzard launcher should simply redirect their wow.exe to http://progressquest.com/play/

    I feel this is more an argument for why content that is nearly impossible to fail in (lfr,heroic dungeons, daily quests) are negatives to the game since they attract people with this mindset.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    The biggest problem at the moment with legendaries is the way of acquiring them. We don't know if the raid drops are 100% drops. Are they personal loot? Why does class A's super bis legendary drop from a raid boss, and class B's super bis drops in torghast, while another gets it in a dungeon? Raid bosses aren't even farmable, so again with even a little bad luck you might wait for your legendary recipe basically forever.
    Wait what? You need to farm the recipes in specific areas of the game? Like legendary a drops in Dungeon 1 from Boss 3? Other legendary drops in Thorgast and even another legendary drops in raid B from boss 6?

  16. #56
    Brewmaster Alkizon's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    1,440

    Arrow

    Here I probably agree with friend, in essence, legendary items should be plot-based/"for the story" (they help with passing story, not with abusing players), and direct use of them by characters should be limited to literally fulfilling conditions of stages of content progress, but... since consciousness of majority has already been spoiled by devs' unceremonious distribution of these to left and right from absolutely illogical source, then we suppose that it will be some kind of neutral/suitable-for-all gear, which will be better similar to non-legendary items with 3rd line of characteristics, moreover, rather specialized ones, such as warglaives had additional damage to demons. At the same time, I'm not against growth of characteristics of this item as in MoP or WoD, but not to sky-high heights, only as part of struggle against gradual increase indicators of other items during expansion.

    How many of these items are needed? Being in use ones? One is more than enough! What do I think about this dubious idea in this sense with Torgash? Obvious bull$hit... unconcealed spit in face of professions and another source of "borrowed powers" or rather, in fact - cyclical concentrated covert set of "daily/weekly tasks" Yes, yes, to keep you busy for a while (professions have long lost their status as time absorber responsible for preparing for upcoming battles, now you have other regular "savings-preparations"). The only positive element here is lack of RNG, probably... if I don't missing anything, or... do I?

    ps. That's the idea - "used" legendary items are something incredibly rare and with minor implantations of ultra highly specialized indicators, use of which outside specified areas is quite imperceptible. This is the only way how I can see/justified them in this game.

    Also some stuff here.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-04-08 at 05:42 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Wait what? You need to farm the recipes in specific areas of the game? Like legendary a drops in Dungeon 1 from Boss 3? Other legendary drops in Thorgast and even another legendary drops in raid B from boss 6?
    That’s right, and despite some misinformation being spreaded, they don’t look like 100% drops.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    None of them are 100% on beta but they do seem to be fairly common. My advice would be to just not craft a leggo until you get the best one. You can store roughly six weeks of dust runs from torghast so you can upgrade it.

    The upgrade system is stupid but blizzard has an aneurism whenever you talk about removing time gates from player power.
    Even more raid or die. Slands is going to have the lowest MAU's to date 2-3 months after launch.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Even more raid or die. Slands is going to have the lowest MAU's to date 2-3 months after launch.
    Not really you can only get ash from torghast and only one or two classes have good leggos from raids most are from dungeons or torghast.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Not really you can only get ash from torghast and only one or two classes have good leggos from raids most are from dungeons or torghast.
    my BiS is from legion generals...sad boi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •